Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe someone can tell me, why does my FordPass app have a remote start option for my PP2? As you know, it is a manual and I never had this option before... And yes, my car is linked to it.
Anybody else has this option just added? Is this by accident?
Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Shows up on mine for my GT350.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
I don't have this on mine. Mine is a 19 PP2 401a as well. Does it work when you press it?

OP
OP

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
SO I went to start the car and the remote start option is gone. So weird. How is it on your gt350? Can you start the car?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Automatic only.
We all know that, but me and Carbide has it for his 350. There was an update and a glitch most likely. I am just checking if it was only me or more people can see it.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
We all know that, but me and Carbide has it for his 350. There was an update and a glitch most likely. I am just checking if it was only me or more people can see it.
There have been some updates lately. I vote glitch.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
GT350 is manual only so that's why I laughed when I saw it on the app.

I did NOT try pushing it. I'm sure nothing would happen.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nothing would happen. The remote start function is actually missing from the BCM/PCM of the manual cars.
But I would make sure the stick were in neutral if I tried it. Even knowing it wouldn't work, I would still not have the guts to try it in gear. :cwl:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nothing would happen. The remote start function is actually missing from the BCM/PCM of the manual cars.
But I would make sure the stick were in neutral if I tried it. Even knowing it wouldn't work, I would still not have the guts to try it in gear. :cwl:
These cars stall if you start them in gear (at least with the ebrake set), so no real worries unless it's on a downhill slope or something. I only found this out on accident because I put it in 1st as I usually do when I park, along with the ebrake, and went to get out, only for it to instantly stall. Turned out I forgot to turn the car off first, lmao.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
These cars stall if you start them in gear (at least with the ebrake set), so no real worries unless it's on a downhill slope or something. I only found this out on accident because I put it in 1st as I usually do when I park, along with the ebrake, and went to get out, only for it to instantly stall. Turned out I forgot to turn the car off first, lmao.
I'm not sure it's the same thing. At idle the engine doesn't have enough torque to pull the car, so it stalls. The starter, on the other hand, has.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Try starting an older car in 1st gear close to a wall. And come back to tell me how bad is the damage ;)
The starter has plenty of power to move the car. How do I know? Back in the good old days in Poland, I had a shitty car and my gas decided to end 10ft from the pump. What do you do ? 1st gear and you try to start it... Took about 6-8 second but the car was next to the pump and were all good. It is extremely bad for the starter, however the car was (again) a piece of shit so nobody gave a fuck. The girl that was with me was actually impressed ;) We were both 18 so she would be impressed by anything from a Pokemon card to a photo with Mike Tyson ;)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That button showed up on my Ford Pass a few days ago, but it's not there anymore.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Try starting an older car in 1st gear close to a wall. And come back to tell me how bad is the damage ;)
The starter has plenty of power to move the car. How do I know? Back in the good old days in Poland, I had a shitty car and my gas decided to end 10ft from the pump. What do you do ? 1st gear and you try to start it... Took about 6-8 second but the car was next to the pump and were all good. It is extremely bad for the starter, however the car was (again) a piece of shit so nobody gave a fuck. The girl that was with me was actually impressed ;) We were both 18 so she would be impressed by anything from a Pokemon card to a photo with Mike Tyson ;)
I've tested the theory in a 1990 5.0 LX back in the day. I snapped the clutch ratchet at an intersection (pedal to the floor but disengaged). I was able to use the starter to jump start the car and get moving forward then rev-matched 1st to 2nd shifts to hobble my way to the nearest service shop. I must have used the starter 4-5 times on that trip to go from a engine-off to rolling in 1st at 2000rpm.

Last edited:

Kevindust

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 401A PP2 Active Exhaust, 2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade manual, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
I wish Ford would enable the remote start feature for manual transmission cars. The computers already know when the transmission is in gear and when the parking brake is engaged. It would be easy to program so that remote start only functions when there is nobody in the car, the doors are locked, the transmission is in neutral and the parking brake is engaged. I had a remote starter on my 1998 Integra GS-R. There was a specific sequence to "arm" the remote start when you left the car but it worked quite well.
Sponsored