Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Don’t know if you are interested but while I had it apart I installed an XM-capable radio and antenna, for resale purposes if nothing else. Wasn’t that much more money. Think I found a used radio on ebay for $60 and then the antenna was $40 or something.

Does it get my hdradio? Also call me when you can bro...had some questions. In case you lost my number...

310-480-8076
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Does it get my hdradio? Also call me when you can bro...had some questions. In case you lost my number...

310-480-8076
Hmm if I remember right HD radios were different. Will give you a buzz tomorrow.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I looked and looked but I didn't see the answer to this question: If one wanted to upgrade the center channel speaker with a decent but not wanting to break the bank 3.5" speaker which one(s) are suggested?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Another question: How do you remove the 'fascia' in front of the trunk's sub to access the bolts? A picture of the tabs would be great, to know exactly what I'd be dealing with. I'm going to order polyfill, and I assume I need to stuff the box from that hole, right? Thx.

Sponsored

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Another question: How do you remove the 'fascia' in front of the trunk's sub to access the bolts? A picture of the tabs would be great, to know exactly what I'd be dealing with. I'm going to order polyfill, and I assume I need to stuff the box from that hole, right? Thx.
They are held in with small plastic stubs. Carefully pry a little at a time as you go around the fascia. It will come out with ease and you will then see the screws holding the sub. Have fun. It is really easy as long as you only pry one at a time.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you, brother. Was thinking of doing the job there, but might pull the sub out of the trunk, to make the job easier. There should be a connector outside the box, right? Take care.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'm looking for info on bypassing the amp without the use of Maestro AR or DSR1. I think I have read most of the posts in this thread but I still don't understand what functionality is lost re: can bus when you disconnect the black connector from the factory amp?

Unitrue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi guys. I read all 70 pages and did not understand. is it possible to connect a standard subwoofer to the amplifier from the 9-speaker shaker. Or you need to change the amplifier from 12 shaker

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hi guys. I read all 70 pages and did not understand. is it possible to connect a standard subwoofer to the amplifier from the 9-speaker shaker. Or you need to change the amplifier from 12 shaker
I have the 9 speaker system. There is no speaker out connections for a sub. You would need to add an amplifier, run power and take the signal from an existing speaker cable such as the rear deck. A LOC and Forscan would be useful too. I am not sure about installing a factory 12 speaker amp. You still would have no speaker wires to the sub.

Sponsored

Unitrue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the 9 speaker system. There is no speaker out connections for a sub. You would need to add an amplifier, run power and take the signal from an existing speaker cable such as the rear deck. A LOC and Forscan would be useful too. I am not sure about installing a factory 12 speaker amp. You still would have no speaker wires to the sub.
I mean, does the amplifier from the 9-speakers version support the connection of a subwoofer
484746-bca8f7e502b750767ef5de7eb301584f.jpg

if i will make wires to this connectors from subwoofer? like 12 shaker

9sp.png

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-10 at 14.53.22.jpeg

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Test for a signal but I don't think so

B1GG1MP1N

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Shadow Black
There is so much information in this thread that my head is spinning. I am currently starting a build of adding a JL Audio 8 Channel DSP amp and a JL Audio Monoblock with DSP and a 12” sub into my 2020 GT with the non-B&O 9 speaker system. I have searched this thread as well as google to try and find a pre built harness to help implement the Amps into my stock system. There is so much conflicting information as to which direction to go, have any of you found an easy solution or am I just forced into allowing a shop to design and build a harness from scratch? Any help would be much appreciated.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Harness by Hextall @HextallS550
https://www.harnessbyhextall.com/
Plugs right into factory wiring with a factory plug...no cutting or splicing. Then FORscan to make your HU output low-level through the rca's that are on the harness.
That’s what I used to tap into that 12 speaker amp I bought

oh. Btw there’s no sub channel in a 9 speaker amp. I tried to hook the wires into my stock 9 amp before I pulled it

zero signal

swapped the amps out, same wires because same plug. Signal played from sub.
Sponsored