OP

LandTheGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
It looks like Steeda is the way to go! So the car should clear perfectly with their motor mounts correct? Again, if anybody is running a cobra jet intake on their 2018+, I would love to hear you guy's feedback. :rockon:
Sponsored

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
It looks like Steeda is the way to go! So the car should clear perfectly with their motor mounts correct? Again, if anybody is running a cobra jet intake on their 2018+, I would love to hear you guy's feedback. :rockon:
Yes, you are correct. The Cobra jet intake will clear.

Steeda Tech

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Unless I am a total noob on this forum, I am surprised nobody really compares the 2 as much as they should. Maybe it's inevitable to choose parts from just one company vs the other.

Anyways, I am getting kook's LTH installed and I know that the motor mounts have to be removed for accessing everything, so I wanna just go ahead and install some new motor mounts to lower the engine for future mods AKA Cobra Jet intake manifold. Can someone please explain which one is better for clearance and/or NVH? I am leaning towards Steeda since I am going with their suspension in the future as well. As soon as this 'rona is over, I am working my a$$ off for mods:fingerscrossed:
I prefer BMR, they are made in the U.S.A with quality materials and great fabrication work. They come in red or hammertone black. The Black hammertone is my favorite due to it being more durable. Also they have killer customer service.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Congratulations Record holders!!

60FtRecords-facebookAd.jpg

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I use Steeda whenever I can. Great product/customer service.

OniVita

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 PP
I'm also interested to know about the NVH part

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I have the Steeda motor mounts. There's a little more rumble at off-idle, but I got used to it quickly. Don't agonize about it

Dan1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Hello, I have both on my 2016 Mustang Gt. Steeda rear bushing supports and BMR 2 point front subframe brace. They play well together and maximize the pp suspension that came with my car. Car tracks perfect and turn in is fast and accurate. The rear bushing supports qnd alignment inserts half put the power down with less squatting and no wheel hop. Hope this helps!

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
One more to add to the conversation since this past weekend :)

Leticia has a bevy of Steeda parts on her S550 - we couldn't be happier with her impact since joining Team Steeda.

_nc_ohc=7PsG3Fp8hbsAX9ROqPx&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

Maglin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I just today purchased about $1800 worth of IRS Steeda parts. I was going back and forth between the two and cost not being an option I was looking at how various things where designed as well as how I can attack the install. In the end I went with Steeda because they do have great CS and it appeared that the overall install would take me far less time. Since I'm putting almost everything in the IRS I didn't want it to take an entire day. Honestly If i can knock it out in 2-3 hours that would be great. But the most important factor to me was NVH. I was really torn on getting the LCAB spherical bearing for this reason. I still might not put it in as it's an easy thing to do later on down the road, but I did pick it up. I want my 1.5 hours a day I spend in my car to be comfortable.

I also don't like mixing up brands if I can help it. My Fox is all Team-Z. My S550 will end up all Steeda. Talking suspension. That way I know parts that are not the same geometry as stock will worth properly with all the other parts that deviate from stock.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You're one hell of a fast mechanic if you can put al those parts in that short amount of time. LCAB bearing isn't remotely a source of NVH. The high-shore Diff bushing (puck) definitely are and IRS isolator aluminum collars are not silent.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have several IRS mods (read my sig) and have the minor diff whine NVH at freeway speeds. With the stereo on low or a window open it's not noticable. The difference with the Steeda IRS upgrades has been a huge handling improvement in tight cornering as well as high speed highway driving which greatly offset the little NVH I have. Oh, and NO wheel hop whatsoever.

Maglin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
You're one hell of a fast mechanic if you can put al those parts in that short amount of time. LCAB bearing isn't remotely a source of NVH. The high-shore Diff bushing (puck) definitely are and IRS isolator aluminum collars are not silent.
When I was working flat rate I commonly flagged 75-80 hours a week. Suspension stuff is generally pretty easy. When it comes to removing bushings a cutting torch to just burn them out and cut the steel collar is how you get it done in about 10 minutes. With the hot control arms the new bushings just usually drop right in with little fuss.

For the diff kit I was planning on using the red poly to help control it's movement but also allow it to have some compliance to keep the noise transfer down. I don't have something similar to compare to, but my FOX with it's all Heim joint front and rear suspension sure is loud going over a cigarette but. But like I said I probably won't install it right away as it's not hard to do latter on down the road. All the other stuff will all be at once so shouldn't take long.

I'll update here with my buddies unbiased opinion of all the upgrades. Since he has no skin in the game I figure let him beat on the pony stock and then after the install to get his reaction to if it was a worth while upgrade.
Sponsored