OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Didn't we already go through that there was no limp mode , just the warning?
Yep, that was my fault probably due to my post a couple pages back.
Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I guess I don't see the point of dumbing it down. If you want to avoid the warning, unhook or remove it. If you still want it to provide actual information, spacing it back or insulating will defeat the purpose; you'd have to have it in its original configuration.

Matt P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Did my first track event yesterday in my 2016 GT MT PP at NOLA MSP SCCA TNA event. The car is stock, accept for the camber mod on the factory front struts and I had some Redline 75w90 that I had on hand from a previous project in the diff.

Holy hell was this so much more fun that autocross!

Ambient temps were low 90s. I got the warning light in my second session about 15 minutes in. Bummer. But as it turned out I had run my fastest time just then. I was in Advance Track Sports Mode, I just didnt trust myself as a first timer to turn it all off yet.

Plan is to wrap the exhaust and use 75w140.

But it also dawned on me that I could use a high power blower fan to cool the diff between sessions! My track has power outlets with in extension cord range. Or if you have a generator or even a spare car battery and inverter you could do it. Or even let the car idle and cool down and plug the fan into the car via an inverter. Thoughts?

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
Matt
Cooling fan blowing under the car after sessions is a great idea. Also remove trunk junk and open the hood and trunk after each session. The more heat soak you can pull out of the engine, driveline and brakes between sessions the better. Don't blow cooling air directly over the rotors immediately after a session though, you can crack a rotor, wait 15 minutes or so for the brakes.
Steve

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Hey guys, just an FYI - I have a guy working on a larger capacity diff cover with cooling features (fins, better shaped).

I hope to be testing it within a few weeks....and can keep you guys up to date in this thread if you would like.

My '16 GTPP has this temp sensor. My goal is to reduce the diff fluid temps enough to feel confident with them, as well as prevent the overtemp condition.

Just figured I would share. In speaking to my guy, he is thinking the cost of the diff cover will be very reasonable.

Sponsored

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
This is good news. Hopeful it works.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
This is good news. Hopeful it works.
Aren't we all. :cheers:

If he uses an OEM Cover, and custom fabs it...that will be the most cost effective route to take.

A custom Billet, or extensive cast low volume design is surely to be very costly.

As soon as I get something in my possession, I will share pics. :thumbsup:

Wally-Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally-Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP 50AP
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION],

Kelly, I'm very interested with your continued progress on this product.

Please keep us all up to date.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I absolutely will.

Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Aren't we all. :cheers:

If he uses an OEM Cover, and custom fabs it...that will be the most cost effective route to take.

A custom Billet, or extensive cast low volume design is surely to be very costly.

As soon as I get something in my possession, I will share pics. :thumbsup:
I'm likely in, I would like to devise a passive system to cooling the diff vs. having to do coolers, pumps, and lots of pluming. I have access to CNC equipment, a very good machinist, aluminum welder, and fabricator if your guy stalls, please get in touch with me and we can pick up the project and get it done. I will wait to see where you guys end up before I move forward.

Has anyone done a front case swap to an all aluminum diff for track use. I am wondering if the aluminum front case would help to reduce temps vs the cast iron piece we have now?

Dave

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
If you need a local guy to put it to a real test at Sebring, I know a guy.....

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I'm likely in, I would like to devise a passive system to cooling the diff vs. having to do coolers, pumps, and lots of pluming. I have access to CNC equipment, a very good machinist, aluminum welder, and fabricator if your guy stalls, please get in touch with me and we can pick up the project and get it done. I will wait to see where you guys end up before I move forward.

Has anyone done a front case swap to an all aluminum diff for track use. I am wondering if the aluminum front case would help to reduce temps vs the cast iron piece we have now?

Dave
I have an Auto case that I plan on swapping depending on what happens with the 2018s. However that is mostly for weight, and the natual cooling properties of aluminum.

Won't get to the track till spring either.

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
i was watching motorweek test the focus rs the other day, they commented on getting rear diff overheat.

lastelement21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
While I did get the overheat warning at Thunderhill back in March (wasn't hot out), I did not get the warning at all at Laguna Seca on Monday (was pretty cool out).

Was running Sport+ all day at Laguna. I did a mix of things at Thunderhill, but I'm pretty sure I got the warning in Sport+ there.
Sponsored