Eco boost VS GT

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Unless you live in the middle of the dessert where the closest gas station is 100 miles away, i don't see that as a problem... mine is full E85, and I'm not worry about that even when the full thank is just 200 mi.

I always put full tank on everything. My 33 gal tank F150 is a killer, but range is +500 miles and that's great for work
I drive a lot and get gas a lot. I put about 13k miles in 6 months. I enjoy it a lot so it's not a big deal for me.
Sponsored

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
1. I never have to worry about having enough gas to get home. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

2. the EB is fully loaded and the gt is base.... what about getting a fully loaded GT? :crackup:

to me, at the end of the day, aaaaaall the reasons i read translate to: "i couldn't afford a fully loaded GT" and that's ok, but not a single reason outside of the money factor...

NOBODY said "I love the mustang looks and I love 4 cyl turbo engines" everything was it was cheaper, more options for less money, etc etc etc
You can read it however you want you Iā€™d think twice about chalking it up to what people can or canā€™t afford.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
You can read it however you want you Iā€™d think twice about chalking it up to what people can or canā€™t afford.
don't take it personal... but if you read all the reasons, all of them are "because it was cheaper", But you are right... let's re-word my statement from "i can't afford it" to "it was cheaper"

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
^ I have the basic gt because it was cheaper than the fully loaded package.

Kidding aside, they're all beautiful cars.

ZenkaiRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT AT
I did get a an ecoboost in 2016 cause it was cheaper. All the GT's on the lot were over 40k, and I got the ecoboost for 26k. Was my first new car.

After seeing videos of them running 12's with nothing but a tune I was hoping the engine would be like a modern day 4G63. I've always been into imports and still have a DSM. So the 4cyl thing was only a problem because its a Mustang and the stigma. I also like having an underdog car since people wont think its fast. I live at an actual elevation of 4350ft so my tuned bolt on ecoboost would beat stock 15-17 GT's, at least in the 1/8th.

Turns out the block is no where near as strong as a 4G63 though and I was begining to have anxiety about it blowing, and didn't dare to put a bigger turbo on it. It also started losing coolant and I suspect that the head gasket was starting to go. So I traded it in for a GT.

Sponsored

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
1. I never have to worry about having enough gas to get home. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

2. the EB is fully loaded and the gt is base.... what about getting a fully loaded GT? :crackup:

to me, at the end of the day, aaaaaall the reasons i read translate to: "i couldn't afford a fully loaded GT" and that's ok, but not a single reason outside of the money factor...

NOBODY said "I love the mustang looks and I love 4 cyl turbo engines" everything was it was cheaper, more options for less money, etc etc etc
Here's one that doesn't translate that way. There was no way I was going to put my 15 year old boy into a Mustang GT, so we went with the Ecoboost. In terms of the cost, I could have put him in a Mach 1 if I wanted to, but that seemed unwise.

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
don't take it personal... but if you read all the reasons, all of them are "because it was cheaper", But you are right... let's re-word my statement from "i can't afford it" to "it was cheaper"
I apologize if I come off snarky and I get that affordability absolutely does play a factor but cost != value. There are plenty of reasons to go with one over the other on a case by case basis.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
I live at an actual elevation of 4350ft so my tuned bolt on ecoboost would beat stock 15-17 GT's, at least in the 1/8th at part-throttle.
fixed it for you...

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I couldnā€™t afford a gt. But Iā€™m also cost conscious. I wanted a mustang but I also look at long term cost. If I could of got a gt and eco same price, and if insurance and gas was double on gt, Iā€™d still choose eco.

I donā€™t even use all the power, I romp onto a highway ramp and thatā€™s it. so 300 or 500hp doesnā€™t affect me. People look at my eitherway. When I finished this hike w my gf few days ago, had a couple come over and ask to see my car.

Most people really enjoy it, the only people who have given me much kind of shirking are gt guys. But thatā€™s not all them.

One pic after hike. Lol I was tired. Edit- I get a ton of compliments from guys:ladies in 60s if I had to guess. A lot of them are like this reminds them of their first car back in 50s 60s etc color. I guess these type colors, baby blue etc was common back then

3E96F2C2-1562-4D55-A254-4FC48446F00E.jpeg

CBF9A8F2-D728-473C-9996-3901ACA87C32.jpeg

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's one that doesn't translate that way. There was no way I was going to put my 15 year old boy into a Mustang GT, so we went with the Ecoboost. In terms of the cost, I could have put him in a Mach 1 if I wanted to, but that seemed unwise.
special case... and understandable, but when you got the camaro, you went with the SS because you know what's right and what's not lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Cost did figure into it, I really hate payments so I wanted to keep it loan free, if I'm going in debt I would come home with GT500

Some of the reasons I like the eco, lighter, better gas mileage, new, warranty, more low end torque.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Noise wise, you know. I actually love my eco. I have the velossa tech w combs removed and afe filter with the simencor tube removed, all I hear is sucking under any throttle.

I have hks bov which I absolutely love more than my exhaust honestly. Itā€™s just reminds me of fast curious as a kid.

my exhaust is oem downpipe now, was catted aftermarket but went back oem, but y pipe and awe exhaust axle backs it sounds and looks pretty good.

my exhaust w the catte do imo was nasty!

https://youtube.com/shorts/_QiCb_Tyc44?feature=share

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
turbo spooling noise + back fire exhaust (with actual fire) = šŸ˜

My sti is annoying as fuck as a daily because its too harsh, but fun AF

my wife wrx (2020 stock) is a great DD, but not as fun... there is no drama, no noise and it feels slow... but great daily

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
special case... and understandable, but when you got the camaro, you went with the SS because you know what's right and what's not lol
I definitely prefer a V8! The sound of my SS cranking up (exhaust is locked into track mode) never fails to put a smile on my face. The Ecoboost Mustang is a good car, and surprisingly quick, but the sound is not inspiring to me. Once he's out of warranty he may want to put a downpipe? (I know nothing about these turbos) and new exhaust on it.

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Noise wise, you know. I actually love my eco. I have the velossa tech w combs removed and afe filter with the simencor tube removed, all I hear is sucking under any throttle.

I have hks bov which I absolutely love more than my exhaust honestly. Itā€™s just reminds me of fast curious as a kid.

my exhaust is oem downpipe now, was catted aftermarket but went back oem, but y pipe and awe exhaust axle backs it sounds and looks pretty good.

my exhaust w the catte do imo was nasty!

https://youtube.com/shorts/_QiCb_Tyc44?feature=share
That sounds a lot better than stock!
Sponsored