Reckless Driving

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This is me for sure. My job involves traveling 200 plus miles a day most days. Getting home safely is of utmost importance to me. I'm gonna try and find some HPDE events this year, I do wanna try what my Stang will do, nowhere to do what these cars can do safely on any public road anymore.
Iā€™ve not done an HPDE event in my car yet. I did a private event a couple years ago where we got to take a Huracan, GT3RS, GT500, C8 and an R8 out for a couple laps with an instructor and then a couple on our own. Itā€™s incredible what those cars are truly capable of, especially with an instructor who can really push it. While our GTā€™s arenā€™t to the level of those cars, you are 100% correct, thereā€™s really no safe place on public roads to really push these cars to what theyā€™re capable of. Iā€™m really hoping I can get mine out a couple times this summer, my kids sports schedules are just bonkers in the summer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Literally all of them should not be blindly followed. Walked right into that one, must have had your blinders on. But circling back to your point about safety, I am sure you must be in favor of a complete ban on motorcycles.
Did I ever walk into that one, shucks. Not anti motorcycle I owned several when I was younger.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Same here most interstates and tollways are 65-70mph. There are some where if youā€™re going 75-80mph in the left two lanes, youā€™re getting run over. Thatā€™s why there are typically 2 right hand lanes, but thereā€™s always at least one person on their phone or something camped in the left lane impeding traffic.

And most of the time itā€™s safer to keep in the flow of traffic rather than to be the one to slow it down, so I wonā€™t be one that impedes traffic for sure. But the times when you can actually go that fast are at odd hours as traffic is fairly heavy most of the day. You have venture pretty far west of the city during the day and even then thereā€™s state troopers everywhere.

I donā€™t know, I guess I just have too much to lose at this point to be stupid. Did plenty of stupid stuff in my youth, some of which I wonā€™t tell my kids about until theyā€™re my age LOL. Most of my dumb stuff was not with cars though (outside of a speeding ticket and some obnoxiously loud stereo systems).
I believe even the current drivers tests arenā€™t what they were. Quite regularly I see people on the interstate that drive 30 miles per hour holding on for dear life. You know the look. Seems the path from donkey cart to used Hyundai has been significantly shortened, so be careful.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I believe even the current drivers tests arenā€™t what they were. Quite regularly I see people on the interstate that drive 30 miles per hour holding on for dear life. You know the look. Seems the path from donkey cart to used Hyundai has been significantly shortened, so be careful.
Yeah I have no idea what the driving test is these days but Iā€™ll find out soon. My son starts driverā€™s ed this summer.

But yeah I know those white knucklers, used to see them all the time when I had to take the interstates to work. Like, if youā€™re that scared to drive, take public transportation.

Sponsored

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
A friend of mine was at the DMV and I guess they didn't have translator for this one fellow's particular dialect so his buddy was "translating" the test for him. I am sure the translator wasn't helping his friend at all.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
A friend of mine was at the DMV and I guess they didn't have translator for this one fellow's particular dialect so his buddy was "translating" the test for him. I am sure the translator wasn't helping his friend at all.
That Dude in Blue did a YouTube video about German driving tests a few years ago. Assuming itā€™s true (I have no reason to think heā€™s making it up,Iā€™ve not been there to confirm) itā€™s very involved and it actually tests a driverā€™s ability. They seem to take it more seriously than we (the US) do. Judging by some of the yahoos I see driving around here, you pretty much just have to be conscious and able to pay the fee to get your license these days.

We have a track here that offers classes for newly licensed drivers (and experienced ones if they want to sign up as well) that teaches them a lot that the driverā€™s ed classes donā€™t but should. They put them in skid cars and teach them how to recover in loss of traction situations (especially good for up here in the snowy season) as well as other various situations that help them learn what cars are capable of and how to properly adjust in certain situations. I plan to sign both my kids up for it when theyā€™re able, heck I might do one because why not.

Unvaxxed

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
You can always evade the cop. It's not that hard to do in a s550. šŸ˜‰šŸ‘

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You can always evade the cop. It's not that hard to do in a s550. šŸ˜‰šŸ‘
Canā€™t outrun a radio buddy. And then youā€™ve made it worse by running šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Reckless driving and "Almost" triple digits. Sounds like a Tuesday to me. The fun doesn't usually start until your approaching 130.
Well my top speed was significantly higher, the cop just got me while braking

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Canā€™t outrun a radio buddy. And then youā€™ve made it worse by running šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Only an absolute idiotšŸ˜³ would think the police would just say, ā€œOkay guys, he ran away from us Letā€™s go home nowā€œ. :cwl:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Simple question- If you canā€™t understand a road sign how can you logically get a driver license?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Only an absolute idiotšŸ˜³ would think the police would just say, ā€œOkay guys, he ran away from us Letā€™s go home nowā€œ. :cwl:
And never mind the fact that his eyeballs probably picked up the plates and if not, his dash cam likely did.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny plates ftw!
Thatā€™ll throw them off your tail. Nevermind šŸ˜³ the helicopter watching. LOLā€¦.youā€™re doomed.
Thatā€™s because like I always say, When you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.
Sponsored

Last edited: