Sponsored

Rear Suspension Creak - Please Help!

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
If it sounds like the source of the noise is the front CB005 pieces, it's easy to take them off as long as you do it one side at a time (front and rear of one side). Removing them, cleaning the mating surfaces, and retorquing the bolts may be all you need.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium, 50 Years Pkg, DIB, MT82
If it sounds like the source of the noise is the front CB005 pieces, it's easy to take them off as long as you do it one side at a time (front and rear of one side). Removing them, cleaning the mating surfaces, and retorquing the bolts may be all you need.
Looks pretty simple. I just need to loosen the passengers side cradle bolt if im only doing that side? I'll send an update this weekend, trying to power wash good first, then going to start taking it apart and cleaning if that doesn't cure it.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Support the lower control arm with a jack and then loosen the 21mm bolts (front and rear) and the 12 or 13mm bolts (front only). From there, you can lower the jack and the subframe will droop down a little bit on that side. It won’t drop fully unless you unbolt the shock.

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Powerwashed at the car wash and went away! I will continue to drive the car as I won't get excited until there are more miles on it. I sprayed all rear suspension but spent a lot of time on the cradle lockout, so I believe this was the issue.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
My rear suspension was making some of the same sounds. After reading some of the comments, I went out and checked the torque on all of the bolts in the places that I had put after market pieces. I found the right side rear shock had one bolt slightly loose but none of the others were. I saw one post that said to check the vertical link torque, which was one component that I have not changed. The right side top bolt was not at the correct torque, yet not very loose. On the left side, both top and bottom were below torque specs. One other thing I found was the keepers that hold the fender skirts were loose. Some took as much as 2 complete turns to snug them back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Update, the sound is back. At least it seems to be a minor issue and most likely grime or lack of lubrication somewhere. The car didn't make noise after the powerwash about 1PM Saturday, and Monday morning the car was making the sound again. I will take apart the CB005 and vertical links and clean next.

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Sound is gone! Only have driven once, so need thoughts and prayers that its permanent or I may need to contact BMR on this.

I took the entire CB005 passengers side apart and cleaned it all, did seem dirty not extremely dirty, but dirty. I added BMR alignment dowel to the front of the lockout kit only because the rear insert was stuck and didn't have time to mess with it. Torqued to specs

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The noise is the steeda vertical links. I Had the same issue. Its the delrin bushings they get dry and make noise. You can oil them up and they’ll go quiet, but they dry out again and start singing. I sold mine and put a set of Bmr vertical links on with “urethane” bushings with grease fittings. Quiet as a church mouse now.

Tip:
If you end up getting the Bmr vertical links with the grease fittings, use marine grease, its water resistant so it lasts way longer then conventional grease.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Update, noise came back has been back since 3 days after my last attempt (taking apart and cleaning front). The noise seems to be way less intense though, so it is an improvement. I'm wondering if I need to grease this area? It seems like its the CB005, I touched nothing else and the noise was gone.. Let me know if anyone can help at this point, might need to reach out to BMR tech.

@Dominant1 I do not have Steeda vertical links

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I think your problem is that the contact points on your bmr pieces, the paint is gone and it has metal on metal contact. i wouldn’t try to fix it with grease, because the grease will eventually under use will eject out and you’ll have metal on metal issue again. Besides the BMR needs to be locked on to the chassis and the grease will defeat the friction. My suggestion would be to re paint the contact parts of the BMR properly let the paint dry completely and then assemble it on the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I think your problem is that the contact points on your bmr pieces, the paint is gone and it has metal on metal contact. i wouldn’t try to fix it with grease, because the grease will eventually under use will eject out and you’ll have metal on metal issue again. Besides the BMR needs to be locked on to the chassis and the grease will defeat the friction. My suggestion would be to re paint the contact parts of the BMR properly let the paint dry completely and then assemble it on the car.
That makes sense! I saw nothing in the directions for grease, so wasn't going to try without approval from BMR. I am doing my complete suspension overhaul and will take care of this at the same time. Will take pictures when its apart if the paint is missing. From what I remember, the black pieces may have been missing some.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
@DeepImpactCoyote15 Hey sorry to bring this back from the dead but I was curious if you had fixed this issue with the CB005 creak. Did you end up having to repaint any of the surfaces or just clean it more thoroughly?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
@DeepImpactCoyote15 Hey sorry to bring this back from the dead but I was curious if you had fixed this issue with the CB005 creak. Did you end up having to repaint any of the surfaces or just clean it more thoroughly?
He hasn't been around since April. But I have the exact same noise also, but not as bad. I've isolated it to the passenger CB005 brace area. I'm thinking to remove it and put the factory one back on. If the noise disappears, these BMR braces are going to the recyclers. I've had nothing but issues with these things. I will update once I know more later this week when I have time to get at it.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ah dang. Thanks @StangTime.

Keep me posted. I may end up doing the same because I've replaced and/or re-greased nearly part beside this piece, took off all my interior panels and lined them with jute... but this persistent squeak/creak always comes back some how only in the rear passenger side.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I would add to the above about painting the surface - you could get a square of flat rubber (like bicycle tubes or bicycle tube repair kit) and make proper cutouts and place it in between any surface areas where there is metal to metal contact…. That would quell the issue.

I think aside from any missing paint on the parts, the issue could be caused by an uneven surface, even though to the eye it looks like everything is flat & even. The slightest difference in the surfaces can create the smallest of gaps, allowing the squeaking/creaking to occur.
Sponsored