Sponsored

Service Advancetrac Warning

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Has anybody been having issues with Advancetrac? Three weekends in a row, both my co-driver and I have had "Service Advancetrac" warnings come on mid-run, and start interfering with throttle and braking. First time, it was in the cool (40ish) and wet, on asphalt, on the stock Pirellis. Next weekend, it was in the cool (50ish) and dry, on concrete, on Hoosier A6s. Last weekend, it was in the warm (70ish) and dry, on asphalt, on Hoosier A6s. In all cases, Advancetrac was off to start the run (held the button for 5-7 seconds and waited for Advancetrac Off message to show). The only common factor I observed was some wheelspin pre-apex, countersteering as the rear end was controllably coming around - although it happened a bunch of times in normal steady-state elements (usually mid-corner in sweepers).

... and before anybody says it, yes, I know that's not necessarily the ideal way around a corner! But when faced with low traction due to conditions (cold/wet), and shitty tires (stockers/dead hoosiers), it was the happy and "fun" path! I'm hoping things change with proper shocks, springs and wheels/tires - but what concerns me more is that I never had the same thing happen on my '13 GT, shitty tires/shocks/springs or not..

I know the S197 had an ABS Module available from the FR500S that disabled Advancetrac completely; I'm wondering if something like this is in the works for the S550? I can't be the only one having this issue... :ninja:
Sponsored

AndreG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Yup, had it come on today for me 3 times during autocross. Stock everything, 300 miles on the clock

snowman4us

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT PP
Not to try to put you down, but double check to make sure that it was actually Advancetrac being turned off and not just traction control.
My GT PP is just a base model and not a Premium, but for me to turn off all ESP and TC interference I have to hold the TC button down for a good 10+ Seconds with the foot on the brake.
As soon as I turned it off, it was very obvious as the following run I had a very exciting slide with no interference from electronics.

Hope its just something simple as you not holding the brake down.
Sponsored