Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Where's the sub woofer?
I'm not seeing it.
Thanks

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
I didn't have to, the gray plug on the amp has 8 wires for 4 speakers they are rear deck and front door woofers. Since the 3.5s came with there own caps.I used those and ran a new wire in the door to the input of the crossover then connected the tweeter output to the original factory wire for the 3.5 which is in parallel to the A pillar tweeters. Since I didn't connect those wires to the new amp they can kinda be used backwards as speaker wires from the doors to the A piller where I installed the tweeters from the component system.
Hi,
The pics you posted to dropbox are gone. Can I please trouble you to repost? Thank you. :coolphotos:

No_chill_GT

Gas Guzzler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premuim roush stage 3
You guys rock!!! The diagrams are spot on and we got my subs in last night. Nust trying to find a lead wire. Testested it with a jumper and sounds great!!! Thanks guys!!

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I'm thinking of getting a premium mustang 400a (non-pro shaker). I don't know very much about the newer car audio systems. How hard is it to upgrade this system to be comparable to the pro series? Would it be more cost efficient to just try to find a 401a car at a good price or would it be fairly inexepensive to upgrade the base 9 speaker unit, possibly with a sub if recommended?

dj_rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I'm thinking of getting a premium mustang 400a (non-pro shaker). I don't know very much about the newer car audio systems. How hard is it to upgrade this system to be comparable to the pro series? Would it be more cost efficient to just try to find a 401a car at a good price or would it be fairly inexepensive to upgrade the base 9 speaker unit, possibly with a sub if recommended?
You're better off getting the premium system. No car audio system would be cheaper than if you would have did everything aftermarket

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
The general consensus is that sub in a 401a car is just not up to the task of producing good bass and most wind up adding on an amp/subwoofer combo.

No_chill_GT

Gas Guzzler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premuim roush stage 3
My sub install. Power wire route location.

Gpt my install done here's a picture to show you where you can run your power wire on the driver side there is an empty Gromit and it comes out right where the gas pedal is easy access. 10" jl w3 i used kicker loc and hifonics 1000 watt amp. Sound awesome. The box is custom for or cars by zenclosures. Perfect wall fitment. But with seats up you get some rattle. I plan on taking the sests out the back anyways.... what you think?
20160708_001440-1280x591.jpg
Screenshot_2016-07-08-00-24-20-600x805.jpg

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The general consensus is that sub in a 401a car is just not up to the task of producing good bass and most wind up adding on an amp/subwoofer combo.
What if your choice was a 2015 401a or a 2016 400a for about the same price? I know the 16's have a better sync system.

Sponsored

dj_rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Do the factory radio rem, g and b+ in the 2016 Ford Mustang premium without the shaker system

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
What if your choice was a 2015 401a or a 2016 400a for about the same price? I know the 16's have a better sync system.
I ordered the 2016 400a, and saved the $1800. I evaluated this for myself, and since I can computer-design speakers, I plan to upgrade my stereo system for cheap. I liked the memory seats more than BLIS, but I simply couldn't justify $1800 when that would buy me all the stereo upgrades I could desire, and have plenty left over. Just my opinion.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do the factory radio rem, g and b+ in the 2016 Ford Mustang premium without the shaker system
I'm pretty much a doob to the latest stereo and electronics. Could you elaborate on what this means? thanks!

dj_rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I'm pretty much a doob to the latest stereo and electronics. Could you elaborate on what this means? thanks!
My bad, I was asking if the factory amp in the mustang shaker with the subwoofer already have the wires needed for a direct amp upgrade or if I needed to purchase a amp kit for my Rockford pbrt 300 4 channel amp

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gotcha dj...I thought you were making a statement what to do, but it was a question.
Sponsored