StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Ah dang. Thanks @StangTime.

Keep me posted. I may end up doing the same because I've replaced and/or re-greased nearly part beside this piece, took off all my interior panels and lined them with jute... but this persistent squeak/creak always comes back some how only in the rear passenger side.
Hey @baevid I had some time last night to investigate. I placed my floor jack under the passenger side lower control arm and started lifting. The resulting noise transmitted through the body was hideous. Lowered and raised it a couple times and the noise persisted. So I removed the BMR brace (I left the bushing lockouts in place) and put the stock one back on. Lowered it and raised it a few times. No more creaking! Hmmm... Didn't have time to road test. Loading the suspension by lifting the control arm is quiet now. Hopefully it stays like that.
Sponsored

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'll definitely have to sift through my parts bucket to find my stock braces then, it's been some time. These still fit fine as is with the bushing lockouts?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'll definitely have to sift through my parts bucket to find my stock braces then, it's been some time. These still fit fine as is with the bushing lockouts?
Yes. Just remove the large subframe bolt and two smaller bolts. Take the BMR brace off and re-install the OEM brace and torque the bolts. Large bolt is 129ft-lbs and the small are 41ft-lbs.

Try jacking the lower control arm first to see if you can reproduce the creak.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got it.. I'll try to tackle it soon whenever I have time.

I've reproduced the slight creak from just jacking up or setting the car down from that corner but yeah I'll verify by just trying on the lower control arm itself. Thanks dude.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
@StangTime Just to be sure since I forgot how to OEM stamped metal brace sits, you only swapped this brace out? I'll have to go look under my car after work today since I'm having a brain fart but I think I have the CB762 in addition to this.

1667497417888.png

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
@StangTime Just to be sure since I forgot how to OEM stamped metal brace sits, you only swapped this brace out? I'll have to go look under my car after work today since I'm having a brain fart but I think I have the CB762 in addition to this.

1667497417888.png
That's correct. But I did this on the passenger side. The drivers side was already off the car for another reason and the noise was all on the passenger side.
The CB762 will still work with the factory brace like this:
1667498828257.png

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Update. After removing the CB005 brace and replacing it with the original factory brace, leaving all other IRS cradle lock out parts on the car, the squeak is gone. Verified this by rolling in and out of my driveway. There is a little drop off that would induce the squeak consistently as the weight of the car body would load the suspension. I went back and forth a few times and heard nothing. I'm going to post a picture later of the CB005 and the contact marks that are inside the cup where it touches the rubber IRS bushing.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sweet. I couldn't find my factory braces over the weekend as I probably trashed them after I moved years ago. Going to just order some from Tasca just to fix this.

No telling if it's a defect in the BMR brace or just the subframe itself a bit out of spec from factory but hopefully I get the same results once I get these pieces in hand to swap out.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Sweet. I couldn't find my factory braces over the weekend as I probably trashed them after I moved years ago. Going to just order some from Tasca just to fix this.

No telling if it's a defect in the BMR brace or just the subframe itself a bit out of spec from factory but hopefully I get the same results once I get these pieces in hand to swap out.
Good luck. I'm confident the noise is coming from the bushing rubbing inside the metal cup of the CB005 brace. I even tried fluid film to lubricate it and that didn't help.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I have a similar sound, but not as loud on a car that stock other than FPP spring and bars. I'll be double checking all my stuff probably this weekend. Anyone have a link to the specs to tighten it all to?

Sponsored

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Finally got around to swapping out the CB005 braces with the factory ones but looks like i still have the noise on the passenger rear unfortunately. Driver side rear still noise-less as far as i can tell.

I’ll probably recheck all the shock bolts again next week and then just take off the CB762 too.

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey guys, just reading this. Steeda makes an alternative to the BMR part:
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-subframe-alignment-and-support-kit.html

Not sure if you would get any creaking from this kit, but it does the same thing. I have the Steeda kit in a box and ordering springs before I tackle the job. Maybe something to look into.

And this is just an option. Some people throw out or mod parts. BMR and Steeda make great parts.

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium, 50 Years Pkg, DIB, MT82
Update! I did the lower control arm bearing solid when I did the whole suspension rebuild, but also they accidently pressed out another bearing in control arm not usually replaced and did that one solid for free. So now I do have some noise as the weight shifts and it's because of those parts. I don't think the BMR is doing much at this point, hard to determine. My racing/alignment shop said they thought it was all the lower control arm area when it was up in the air.

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
Edit: I have had the bmr cradle lockout kit, diff bushing inserts, and vertical links for almost 8 years/65k miles.

I'm pretty sure mine was the rear camber arm bushing on the body side. But I could be wrong. To diagnose I removed the spring and shock and moved and whole knuckle assembly up and down manually (it's heavy) to verify the creak. Then I started disconnecting links one at a time until it stopped. Mine stopped by disconnecting that arm. I replaced it with an O'Reilly's part (Precision Control Arms) and it did completely disappear. BUT it seems to have returned 6 months later. So I might have been fooled, or gotten a bad cheap part. It's got a 1 year warranty so I'll be taking it apart again soon. BTW this is the drivers side camber arm. The expensive aftermarket ones have a grease fitting here.
PXL_20230519_195352994~2.jpg
Sponsored