Sponsored

Steeda Jack Rails - Install Questions

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
It does look sketchy but it was rock solid. I believe this is a common false concern with the Steeda jack rails from what I've seen posted around. I didn't want to put them any further out on the jack rail as the stands wouldn't been sitting on the welds where the tube is welded to the brackets.

IMG_0834_zpsv3t6rthn.jpg
You can move your stands closer to the ends, actually over the welded area of the rails is the strongest section, and the safest, to support the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kairojya

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
You can move your stands closer to the ends, actually over the welded area of the rails is the strongest section, and the safest, to support the car.
I'll do it next time thanks.

As the car was in the pictures, it felt fine. I wasn't climbing in or on the car, just changing the oil. I placed 2 additional jack stands under the front as a "just in case" measure but the car never budged at all.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
wow it never occured to me that the jacking rails would locate the rear stands so far forward... like someone already commented above, is that safe? especially with so much engine weight up front? :eyebulge:

That is literally why they are so far forward. Because that is where the center of gravity is, closer to all the mass. However I personally would want to see them much further apart from each other if doing any kind of extensive work.

OP
OP
kairojya

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Even if I only used the jack rails as a jacking point and put stands in the areas you'd use a post lift at, they'd be worth it. I've never had such an easy job of getting a low-ish car like this on 4 jack stands before. My GTR especially took me 20+ minutes to get it up on stands. Similar story with other cars I had/have: 97 240sx, 91 Miata, 12 Mazdaspeed3.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I just ordered a set. I seriously considered the BMRs, but they're heavier and more expensive (though perhaps more robustly built?).

Can these be installed without putting the car on a lift or jacking it?

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
Installed them today. Used the Steeda supplied bolts as they are only a couple threads shorter than OE bolts if the OE bolts were used with their washers. I noticed the OE bolts had what looked like blue thread locker, so I used blue loctite on the Steeda bolts.

I did not remove/trim the seam sealer, just installed it on top as several of you all did. It's super easy to get the car up on 4 jack stands, the easiest of any car I've ever owned now! It looks a little sketchy with the jack stands all inboard but worked well today for my first oil change.

I took a pic while under there of what seems like the seam sealer getting squeezed out the side of the jack rail bracket.
OK so I have these on my 15 but never had the car totally up on all 4 jackstands. My issue I have is that I have to get the car so high on one side that I'm afraid when I start jacking up the other side it will slide off the jackstands or something. Did u guys have this issue or any concerns like I have? Comments please

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Bookmarking because I'll be Installing mine tomorrow. Hope for no issues:)

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Mine arrive on Wednesday. Super impressed with Steeda's customer service so far. I ordered on their web site one evening last week and the following day they actually took the time to call me on the phone to give me the FedEx tracking number. This in addition to the emails with the same/more info. You don't get that kind of customer service too often these days.

Thanks Harry/Tj/David!

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Well now you've piqued my interest, as I was also eyeballing a set of these...

Ditto. That might get me off the fence.....
Sponsored