Rented an Eco-boost...

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Uh, man, you need to change that profile picture then dontcha....:D

1624300463066.png
But why? The other 15% of the time, I'm living "a quarter mile at a time", or in my case, 0.4km at a time :crackup::like:
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Occasionally I will think to myself, maybe I should have popped for a GT but that probably would have landed me in the Ruby Red or Lightening Blue I started out looking for, and not the Royal Crimson I ended up with. And then I fall back to my creed (which started with my '75 MG Midget), "It's not how fast you get there, it's how you look when you arrive." I really like my RC, and have yet to see another one in my travels around Toronto and southern Ontario.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Both my 19, and 21's are GT's, but I still really enjoy driving a friends ecoboost from time to time. Feels much lighter and more nimble than my GT.
My experience while renting an ecoboost, too.
Lighter feel that is kind of nice.
Not nice enough to make me trade in the Bullitt, mind you, but I would be happy to rent one again and I would consider buying one if I was on a tight budget.
It’s a good car.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Occasionally I will think to myself, maybe I should have popped for a GT but that probably would have landed me in the Ruby Red or Lightening Blue I started out looking for, and not the Royal Crimson I ended up with. And then I fall back to my creed (which started with my '75 MG Midget), "It's not how fast you get there, it's how you look when you arrive." I really like my RC, and have yet to see another one in my travels around Toronto and southern Ontario.
Royal Crimson is definitely a rarity around here eh? I honestly cannot say I've seen one more than maybe twice since that colour became available for '18

Sponsored

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
My experience while renting an ecoboost, too.
Lighter feel that is kind of nice.
Not nice enough to make me trade in the Bullitt, mind you, but I would be happy to rent one again and I would consider buying one if I was on a tight budget.
It’s a good car.
For sure. If I needed a commuter car, i'd buy one in a second. Way more fun than a stupid civic/prius/etc

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Never driven one, but could buy one in about two years while keeping my GT. 5 years ago I would have liked an EB, but chose a g37X that I still have. I'm very intrigued by the EB I always view the section and builds on youtube. I don't want a power adder on my GT either I'm not trying to be on 1320 video or serious about drag racing even though I love to watch.

I saw 10r80 EBs as low as $23k last January possible cheaper. If I had an EB it would have an NX2 turbo upgrade or FBO. So many builds to learn from so one can make it reliable as possible. It's 200 pounds lighter than a GT too.

My base GT is too much for the street. 235 tires are not nearly enough. I rarely floor it and with advanced traction control off it's a handful. The GT is too much for many and for the street especially on base model tire. Maybe one day I will own one I don't want to turbo my GT. We shall see.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Basically every reviewer who drove them back to back said something to the effect of, "don't make the mistake of driving the GT first".
The first Mustang I ever test drove was a 2018 EcoBoost. The second was a '19 GT PP w/out active exhaust. Third was a '19 EB, and fourth was GT PP w/active exhaust.

Looking back, my favorite test drive of the four was the second time with the EB solely because I was able to get a good 10 minutes or so driving the car around. No pressure from the sales guy helped a lot too. As for the GT, I think I would have to have the active exhaust option just so I wouldn't be overwhelmed by the sound at 1000-2000RPM. I really wasn't expecting that the first time I tried the GT, and I think it would be something I'd eventually get used to over time---an acquired taste, if you will. Again though, once my EcoBoost's fully paid off. Thank goodness for no APR on my payments, but still got four years left to go once August hits.

My EB with 10 Speed still snaps my head back when I want it to and gets 40 mpg.
40?! That sounds really nice, actually. I'm assuming lots of highway driving is how you're getting that? (I'm a city driver, but everything's close by me.)

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Drive a GT on non-ethanol 87 octane. It knows !
I found that the difference between 87 and 92 octane was a 1 second difference on the 0-60 mph run. Didn't think it would be such a difference with only 5 octane points.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
My base GT is too much for the street. 235 tires are not nearly enough. I rarely floor it and with advanced traction control off it's a handful. The GT is too much for many and for the street especially on base model tire. Maybe one day I will own one I don't want to turbo my GT. We shall see.
Agreed. I've never driven WOT with TC off; even with AdvanceTrac in Sport mode, I can feel it wiggle a bit on take off. I'm dumping the 235s as soon as they're worn & replacing with 255/45R18 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires. I think that will help a lot over the P-Zeros.

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Over many years of putzing around with cars I can guarantee this much is true. There will always be somebody faster than you and somebody faster than him. Depends on how much you want to spend and how much you're willing to give up. Think your GT is fast? There's a ZR1 that would like to talk to you and so forth.
As for the ZR1, let's not forget the Ferrari 458 Spyder...

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I priced the HO EB drop top vs a 5.0 premium drop top. For the small cost up charge, I'll buy the 5.0 thank you.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
you should still upgrade the ic on hpp

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
I read about a member throwing a rod that had an 18 nx2 eb. It likely wouldn't have happened if he kept it stage 2. I'd like to keep any motor from blowing as long as possible.

I'm sure stage 2 is still a blast when you start chasing power on any motor the engine will go sooner rather than later. That member hasn't posted in a year and a half after getting a new bottom end. I'm serious I might want an a10 eb also in a few years turbos are fun. Whatever engine us 6g members chose we should appreciate it. Pluses to owning both eb and 5.0.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I First got my Eco in 16 because I wanted to get out of a high strung Audi and the GT was 10k more with a daughter in college. All it had was an intercooler. Then 2 years later and of course wanting a GT I sold my motorcycles and saved a bit and started the GT search to trade the Eco in. It was the most disappointing search I have had searching for an expensive sports car. I was disappointed with the Gt's I drove. I just wasn't ready for the lack of torque down low during everyday driving compared to the eco. All the GT's were stock though. All Gt's were 10-12k more then my eco and didn't impress. I went and bought a whole another car for the price. Got a nice 05 GT that is FBO and tuned and runs pretty good for 10k.

But last year I finally found a reasonable deal on a 16 GT. I still miss the torque. I still say the Ecoboost is the most underappriciated car out there and really MUST by run on 93 OCT. And in some ways the GT is the most overrated. Its fun in the higher RPM's but a bit lack luster down low during everyday driving for me. The tuning and has helped some and I'm content for now but I sure miss the torque that my previous turbo cars had. If I could trust an Eco to not Ecoboom, I would love the power of a tuned Eco more then a GT as a daily.
Sponsored