Sponsored

Ronin Oil Drain Plug

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Well?, I did last week but for some reason I deleted them from my phone. I have to install rear winglets this week end and I will take pictures and post them.
Sweet! I’ll probably make that my next mod.

I rigged some tubing and a ball valve to make it easier for me to dump the used oil back into empty quart containers. If only there was a clean solution for the oil filter!

F3466806-FB21-4A53-8036-B88282491517.jpeg
Sponsored

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If only there was a clean solution for the oil filter!
Form-A-Funnels work very well, but if you happen to have a 3D printer and are proficient in 3D CAD, you could whip out something like this:

funnel.jpg

I got wind of these a while back here on the board, and originally the seller had them listed for the '18-'20 cars. I inquired about it fitting a '15-'17 and he had no idea if it would, but offered to send me one if I would verify fit on my '15 so he could expand his fitment range; he did and it fit like a glove (with the big FP filters also) and works better than any of my Form-A-Funnels since it stays in place while you flounder around with the filter. No mess, and I'm usually a master of fouling my shop floor with oil change dribbles.

I have no idea if the filter to frame relationship is anywhere close to the same on a GT350 but it might be worth a shot to contact him.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Form-A-Funnels work very well, but if you happen to have a 3D printer and are proficient in 3D CAD, you could whip out something like this:

funnel.jpg

I got wind of these a while back here on the board, and originally the seller had them listed for the '18-'20 cars. I inquired about it fitting a '15-'17 and he had no idea if it would, but offered to send me one if I would verify fit on my '15 so he could expand his fitment range; he did and it fit like a glove (with the big FP filters also) and works better than any of my Form-A-Funnels since it stays in place while you flounder around with the filter. No mess, and I'm usually a master of fouling my shop floor with oil change dribbles.

I have no idea if the filter to frame relationship is anywhere close to the same on a GT350 but it might be worth a shot to contact him.
I LOVE this funnel! Works perfectly and keeps filter oil from getting all over the skid plates. I hope the creator is making some money off of it.

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch

funnel.jpg

I have a form a funnel and I just so happen to have a 3D printer. This looks killer!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I LOVE this funnel! Works perfectly and keeps filter oil from getting all over the skid plates. I hope the creator is making some money off of it.
That will work, but still messy, got to remove drain plug. I have the manual lever valve drains for all of my car. You never have to remove drain plug and No Mess, you can easily open the valve a little for taking oil samples or full open. No mess, no funnels, no home made drip cups. I'm old school, I want easy with no mess.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
That will work, but still messy, got to remove drain plug. I have the manual lever valve drains for all of my car. You never have to remove drain plug and No Mess, you can easily open the valve a little for taking oil samples or full open. No mess, no funnels, no home made drip cups. I'm old school, I want easy with no mess.
This funnel is for the oil filter. I also don't mess with a drain plug because I have the Ronnin valve. Does the same as you've described your valve. I'll never not have a valve of some sort on a car again.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
This funnel is for the oil filter. I also don't mess with a drain plug because I have the Ronnin valve. Does the same as you've described your valve. I'll never not have a valve of some sort on a car again.
I put a wipe towel on the cross bar below the filter to catch any dripping when I removed the filter. You would think they could have designed that cross bar just a little bit farther back or curve it more than you would never get any oil filter dripping on car/frame etc. As far as the valves, where the hell were they when I was younger and racing. Shit, the countless times I had drained my race cars, motor cycles ETC getting hot ass oil all over your hands and making a mess. These valves are a definite plus/must for me for I have 5 cars and I do all of my own work. Thanks

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I put a wipe towel on the cross bar below the filter to catch any dripping when I removed the filter. You would think they could have designed that cross bar just a little bit farther back or curve it more than you would never get any oil filter dripping on car/frame etc. As far as the valves, where the hell were they when I was younger and racing. Shit, the countless times I had drained my race cars, motor cycles ETC getting hot ass oil all over your hands and making a mess. These valves are a definite plus/must for me for I have 5 cars and I do all of my own work. Thanks

I read a good one on the forum, instead of fighting a towel . Wrap the cross bar with tin foil, it stays in place.

Used it the last oil change, worked well.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Easiest imo is to just punch a small hole (two-three easy hits on a small pointed screwdriver with a rubber mallet) by the bottom of the filter and wait five minutes. Almost all the oil pours out and into the big container I have below for draining the oil. Then just put a plastic bag around the bottom of the filter while unscrewing it if you want to be safe, though I think the last few times I didn't bother with the plastic bag and no spillage anyway.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Easiest imo is to just punch a small hole (two-three easy hits on a small pointed screwdriver with a rubber mallet) by the bottom of the filter and wait five minutes. Almost all the oil pours out and into the big container I have below for draining the oil. Then just put a plastic bag around the bottom of the filter while unscrewing it if you want to be safe, though I think the last few times I didn't bother with the plastic bag and no spillage anyway.
Not feasible for the newer canister cartridge filters.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, you'd need a drill to make the hole in those! LoL
I just unscrewed my oil filter quarter ways, let drain for a bit, then I unscrewed the oil filter the rest of the way, No Issues with messes removing the oil filter.
Sponsored