Sponsored

remote start listed on 2019 manual window sticker

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Was searching for 2019s today and the window sticker on this 6 speed GT listed remote start in the standard features section. I'm hoping it's true, but I guess it's most likely a typo. And no, it wasn't "deleted" below in the optional features section. See attached:
remote start capture.JPG
Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Remember the sticker called the Monroney Sticker is basically a contract between you and the dealership. The sticker on my Mustang said satellite radio even though it was a base model. I brought the issue to the manager who forwarded it to customer service. They ended up giving me the Top tier warranty with 10 free services for free.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Remember the sticker called the Monroney Sticker is basically a contract between you and the dealership.

The sticker on my Mustang said satellite radio even though it was a base model. I brought the issue to the manager who forwarded it to customer service. They ended up giving me the Top tier warranty with 10 free services for free.
No it isn’t. The Monroney sticker is solely provided by the car manufacturer. Any typos or incorrect options that might exist on it have nothing to do with a dealership.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
This might be possible, given that the 2019 6MT likely has sensors detecting the position of the shifter.

If this is the case, it would likely work so that remote start is possible if the shifter is in the neutral position, which would be slick for starting the car in a level garage on cold mornings...

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
No it isn’t. The Monroney sticker is solely provided by the car manufacturer. Any typos or incorrect options that might exist on it have nothing to do with a dealership.
You’re right. I actually meant Ford as a whole which is why the Corporate Customer Service Department had to solve my issue. The point being is that Ford is legally obligated to provide every piece of equipment listed on the sticker. They won’t be able to put remote start on his car so they should offer another option.

Before Mr. Monroney came along the same exact car could be sold at ten different dealerships for ten different prices. Nobody had a clue what options the car had the salesmen would make up stuff to add to the cost of the vehicle. As a Senator he sponsored a bill that would protect the car buyer by giving them the information they needed to know to make an educated decision on a purchase.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
Doable...

if the car is in Neutral, with the the parking brake set, and the car can sense it (there is already a "parking brake on" light). The new electronic speedos, show the gear you are in, so I say easily doable (and welcomed!).:clap2::clap2:

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
if the car is in Neutral, with the the parking brake set, and the car can sense it (there is already a "parking brake on" light). The new electronic speedos, show the gear you are in, so I say easily doable (and welcomed!).:clap2::clap2:
It would be cool but leaving the car in gear is an extra bit of safety to keep the car from moving. The parking brake cable failed on my F150 and I forgot to put it in gear and it rolled down my driveway and across the street to hit a flatbed trailer. Ford would be painting a target on their backs if they enabled remote start on manual transmission vehicles.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Its probably going to be on it.

MANY other car manufacturers have remote start on their manuals. The car just needs to be in neutral and parking brake on. The cars are now smart enough, and have e-brakes, etc... so all of this is extremely easy for the car to know if the correct parameters are set.

If you're on a hill or incline, just leave the car in gear as extra protection, but don't whine when you can't remote start the car IF you do that all of the time.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
It always irked me that remote start wasn't available.

It really is as simple as:
1) Set parking brake
2) exit idling vehicle
3) lock vehicle
4) shut off vehicle with fob
5) nothing else can happen
6) remote start works

Sponsored

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Its probably going to be on it.

MANY other car manufacturers have remote start on their manuals. The car just needs to be in neutral and parking brake on. The cars are now smart enough, and have e-brakes, etc... so all of this is extremely easy for the car to know if the correct parameters are set.

If you're on a hill or incline, just leave the car in gear as extra protection, but don't whine when you can't remote start the car IF you do that all of the time.
I've never actually come across this and I read up on many different cars. Can you provide an example or 2 of factory remote start on a manual transmission car?

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There are after market remote start kits for manuals

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
i doubt thats correct

OP
OP

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Mine doesn't list that; fake or mistake. Either way.
Hey, come on, I didn't "fake" it :)

I hope it's not a mistake as I'd love to have remote start on a manual, but I have to think it is.
Sponsored