Sponsored

Rock chips

Bcart50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado
On my drivers side I have 6 or 7 decent sized chips in my paint on the rear quarter (drivers side, right behind the door). and 2 or 3 on the passenger side... I have a GTPP with 25mm spacers and have less than 4k miles.. By the time I hit 20k the whole side of my car should be sprayed.

Anyone else going through this?
Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
mud flaps for the fronts wheels will solve your problem.
It gets a little loud because you can hear every rock or debris that hits the plastic mud flaps. I have to take mine off and cover them with a softer material to fix this issue.

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I actually just dealt with some rock chips and I honestly can't even notice them anymore after going to my local dealer and buying some touch up paint. It comes with a little pen sized sander, a primer and base coat mix, and then a clear coat. I showed it to 3 of my family members and my neighbor and none of them could even see the rock chips when I was done.

OP
OP

Bcart50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado
I don't want to run mud flaps..

I actually just dealt with some rock chips and I honestly can't even notice them anymore after going to my local dealer and buying some touch up paint. It comes with a little pen sized sander, a primer and base coat mix, and then a clear coat. I showed it to 3 of my family members and my neighbor and none of them could even see the rock chips when I was done.

Link?

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Dr color chip is pretty cool. I used it on my black mustang, and although it wasn't 100% perfect, it did a fantastic job and hid things well.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Dr color chip is pretty cool. I used it on my black mustang, and although it wasn't 100% perfect, it did a fantastic job and hid things well.
i agree! i kept wiping off the paint with the solution but it does hide them, need to be super precise haha

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to your Ford paint job.
My family has owned dozens of cars over my lifetime and I can honestly say, my S550 has the worst paint job of any car I've ever owned. Sad really.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My family has owned dozens of cars over my lifetime and I can honestly say, my S550 has the worst paint job of any car I've ever owned. Sad really.
My 1992 Honda Accord with one of the original water-based paint jobs that would fade after a couple of years on the roof and hood has less rock chips up front with 200K miles... f'ing pathetic this paint work. I actually avoid washing the car just because I see the mess. I regret not covering the entire thing in that film when I bought it... oops.

Sponsored

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
My 1992 Honda Accord with one of the original water-based paint jobs that would fade after a couple of years on the roof and hood has less rock chips up front with 200K miles... f'ing pathetic this paint work. I actually avoid washing the car just because I see the mess. I regret not covering the entire thing in that film when I bought it... oops.
You should really look at going into a dealer for paint. If you want, I can show you what mine looked like after I touched it up. You probably couldn't even tell! It does suck that they did such a bad paint job though. I felt terrible after seeing some of the chips!

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I've always thought that manufacturers should shift money from their advertising budget to their paint and finish budget. Nothing is a better advertisement for a brand than seeing a 15 year old example looking good. Nothing is a better anti-advertisement than a 5 year old car with peeling clear-coat.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I hear Dr. Colorchip does a pretty good job. But once you touch those up, clearbra does a damn good job in some key areas to help prevent that sort of thing. I'd recommend looking into it once you cover up some of those chips. I have my whole front bumper and headlights covered, the front of my hood up to our hood vents covered, a strip on the roof just above the windshield, some going along the bottom edge of the car along the body line, and around the fenders. The guy even put some along the backing of the mirror for when sons of bitches rub against it going past, and a small strip wrapped around the length going up my door just in case I'm a dumbass and let the end of my doors swing open and bump something. I only wish I'd asked for some to go around a bit of the door handle for my GF's damned nails when she opens my passenger door LOL.

But, I know the clearbra has saved my ass a few times. Including the day I caught a goddamn wild cat at work just chilling on top of my hood and I almost skinned the little bastard alive. Shooed it off and it left a little cat scratch on the tip of my hood over the clearbra as it jumped off, but didn't penetrate it. My stepfather had done this for his '15 Challenger when he got it and when I drove my car off the lot and the family was checking it out he gave me the phone number for the guy that did his and advised me to stay the hell off the freeway until I hit this guy up lol. Best advice I've gotten yet. It's saved me a few times that I know of, and who knows how many that I don't. I've gotten about 2 errant rock chips or so that got me in spots I don't have clearbra over, but by and large this probably covers most of where they'd be likely to hit and I know just from looking at everyone's bumpers out here in this area where there's so many rocks and pebbles all over the road you'd think UT purposely sprinkles them on there, I'll have saved my whole front bumper and headlights from getting peppered and road rashed. The only thing clearbra won't apply to is the textured plastic molding of our chin spoiler and that molding shit that runs along the bottom edges of our driver/passenger sides.

dT1vOwI.png

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
First thing I am doing when I take delivery of my Mustang is going to my clear bra guy for Xpel Ultimate on the entire front and possibly those quarter panels.

OP
OP

Bcart50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado
Welcome to your Ford paint job.
Oh I know... Not only is the paint not strong, this car dents beyond easy. I have 2 dents on my upper quarter (where it's flat) and one on the other.

I give up...
Sponsored