Sponsored

Snapped crank: Stage 2 Procharger

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Had this happen recently to a friend on 14 Mustang with a VMP blower. Snapped in the same spot in front of the timing gear. It was determined that the ATI balancer wasn't fully seated.
Jason!!!
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Had this happen recently to a friend on 14 Mustang with a VMP blower. Snapped in the same spot in front of the timing gear. It was determined that the ATI balancer wasn't fully seated.
This also gives more levity to the crank bolt backing out do to the re-use of a one time use bolt!

terryj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic California Special
This also gives more levity to the crank bolt backing out do to the re-use of a one time use bolt!
Shop installed it and used a new bolt but not sure if they followed the factory procedure. There are like 5 steps.

He went back with a 15% OD ATI and ARP bolt.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I can see that happening ..Them ATI dampers are HELL to get on ..Tight fit doesn't even come close on how tight they are ..We have had to hone them to get them to fit on some motors ..

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
FWIW when I was getting my motor rebuilt the crank bolt had started to stretch. Weird to see but would have eventually led to a failure. No more worries now with an ARP bolt. Thousands in damages over a few bucks for a bolt avoided.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Wow that would have me on egg shells lol.Trying to seat that thing all the way up and wondering if the ne t turn of the bolt is going to be the one wheir it breaks.My buddies new pulley was tight as hell and we were crossing our fingers near the end that the bolt didnt break,and yes it was a new bolt lol.This is problems occur when your basis diy guys get nervous and dont get the balancer on all the way or bolt torqued right imho.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
FWIW when I was getting my motor rebuilt the crank bolt had started to stretch. Weird to see but would have eventually led to a failure. No more worries now with an ARP bolt. Thousands in damages over a few bucks for a bolt avoided.
When i do my opg's im going to use the arp bolt also.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I can see that happening ..Them ATI dampers are HELL to get on ..Tight fit doesn't even come close on how tight they are ..We have had to hone them to get them to fit on some motors ..
I have snapped a "Snap-On" install tool in half doing exactly that. LOL.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I have snapped a "Snap-On" install tool in half doing exactly that. LOL.
Snap-on Snapped off. HEHE

From the beginning installer error of some sort... All the blah blah blah about tensioners and belts and whatnot....

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I just had an ATI balancer installed and seems to smooth out a lot of vibration from the engine at all RPMs. At idle I barely notice the engine at all now, even with Steeda engine mounts. Very interesting. Guy who put it on is a Ford Tech who does a lot of aftermarket stuff for my club and I we used the ARP bolt. I guess it went on fine because it's on right! :)

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So does anyone know the p/n and torque value for the ARP bolt for a Stage 2 Procharger setup with the stock pulley and the PC pulley on the front (no ATI balancer).

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Yea would also like to know wheir to get the arp bolt??

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
So how can we be sure the ATI balancer is seated completely to avoid this? (About to do this job on my car next week)

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)