SPRING RATES & DROPS: ALL IN ONE THREAD!!

Buck550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
2021 carbonized gray Shelby GT500 CFTP

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Last edited:

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Wow. I never knew those existed. Thank you.
Make absolutely sure you can go down 1 inch in front too. I installed 4 sets of springs commonly used by folks and I had to go with the .5 inch minimum drop springs, everything else was way too low. Every car is different. I didn't even bat an eye at ordering a 1 inch drop all the way around, called and talked to Steeda and they said they take measurements on several factory cars and they can vary by .5 inches easily from the factory.

Buck550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
Make absolutely sure you can go down 1 inch in front too. I installed 4 sets of springs commonly used by folks and I had to go with the .5 inch minimum drop springs, everything else was way too low. Every car is different. I didn't even bat an eye at ordering a 1 inch drop all the way around, called and talked to Steeda and they said they take measurements on several factory cars and they can vary by .5 inches easily from the factory.
I will measure it today as soon as I get home from work. I want to order springs asap. I looked at those BMR minimal drop springs and I am leaning towards those only because I think the least amount of parts, the better. (but I do like the spacers in case it doesnt look like I want)

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I will measure it today as soon as I get home from work. I want to order springs asap. I looked at those BMR minimal drop springs and I am leaning towards those only because I think the least amount of parts, the better. (but I do like the spacers in case it doesnt look like I want)
BMR and Steeda are both known for quality parts so you can't go wrong with either one. Spacers seem like a mistake to me, no reason to use a band-aid if you can get springs that work without it.

Buck550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
BMR and Steeda are both known for quality parts so you can't go wrong with either one. Spacers seem like a mistake to me, no reason to use a band-aid if you can get springs that work without it.
I agree, I was only trying to say that I like that the option is available if I need it.

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Am i correct by saying camber plates arent needed with the minimal drop springs?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
What's considered minimal? Up to 1 inch?
Less than 3/4 inch in most cases.

BMR considers their 7/8" drop front springs to be min-drop, but they're kind of the outlier here.

Norm

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual