Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
Not enough info... Are you just replacing the stock speakers with better ones? Are you adding an amp? Are you using LOC's with an amp? Are you planning on using stock speaker wiring? There are too many options.

Tell us a little more about what you're doing.
I already have an amp hooked up using an LOC which I tapped into for the rear speakers. I also have a sub amped in the rear too.

For the front I would like to replace the factory speakers and tweeters with the hertz HSK 165 system. I would like to reuse the factory wiring. atleast for the door and I could run new wire to the tweeter (since I have to use a cross over anyway). But, my question is really simple..... Where do I tap into the front speaker wiring where they havent been split to go into the tweeter... Besides right behind the dash unit...

Is the driver side kick panel wiring a suitable location?
Sponsored

noddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback AT
Great thread, thanks everyone. I have a GT on the way and plan to get a professional shop to do a decent upgrade but leave the factory head unit in place. Mustangs in Australia come standard with the 9 speaker system. I expect to get a digital processor installed, the factory amp and speakers all replaced and a sub installed. I have some questions, any comments much appreciated.

1. smdandb2 used 2 x 4 way amps. Why would you do that? I assume there's some benefit. I assume that I should be able to use a good quality 4 + 1 to drive my front and rear speaker pairs and sub ok?

2. I'm thinking of Focal PS 165F3 6.5" 3-ways for the front. The midrange is 3" and the photos of the factory speakers in this thread are 3.5". I guess my installers will be able to use a spacer or something to make the 3" work ok?

3. Is the single speaker in the dash worth keeping? i.e. should I try and get it replaced with a matching Focal or just get it disconnected?

4. Aus GTs don't come with a spare. I'd like to get the sub put into the spare wheel well. Any thoughts on this? Will it compromise performance of the sub? Thanks!

rambunctious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A 50's hotrod, 2011 Diesel Superduty
:gossip:
We are working on a "Y" plug adapter for the base radio so you will not have to cut wires.
It will work with a DSP amp we are preparing, or your amp ( with open ends to connect to your amp).

Rob
G3 Acoustics LLC

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
4. Aus GTs don't come with a spare. I'd like to get the sub put into the spare wheel well. Any thoughts on this? Will it compromise performance of the sub? Thanks!
If I didn't want a spare, I would do an enclosure there. No space intrusion. You could just strap the pump kit to the corner in the trunk. I just don't like the idea of pumping goo into a tire. In past experience, this just ruins it and it never balances right again. And I don't understand how it doesn't ruin the TPMS sensor. Back in the old days of car audio, it was popular to put the sub in the spare tire well for stealth installs. I just never wanted to go without a spare tire.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It'll sound great in the spare well! Seen it and have done it and always sounded good (assuming the sub wasn't a piece of garbage).

Sponsored

vinnie_febs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In The Works
:gossip:
We are working on a "Y" plug adapter for the base radio so you will not have to cut wires.
It will work with a DSP amp we are preparing, or your amp ( with open ends to connect to your amp).

Rob
G3 Acoustics LLC
Any update on this?:clap2:

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
the pictures from the original post are no longer there. can anyone update this?

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
the pictures from the original post are no longer there. can anyone update this?
You mean the pics of the speakers and wiring diagram... still working for me.

Intheflesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 - tech pack
First post here. I read this thread looking for info about the tech pack gt350. Just by a visual inspection, it appears there are 6 speakers (front tweet and mid; rear speakers) and possibly a center speaker? I don't think there is amp; just power from the head unit.

Sponsored

Intheflesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 - tech pack
Also.. I can't see the pics from page 1 either. I wonder if it's my tablet. Will try on my computer when I get to work

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
First post here. I read this thread looking for info about the tech pack gt350. Just by a visual inspection, it appears there are 6 speakers (front tweet and mid; rear speakers) and possibly a center speaker? I don't think there is amp; just power from the head unit.
From what I've seen, the tech pack has 7 speakers... so it sounds like your description is accurate plus a center speaker. The ordering guide also says the package has an 8" screen, so if it's the same setup as the 400/401a package, there might be an amp in the drivers footwell... not sure though.

Oh, and pics are still working for me...

will975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT, 2001 Honda Civic EX
Tweeters in the A piller

Are they 1" tweeters in the A- Piers.

Thanks for your post its very helpful. Ford are a bunch of goobers for not providing these types of specs. I mean come on its the Mustang, they knew w e were going to mod the crap out of them.
Sponsored