Sponsored

MarcasswellbMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack +Tuned Juke
I am going to pop out the trans insert and see how that feel's first. It's the easiest
I fitted the Steeda mount and heard no difference, certainly feels much better
Do you have the Trans Insert too? Or just the Steeda Bracket? Because I am Thinking about popping out the trans insert and seeing how that feel's. Someone else told me it's the that.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I am going to pop out the trans insert and see how that feel's first. It's the easiest

Do you have the Trans Insert too? Or just the Steeda Bracket? Because I am Thinking about popping out the trans insert and seeing how that feel's. Someone else told me it's the that.
Sorry for any confusion, I fitted the bracket, didn’t feel the need for the lower insert as it did what I’d hoped

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Please let us know one way or the other after taking the insert out.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Here's another option to consider. I replaced the trans mount and shifter bracket with Boomba parts and replaced the fluid with the BG Syncro II. I have no issues with shifting afterwards.

Pics below of both the original and replacement parts. There was very minor noise and vibration and Boomba says it "breaks in" which I don't know if that is true or if its just so minor I don't notice after a few drives.

Boomba Mount.jpg
Boomba Mount2.jpg

Sponsored

MarcasswellbMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
I have the syncro 2 kit in the shed. I still have under 11K in Miles so I was planning on doing the flush and syncro 2 on the next oil change or in 2 months when the weather gets a little better here. Thank you for that advice though.. Oh and how is the NVH in your car with that Boomba set up? Is it loud in the car?
Please let us know one way or the other after taking the insert out.

MarcasswellbMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Here's another option to consider. I replaced the trans mount and shifter bracket with Boomba parts and replaced the fluid with the BG Syncro II. I have no issues with shifting afterwards.

Pics below of both the original and replacement parts. There was very minor noise and vibration and Boomba says it "breaks in" which I don't know if that is true or if its just so minor I don't notice after a few drives.

Boomba Mount.jpg
Boomba Mount2.jpg
It's funny you say that because the more I drive the car, the more it starts feeling normal.. But I am going to leave the Bracket in and pop the insert back on and see how that feel's. If it calms down I'll leave it like that and see how things go.. Thanks

MarcasswellbMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
I am taking it out tomorrow morning and I'll let you guy's know what's up..

MarcasswellbMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
So I took out the trans insert and it feels just right now. I left the Steeda Body mount in though. The NVH is gone.. The shifts feel good too.. She's dirty right now.. I am new to the platform and learning more and more about these cars...

Reactions: VoR

Sponsored

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks for update. I thought the NVH was from the mount insert. Glad to hear you got it how you like it.

MarcasswellbMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
It was from the Steeda Trans Mount Insert for sure.. I left the Steeda shifter Mount in and just pulled out the trans insert and everything calmed back down to normal. And it shifts as good as any MT82 can, LOL.. The Steeda Shifter bracket does cause some NVH too but nothing as bad as the trans Insert does. So it feels almost stock again but stronger and more solid..
But I will admit if I was taking this to a track or racing it all the time, I would do like everyone else and put an MGW or Barton in it, and deal with the NVH and call it a day..

Joshua1130

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt, 2009 Silverado
It was from the Steeda Trans Mount Insert for sure.. I left the Steeda shifter Mount in and just pulled out the trans insert and everything calmed back down to normal. And it shifts as good as any MT82 can, LOL.. The Steeda Shifter bracket does cause some NVH too but nothing as bad as the trans Insert does. So it feels almost stock again but stronger and more solid..
But I will admit if I was taking this to a track or racing it all the time, I would do like everyone else and put an MGW or Barton in it, and deal with the NVH and call it a day..
I installed the shifter bushing and trans mount bushing and the car vibrates like hell now, you just took out the trans mount bushing instead to get ride of the vibrations

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
Given its some time, and understanding/knowing that I think your area got hit pretty hard with snow, has there been any change or updates you noticed? Looking to do something similar later down the line with my car (in reality it'd be a combo of the ford performance short shifter & the steeda bracket & trans mount insert, or fp shifter and steeda bracket and obviously replace the fluid to bg synchroshift ii). Just curious if you had further insight given its been some time.

MarcasswellbMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Given its some time, and understanding/knowing that I think your area got hit pretty hard with snow, has there been any change or updates you noticed? Looking to do something similar later down the line with my car (in reality it'd be a combo of the ford performance short shifter & the steeda bracket & trans mount insert, or fp shifter and steeda bracket and obviously replace the fluid to bg synchroshift ii). Just curious if you had further insight given its been some time.
I am just using the Steeda body mount Bracket right now and it feels tighter.. That's the only difference. It's still notchy shifting into 3Rd and 4th "from time to time" but I think that's just the way the MT82 feels.. I just accept it now.. I will be doing a braided clutch line and the syncro 2 right before summer but that is it for the next year or 2. It's still at 11K miles, So I am Not spending another unnecessary dime on this car until the clutch goes.. As far as weather goes, I don't know because it sits 5/6 days out of the week car covered..
Sponsored

Last edited: