lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
After loaning the car at a local meet to another gal with an ecoboost non pp, her reaction to my ride was that it was MUCH more stiff. And while i didnt take a ride on her base now im worried that the eibachs i have on order may be SOFTER than the stock pp. I can find the numbers for the base easy (eb, v6 and gt) but for the life of me i cant find the numbers on the pp. Im worried cause the prokit isnt that much stiffer than stock!
Sponsored

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Bump?

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
As far as I know Ford did not publish that data yet and no one has the equipment to measure it themselves around here.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
And BTW PP springs are stiff enough to overwhelm PP shocks and cause bounciness. I would not be surprised that most "street" aftermarket springs are actually softer than PP springs to work correctly with OEM shocks and are being sold mostly for lowering the car rather than making it stiffer. For better handling I would replace shocks rather than springs first. What is your goal for your suspension upgrade?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Looks wise lowering the car makes no sense to me whatsoever. Stock PP ride height looks perfect imo.

I get the feeling that many people lower their new Mustangs because that is what they were used to do with the previous generations (whcih really need it). This new generation doesn't need it at all.

Sponsored

syntheticgt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.automodia.com
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW EB 6mt w/PP and Recaros
Looks wise lowering the car makes no sense to me whatsoever. Stock PP ride height looks perfect imo.

I get the feeling that many people lower their new Mustangs because that is what they were used to do with the previous generations (whcih really need it). This new generation doesn't need it at all.
There are quite a few improvements that come with lowering a car and adding well researched suspension components.

Lower center of gravity, improved handling, flatter cornering, better braking, etc.

The PP can be a little bouncy and tends to understeer mid corner so there are some definite improvements to be had.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
The PP can be a little bouncy and tends to understeer mid corner so there are some definite improvements to be had.
You fix bounciness with better shocks or softer springs that are a better match to oem shocks.

You fix understeer by a larger rear sway bar.

syntheticgt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.automodia.com
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
You fix bounciness with better shocks or softer springs that are a better match to oem shocks.

Im not arguing with you there but there is still more improvement to be had. Also, some folks like the look of lowered cars. It's all personal preference.

Adding softer springs to match the PP shocks/struts will usually mean lowering it.

I personally think the S550 sits a little high. It doesn't take much to greatly improve the looks by lowering it an inch or two.

:cheers:

ecolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, magnetic, base, PP, Recaros
There are quite a few improvements that come with lowering a car and adding well researched suspension components.

Lower center of gravity, improved handling, flatter cornering, better braking, etc.

Lowering the car without increasing spring rate can make body roll WORSE due to the change in roll center.

ecolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, magnetic, base, PP, Recaros

Or more rear spring. Or more negative camber in the front. Or compression/rebound damping changes. It's not as simple as "if A, then B."

Sponsored

syntheticgt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.automodia.com
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
Lowering the car without increasing spring rate can make body roll WORSE due to the change in roll center.
You are right. Is it still Monday? lololol :hail:

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
The goal here isnt a one thing list. The pp springs and shocks handle surprisingly well, and im also of the group of thought that even the pp could be at most an inch lower.
I agree its a bit bouncy, but around the track it works. Main goal? I guess the main goal is not to loose time around that track. And secondarily to lower it a bit.
Eibach pro kit btw. Has been sitting on a box for a couple of weeks now. Not sure what to do

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
That's why I went steeda linear rate ultralights. I felt the Eibachs would be a bit soft.

For the record, the linear rate steedas are great at the track, fairly well matched to the pp springs, and have less roll than stock.

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I've owned a base ecoboost and now I own a performance pack ecoboost. I have steeda irs frame stiffeners and the front g-trac bar. I had them installed on both cars and the pp car vs the base is a WORLD apart on the way it handles. Yes the ride isn't as soft as the base but it doesn't bug me, I still drive the car daily and still love it. I have the steeda jacking rails on the way and after that it will be one of the suspension kits next. I want the car to handle on rails. It's just the way I feel about it. Hope this helps
Sponsored