Sponsored

Steeda Jacking Rails Installation Notes

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
For $120 I figured having jacking rails was probably worth it for when at the track. On the 2021 Handling Pack car - Ford actually did a pretty nice job cutting out the underside of the plastic side skirts where the jack points are anyhow - so TBH - these are probably not needed if you are always going to jack a single corner or have a lift. And - the jacking rails don't even go all the way from pinch weld to pinch weld anyhow - so when I put the car on my lift - I'm not even using these damn things... BUT - if you want to "track jack" the car with a single jack in the middle to raise the whole side for quick wheel / brake changes - then these are a must. And they will be worth the investment.

I got the cheaper but longer set... sure a pounds or so more - but come on...

Installation requires rolling around on the ground and reaching under your car... Even tho they don't really engage when you raise the car on the lift - they do just enough that this needs to be an unimpeded installation. I looked at it as the only time I have to work on this car laying on concrete - ever... and that's a good thing :)

Only notable note of noteworthyness - RTFM... Like step one line one - which I didn't read until I was 30 minutes into being convinced everything was garbage and Steeda people were out to screw me personally... the jacking rails are slightly different lengths - and the shorter ones goes on the passenger side. And - they do in fact mean the longer one will not fit the passenger side no matter how hard you try to make it... no matter if you bolt the front or the rear first - it will not work... trust me on this point alone.

Here's an action shot of me attempting to install the wrong rail on the passenger side... it was an exercise in another one of my life's modicums... I was simply unable to find the hole.
IMG_0885.jpg

The kit comes with 4 bolts per rail - but you remove 3 longer bolts to install on each side - so I reused the longer stock bolts and just one of the included ones. Dunno - all my life people told me longer was better - so I just stuck with that notion.

You do need a putty knife to scrape some of the frame sealant / glue / stuff off near the front attachment point on both sides of the car... that part I would actually, if doing another set, raise the car on the lift - clear that area with a putty knife - then lower in install the rails.

That's it - mod done. Now I'm free to jack my car whenever and where ever and as hard and as high as I want.
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I wish they would make a set that went all the way from the front to the rear jacking points.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they would make a set that went all the way from the front to the rear jacking points.
At first I thought the same, installing the rear sub frame support brace. Had the jacking rail extended further rearward. It would have interfered with the mount point.
IMG_0164.jpeg

Also ditto on reusing the factory bolts...

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The factory bolts are grade 10.9, they have large diameter captive washers, pre applied thread lock, heavy duty plating and a unthreaded lead in to reduce the chance of cross threading - what’s not to like … ?

This was my installation kit :

1622875069117.jpeg

WD :like:

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The amount of innuendo in OP's post is incredible lol

I like, enjoy reading a post with a flavor of hurmor. Personally think it is lost on many these dazs.

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Jacking rails went on this morning. Took all of ten minutes thanks to the sage wisdom of the OP. Thanks fishpick!

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I installed mine with the supplied hardware. There must be some reason Steeda sent them. Other than that mine went on just fine, didn’t even bother with sealant scraping.

Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
No offense, KC, but that's a wee bit too shaky for this old codger. :-)
It was perfectly fine for hours. Perfectly stable. I kept tapping the jack stands accidentally with my elbow. Didn’t budge.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
No offense, KC, but that's a wee bit too shaky for this old codger. :-)
That also made me a little nervous. Things tend to slide down hill. That's not the way I would want to go.
Sponsored