Sponsored

ECOBOOST spring rates- please

slink914

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco
Ok, I have an ecostang, I have been shopping for springs and have found few rates are published, if they are they seem to be the same as the GT. Some spring sets are for GT/ECO , that can't be do to the weight difference? right?,. Also if that was true why not pick up a stock set for a GT PP as those rates seem to be what some published numbers are for the after market springs eco springs, and can be bought for a song.(with dampers)
Could the vendors and informed folks chime in. I'm not a guru but understand the basics, spring rate vs wheel rate. My 90 GT has a full MM suspension ( she rocks)
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Did you see the spreadsheet in the sticky? You have to change to the EcoBoost tab.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
You have to keep in mind what a GT spring will do when installed in an ecoboost. You can get a higher rate, but you will also get a higher installed height. You will have to do the math to figure out how much higher the front end will be using the GT springs.

I've always thought using the Steeda Ultra light linears for a GT in an Ecoboost will yield a similar rate and higher installed height. I think it works out to something like 3/8 of an inch higher than installed in a GT.

OP
OP

slink914

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco
No I have not just the GT, but I'll look again
Thank you

Sponsored

OP
OP

slink914

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco
Ok, the spring rates are listed the same foe an ECO and a GT , Steeda being one of two mentioned. Could the Steeda rep confirm this looking for the spring rate for ecoboost linear and do you know the stock rate as well. Might as well ask this as well what are your sway bar rates
Thank you
Dan

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Ok, the spring rates are listed the same foe an ECO and a GT , Steeda being one of two mentioned. Could the Steeda rep confirm this looking for the spring rate for ecoboost linear and do you know the stock rate as well. Might as well ask this as well what are your sway bar rates
Thank you
Dan
You're right, I never compared them. I doubt that's correct as there are different part numbers for the GT and EB. The only way that would be correct is if Steeda just changed the spring length and left the rate the same for both.

OP
OP

slink914

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco
You're right, I never compared them. I doubt that's correct as there are different part numbers for the GT and EB. The only way that would be correct is if Steeda just changed the spring length and left the rate the same for both.
I'm guessing 160-175 F and 650 rear.I just don't get when some springs are being offered as GT/ECO .

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
There seems to be a big difference between the 15-17 EB and the 18 & up, with the front end seeming a bit stiffer. The bulk of the weight difference between the EB and GT, less than 200 lbs, is in the front end since the cars are virtually identical other than the engines. My '19 came with the PP front sway bar and lower brace from the factory (no EBPP, no 20" wheels, not a conv) so, what parts come on the EB may be a moving target.
That said, the only difference when it comes to aftermarket springs in an EB is the front ride height. I went with GT350R springs and ended up with 1/2" drop all around, the same in the rear as a GT and about 1/4" less drop in the front than a GT.
I wouldn't recommend the PP parts unless you're doing the entire package, including springs, shocks, control arms, bushings, etc. The springs are stiffer, but the difference is minor. Most of the improvement comes from the better shocks, stiffer bushings and the summer tires that come with the PP. I would suggest you find the spring rate and ride height you want and the see who makes the closest parts. Pair it with good shocks, FRPP or Bilsteins, and either PP upper strut mounts (included with FRPP kit) or camber plates and see what you think. If you haven't installed anything to center/secure the rear subframe, you should do that while installing the rear springs.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda's springs are not model-specific. They just put 2 different part numbers on their website SKU to differentiate when people order.
Sponsored