Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Remember we’re talking about dealerships that get confused changing oil and installing splitters. Would you let them pull and then reassemble the heads and timing chains on your car?
Oh no I wouldn't trust my dealer to do my oil.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Oh no I wouldn't trust my dealer to do my oil.
If anyone needs proof why they can't even trust a dealer to do an oil change.

This was my oil level on my first replacement engine, 20 quarts...
IMG_20190622_134526.jpg

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If anyone needs proof why they can't even trust a dealer to do an oil change.

This was my oil level on my first replacement engine, 20 quarts...
IMG_20190622_134526.jpg
Holy fucking shit? How did you first figure it out? Jesus! Look back a few pages on my story. Not this bad but the told me I was only 0.5 quarts low after 325 miles when I was really 2-3. Insane! You would think the people who get paid to do this stuff would know better.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
WOW! I was sure to tell my service writer its 10 quarts.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
My engine went at 28K. Hole in the block and oil pressure was fine when it went. Aside from that I am not sure what failed.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Does anyone have ANY knowledge at all of what other cars/engines' failure rates are? Ie: Dodge Hemi engines? Chevy V8's? etc. Even a basic passenger car.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
A few are well documented like the engines in the 997.1 and Caymens due to the IMS bearing turn into scrap metal, in which a class action suit was done that forced Porsche to fix some of them. I think Vettes has problems with lifters and dropped valves a generation ago that popped a few motors. The Focus RS had the head gasket issue too.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
A few are well documented like the engines in the 997.1 and Caymens due to the IMS bearing turn into scrap metal, in which a class action suit was done that forced Porsche to fix some of them. I think Vettes has problems with lifters and dropped valves a generation ago that popped a few motors. The Focus RS had the head gasket issue too.
Elaboration: 996 had IMS bearing problems mostly, and yes, 997.1 generation.

Speaking of that, the class action suit came about, I THINK, when owners were on the hook for the failed engine repair bills when out of warranty (because an IMS failure DOES basically blow up the engine destroying most of the metal inside, rather than just burning too much oil! LOL). So as long as Ford keeps standing behind the Voodoo by either replacing or buying back failed engines, I don't think there are really any damages to sue over.

Lil Blu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350
Can't make stuff like this up.
My nightmare started almost 4 weeks ago while doing my 1st oil change. The car is a 2018 bought NEW in March of his year. It has 1659 miles on it. I followed the break-in schedule and have never tracked or raced the car. I had planned to change the oil at 1500 miles but, did a little road trip and ended up at 1659. I proceeded with the oil change and discovered the stem broke in the filter housing. The actual broke piece was lodged in the stem check valve. I went to my local dealer to get a replacement housing. The housing can not be ordered because of apparent redesign. The entire aluminum apparatus that the housing screws in to, must be replaced.
Had the car towed in. The initial part sent was wrong. The sending unit lead wouldn't reach. The second part sent wouldn't work because of something with the sending unit. I was told they were in contact with Ford about a remedy. I called Ford Friday in order to get a case opened and to also voice my concern for parts not being available. Yesterday I got a call telling me that there was a rattle in the engine and it wouldn't be covered under warranty. After I got over the initial shock, I got furious. I assured them the car ran fine when parked for the oil change. I'm taking an oil sample to them this morning.
This design is a problem.
GT350 oil.jpg
GT350 oil2.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
what did they do? Use an impact on it?

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Can't make stuff like this up.
My nightmare started almost 4 weeks ago while doing my 1st oil change. The car is a 2018 bought NEW in March of his year. It has 1659 miles on it. I followed the break-in schedule and have never tracked or raced the car. I had planned to change the oil at 1500 miles but, did a little road trip and ended up at 1659. I proceeded with the oil change and discovered the stem broke in the filter housing. The actual broke piece was lodged in the stem check valve. I went to my local dealer to get a replacement housing. The housing can not be ordered because of apparent redesign. The entire aluminum apparatus that the housing screws in to, must be replaced.
Had the car towed in. The initial part sent was wrong. The sending unit lead wouldn't reach. The second part sent wouldn't work because of something with the sending unit. I was told they were in contact with Ford about a remedy. I called Ford Friday in order to get a case opened and to also voice my concern for parts not being available. Yesterday I got a call telling me that there was a rattle in the engine and it wouldn't be covered under warranty. After I got over the initial shock, I got furious. I assured them the car ran fine when parked for the oil change. I'm taking an oil sample to them this morning.
This design is a problem.
GT350 oil.jpg
GT350 oil2.jpg
Wow !! What excuse did they use for denying warranty? There are many cases of these things ticking after the first oil change.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That fucking sucks. In other news, after sitting at the dealer for a month, they just NOW took the motor apart to take pics yesterday. It’s like it takes a week for them to do one thing. Here I am two weeks after telling me they want to take it apart to send pics to ford, and they haven’t really done anything. How are other people getting their motor replaced over ten days and my car has been at the dealer for two months out of the past three?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
That fucking sucks. In other news, after sitting at the dealer for a month, they just NOW took the motor apart to take pics yesterday. It’s like it takes a week for them to do one thing. Here I am two weeks after telling me they want to take it apart to send pics to ford, and they haven’t really done anything. How are other people getting their motor replaced over ten days and my car has been at the dealer for two months out of the past three?
Mine looks like it will be a month but I had a hole in the block maybe thats more definitive than the issue you are having.

EuroKllr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
How are other people getting their motor replaced over ten days and my car has been at the dealer for two months out of the past three?
I've been waiting 3 weeks for Ford to approve my engine replacement. Not sure if it was dealer error or if Ford is starting to drag its feet on engine replacements. My engine failure is clearly oil consumption related (burning 1 qt every 100 miles), with no signs of leaks or other problems I'm wondering where all this oil is going? I keep asking for them to check the exhaust system, as I'm getting a huge amount of soot on the tail pipes, and it drips black gunk from the pipes if I let it idle. Has anyone who had their engine replaced also got Ford to replace their exhaust system, or at least their catalytic converts?