Resonator advice

Jaywebs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt. 2019 c7 z06. 2019 rs5
Sure this has been covered before but was having trouble locating anything pertinent. Kooks off road headers connected to a roush exhaust='s stupid loud. I don't really mind the dB as much as how shitty it sounds now with the rasp. Anybody have a similar setup that went the weld in resonator direction to quite it down?
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Sure this has been covered before but was having trouble locating anything pertinent. Kooks off road headers connected to a roush exhaust='s stupid loud. I don't really mind the dB as much as how shitty it sounds now with the rasp. Anybody have a similar setup that went the weld in resonator direction to quite it down?
Magnaflow Tru X or vibrant resonators

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I used the Thrush Welded dual in dual out to replace resonators. Next day did rear muffler delete.
It has a very nice sound. Drone very little while RPM are climbing. No drone at cruising. Nice thing the Thrush is less than 60$ on amazon and shop charged me a 100$ to install it. The next day for muffler delete was 120$. I got a very nice sound for less than 300$ very pleased with the sound. Idele you can barely hear it

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
TSP headers, stock mufflers and magnaflow resonator, seems to be no louder than stock driving and got rid of the raspy sound; though the cold start this morning did seem louder.

Sponsored

White_Bear_92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Base 10 speed
Look at the Ford Performance by Borla resonator. It's an enclosed H-pipe with no packing. This is what I have without headers currently. It sounds great when I give it the skinny pedal, and civil when I'm farting around. I feel WITH headers it'd also be fantastic. In Borla fashion, it's a lower rumble as opposed to raspy.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
When I had Corsa Xtremes mated to ARH LTH I added a pair of Vibrants to kill the trumpety tone and chill out the volume some. The MF Tru X is an option too but will bring it down to almost stock like volume in case that's not what you are looking for.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
To be honest I think you are going to have to ditch the Roush mufflers to get the desired effect. The Roush mufflers are notorious for this. I would move on to a Borla S type or not quite a race level muffler along with the Vibrant resonators as you are running catless headers.

OP
OP
Jaywebs

Jaywebs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt. 2019 c7 z06. 2019 rs5
To be honest I think you are going to have to ditch the Roush mufflers to get the desired effect. The Roush mufflers are notorious for this. I would move on to a Borla S type or not quite a race level muffler along with the Vibrant resonators as you are running catless headers.
I hate to admit, I think your right. Damn. That sucks. Lol

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i used both vibrants and the magnaflow tru x separatley and both work really well for the rasp. i will say the tru x is much better at controlling overall volume as well. so much bigger drop in dBs with the tru x. as stated before will be closer to stock levels however that is only true at idle anything above idle will not be stock level.

Sponsored

CSYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT/CS
When I had Corsa Xtremes mated to ARH LTH I added a pair of Vibrants to kill the trumpety tone and chill out the volume some. The MF Tru X is an option too but will bring it down to almost stock like volume in case that's not what you are looking for.
I have the same setup and want to add some vibrant resonators to mine. What size resonators did you go with?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I have the same setup and want to add some vibrant resonators to mine. What size resonators did you go with?
The 1794s. They are 3" in and out and 12" long.

CSYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT/CS
The 1794s. They are 3" in and out and 12" long.
Got it thanks. I found it in another thread with the before and after vids. Trying to clean up the sound a little bit. Just ordered 2 of the 1794s đź‘Ť

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I’m very pleased with the magnaflow.
I noticed on the tru X, it says 2 1/4 in, and 2 1/2 out. I’m pretty sure my current x pipe (Flowmaster Scavenger) is 2.5 coming out both sides. Will I have a fitment issue going into my Axleback or into the LTHs on the other side?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
If you want to go with something smaller I went with these...

1621735451385.png
Sponsored