Sponsored

Recommendations for rock chips? (Grabber Blue)

Emrys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Could anyone give their best advice in repairing rock chips? I only have 1, but I want to take care of it and be ready for the next one.

I’ve heard good things about Dr. ColorChip, but the reviews on Amazon aren’t very good.

Thanks!
Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I heard some good things about Dr. Colorchip. I guess it's only as good as the user. That's the only thing I know of except going to a body shop for the repair. But then your talking about some real money. If it were me I'd give the good Doctor a try. It's probably better than nothing. Good luck, little dings like that drive me nuts also.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I heard some good things about Dr. Colorchip. I guess it's only as good as the user. That's the only thing I know of except going to a body shop for the repair. But then your talking about some real money. If it were me I'd give the good Doctor a try. It's probably better than nothing. Good luck, little dings like that drive me nuts also.
I second Dr. Color Chip. A high end detail shop turned me on to it and was happy.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to try colorndrive, few more days until it gets here. I'll report back, big chip on my brand new 18 GT PP2, Shadow Black.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Just go to the dealer and buy a bottle of Grabber Blue touch up. I believe it cost me about $12.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
They should sell the touch up paint in a spray can. Mask off everything around the chip. Spray the can at something other than the car first. To make sure the can doesn’t spit. Then paint the effected area. Hold the can about 8 inches away and make several light passes. Let it dry. Then remove masking. I never had any luck with the touch up paint that came with the little nail polish brush.

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Dr. Colorchip has worked well on my GB GT

OP
OP
Emrys

Emrys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all--I really appreciate the help. Rock chips are gonna happen (especially in a daily driver), but I'll still feel better once it's gone. I'm going to take care of it this week.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This is why I have Suntek Ultra PPF on the front of my Grabber Blue Mustang. Rock chips are inevitable and so far after a year I don't have any that haven't healed.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Dr. Colorchip or a touch-up pen. Using spray paint is a death wish for a car enthusiast.

Sponsored

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
Touch up paint, unless it's really bad. It'll never be new again and it sucks but it happens. It funny how we get more upset when our mustangs get a scratch then when our kids come home with a black eye and some stitches, lol.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Touch up paint and a Lowell-Cornell fine line painting pen.

Sponsored