Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Question, when will the MY20 GT500 block be for sure the block used for warrenty replacement? Car is burning oil fairly bad again but would hold out for the Godzilla block for sure. This car has been a roller coaster of emotion but is too damn fun to drive. Especially with the MGW shifter (most recent upgrade). Highly recommend btw.
I can definitely attest to that. Many of my friends consider me extremely patient for dealing with all the issues I've dealt with (way beyond excessive), but it's definitely hard to part ways with the car. But there's always a last straw, and unfortunately I think I've hit that point for mine.

apparently all new motors are 19R versions. I’ll let you know when they finally put my motor in. This EcoBoost loaner F150 hauls ass.
Lucky!! I've been driving around in a rental for almost exactly a month now. Such a POS. Two weeks ago it was a Nissan Rogue, and since I've gone and returned to/from a business trip, I'm in a Toyota Corolla now. Paying out of pocket of course until attorney/Ford situation gets resolved.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I can definitely attest to that. Many of my friends consider me extremely patient for dealing with all the issues I've dealt with (way beyond excessive), but it's definitely hard to part ways with the car. But there's always a last straw, and unfortunately I think I've hit that point for mine.

Lucky!! I've been driving around in a rental for almost exactly a month now. Such a POS. Two weeks ago it was a Nissan Rogue, and since I've gone and returned to/from a business trip, I'm in a Toyota Corolla now. Paying out of pocket of course until attorney/Ford situation gets resolved.
toyota-corolla-im-hatchback-papadakis-formula-drift.jpg

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ford wants the dealer to tear down the motor and send pictures of three sections of the motor? :facepalm:

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Ford wants the dealer to tear down the motor and send pictures of three sections of the motor? :facepalm:
Well thats a change. Ford in the past wouldn't let the dealerships go inside the motors at all with the Voodoo. All a big secret of why these motors break down.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just want my car back. I’m watching videos like a child dreaming about a car I own

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Maybe it means the problem(s) with these engines is something fixable at the dealer level. That strikes me as a good thing. Also, if dealers are able to open the engine up, word will get out as to the problems

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Maybe it means the problem(s) with these engines is something fixable at the dealer level. That strikes me as a good thing. Also, if dealers are able to open the engine up, word will get out as to the problems
Dealer seems to think it’s pointless and just to make sure I haven’t done ANY mods

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I would not trust a tech to tear the voodoo down and then put it back together.....I very much doubt they have any training on how to take it apart and put it back together.....are you sure Ford corporate said this? Or just the dealer? I'd go have a talk with both of them....I'd call Ford corporate customer care line. This smells like BS dealer poo....

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I would not trust a tech to tear the voodoo down and then put it back together.....I very much doubt they have any training on how to take it apart and put it back together.....are you sure Ford corporate said this? Or just the dealer? I'd go have a talk with both of them....I'd call Ford corporate customer care line. This smells like BS dealer poo....
That's why I was thinking they could be telling them to do easy stuff, like pull valve covers, MAYBE pull the heads, etc. That stuff they should be able to do. Hell, even I can do that with relatively fair results (None of the cars I've taken R/R heads, cams, intakes, etc, on have blown up to the best of my knowledge ;-)

EDIT: Like, maybe a valve train is somehow bad, so they have a tech inspect, confirm, then FP ships new heads rather than pay $30k for R/R an entire Voodoo.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Taking heads off and on with DOHC and with variable timing is not trivial. Unless they know how to put the chains back on and get the timing lined up, it’s a recipe for disaster. Plus you have to have the right tools. In my case they did the dye marker test, leak down and compression and then put a borescope camera in it.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
good point. The last motor I took down to the block was older than I am, and I'm old! LOL (a 1964 GTO hehehe)

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Taking heads off and on with DOHC and with variable timing is not trivial. Unless they know how to put the chains back on and get the timing lined up, it’s a recipe for disaster. Plus you have to have the right tools. In my case they did the dye marker test, leak down and compression and then put a borescope camera in it.
I have done it on my Lexus its pretty easy I assume ford has various marks to align to.

Last edited:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have done it on my Lexus its pretty easy I assume ford has various marks to align to.
Remember we’re talking about dealerships that get confused changing oil and installing splitters. Would you let them pull and then reassemble the heads and timing chains on your car?

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Remember we’re talking about dealerships that get confused changing oil and installing splitters. Would you let them pull and then reassemble the heads and timing chains on your car?
:crackup::cwl::crackup::clap: