Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I just unscrewed my oil filter quarter ways, let drain for a bit, then I unscrewed the oil filter the rest of the way, No Issues with messes removing the oil filter.

That's the way it's done, poking holes in a canister is for amateurs.

Same ones go for the bigger hammer, if it don't fit force it.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I just unscrewed my oil filter quarter ways, let drain for a bit, then I unscrewed the oil filter the rest of the way, No Issues with messes removing the oil filter.
I do this too. But oil still falls from 3 places right away. The block, the end of the filter, and your hand/wrist till you get it out of the way. The funnel thing helps with the block area to keep oil off the plastic skid plates and stuff. Or maybe I’m still unscrewing too far? Either way, no mess this last change.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
That's the way it's done, poking holes in a canister is for amateurs.

Same ones go for the bigger hammer, if it don't fit force it.
Right tool for the job makes all the difference.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Form-A-Funnels work very well, but if you happen to have a 3D printer and are proficient in 3D CAD, you could whip out something like this:

funnel.jpg

I got wind of these a while back here on the board, and originally the seller had them listed for the '18-'20 cars. I inquired about it fitting a '15-'17 and he had no idea if it would, but offered to send me one if I would verify fit on my '15 so he could expand his fitment range; he did and it fit like a glove (with the big FP filters also) and works better than any of my Form-A-Funnels since it stays in place while you flounder around with the filter. No mess, and I'm usually a master of fouling my shop floor with oil change dribbles.

I have no idea if the filter to frame relationship is anywhere close to the same on a GT350 but it might be worth a shot to contact him.
Here’s the original thread to that great item to have:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/pp1-oil-filter-funnel.139700/

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
For someone not me, do quite well with what came on the car. I have 4 fingers and 1 thumb on each hand.

These type of gadgets are for the all thumbs folks that live among us. :cwl:
And then there are those like me that don't understand wtf you're even saying here hahaha!

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
For someone not me, do quite well with what came on the car. I have 4 fingers and 1 thumb on each hand.

How does coordination with your thumb and fingers help when removing the filter and keeping oil from flowing out and making a mess?

I am at least as coordinated as the next guy, and I don't see where being more coordinated would help.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
When I changed my GT350 oil yesterday I forgot to use the bag method. Ya kind of messy. I should have removed the drivers side front wheel which makes directional flow somewhat liveable.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2

I agree, this item is not for you.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Fumoto valve is done and apparently in tester hands.

BCF3767B-CC76-4CD0-BED3-1BED6147353B.png
Did you sign up for the beta? I just filled out the survey hoping to be added.

My ronin cover just fell out again!!! I was just about to safety wire it in, but now I’ll have to order another cover if I want to make that happen. That’s 2 I’ve lost on track now.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Did you sign up for the beta? I just filled out the survey hoping to be added.

My ronin cover just fell out again!!! I was just about to safety wire it in, but now I’ll have to order another cover if I want to make that happen. That’s 2 I’ve lost on track now.
There is a separate thread for the Fumoto. FYI the Beta is closed.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
My ronin cover just fell out again!!!
That sucks. Hopefully their product team has seen this thread.

I haven't reinstalled mine yet, still rocking the awesome yellow plastic plug. I think I'd rather sell it than deal with losing another cap. It seems to work perfect on the Raptor.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
That sucks. Hopefully their product team has seen this thread.

I haven't reinstalled mine yet, still rocking the awesome yellow plastic plug. I think I'd rather sell it than deal with losing another cap. It seems to work perfect on the Raptor.
I think mine is track related. The last time they replaced it, they hypothesized that maybe some oil from the oil change was still in the receiver plug, which was making the plug too slippery when reinstalled and would then come out with hours of vibration on track.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I think mine is track related. The last time they replaced it, they hypothesized that maybe some oil from the oil change was still in the receiver plug, which was making the plug too slippery when reinstalled and would then come out with hours of vibration on track.
Their hypothesis isn't far from my thoughts... The cap fits snug, but not tight. Once the car heats up, the metal on the cap expands and is more susceptible to loosening via vibration. Whether its a few hours at the track, or a few thousand miles on the street, it's the same failure mode. The real issue (IMHO) is that the cap doesn't "lock" in place.
Sponsored