Sponsored

2018 GT PP2 Rear Differential Overheating Issue

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I’ve been wrestling with this issue for my 2019 PP 2. MMR has a kit for 700 and no Diff plate. You have to use the two hole diff cover on your car or you can pay 900 and get the 3 hole diff cover dropping the ass end out is a lot of work and beyond my skills. I have not gotten a quote from the local shop to drop my rear diff and replace the cover, I’m guessing it’s six or 700 bucks. The Kenny Brown kit for $1300 is really nice but still the 2 hole cover.
Fluix GMBH was selling the Finned gift cover for around $600 I think. With the Fluix cover and some heat wrap around the exhaust pipes, I would be surprised if there would be a heat problem anywhere but the hottest environment like Texas for HPDE participants. I was thinking about finding out what the minimum order would be, someone suggested it would be 50 units. I’ll see what he’ll sell me 50 for. I’d only purchase the three hole cover with fins from Fluix as that’s the only way I would want one. If I need to end up putting on a cooling system, I don’t want to have to mess around with the two whole cover The headache is, once you receive them You have to store them find boxes and packaging to ship them, it would be hard to make 50 bucks per cover. But I do think I could find 49 other guys interested just depends how much it cost to get them in my garage.
Sponsored

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
before investing 30k in this bulk purchase there needs to be some evidence the thing actually works

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I'm not knocking that beautiful diff cover. It certainly will help.

But I don't think it can cool as effectively as pumping the hot fluid out of the hot case and into a dedicated air/oil cooler mounted remotely and surrounded by turbulent air.

My DIY setup cost more than the MMR kit. I'm only using the standard two ports. I think the turnkey MMR kit is a known good solution at a fair price. Unless you enjoy going DIY like me.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Pulling from the drain hole and feeding to the fill hole is fine. I’ve run both ways and not worth the effort to drop. Just cobble a kit together run the wires to a switch and be done.
Sponsored