FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hah, I understand, man. I am just ragging on the HD guys. But as a lifetime "car guy," I think Harleys (and V-twins in general) sound like complete a**. They always sound like something is wrong with them, and their power output is unimpressive for the size... but I know it's more of a "culture" than anything else, and people would argue that a twin-turbo 6 could out-perform our Mustang V8s, too *shrug* But yeah, I have neighbors who are always out revving that thing and it always sounds broken :p
No doubt, I enjoy my sportster. I get 50-60mpg cruising w my gf. May sound broken but works great for scooting around. The pipes I have aren’t allowed anymore, due to noise and emissions. Screaming eagle 2’s

they was sold at dealerships even tho didn’t meet emissions what I read, got fined hard and removed them.

Potato potato potato lol
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hah, I understand, man. I am just ragging on the HD guys. But as a lifetime "car guy," I think Harleys (and V-twins in general) sound like complete a**. They always sound like something is wrong with them, and their power output is unimpressive for the size... but I know it's more of a "culture" than anything else, and people would argue that a twin-turbo 6 could out-perform our Mustang V8s, too *shrug* But yeah, I have neighbors who are always out revving that thing and it always sounds broken :p

Great user name ZERO .....

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
lol my Harley sits in driveway for like 10 minutes idling before I take off. carb' if I dont it stutters, I mean I could use the choke, but I rather just start it, turn choke off and let it idle til im ready and roll out so its mostly warmed up.

potato potato potato potato potato- but the Harley gets like 500 miles a year and its only during summer mid days, never early or late
My neighbors are like...what's he doing next... :giggle:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've always felt the same way about the sound of Harleys.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I was going to argue that the best sounding engine I ever heard was a v-twin. Ducati 996 with termi’ exhaust with the mechanical Desmodromic valvetrain and dry clutch was such a mechanical symphony.

But all the videos I could find sound like they are self-destructing….

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I was going to argue that the best sounding engine I ever heard was a v-twin. Ducati 996 with termi’ exhaust with the mechanical Desmodromic valvetrain and dry clutch was such a mechanical symphony.

But all the videos I could find sound like they are self-destructing….

Hard to beat the italians when it comes to engine noise. The F133 V12 is another glorious engine to hear in person. And the Busso V6. And dozens of others. Lol

ShadowMustang161

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Bullitt Mustang
Just a comment from Australia "down-under". I have a 2019 Bullitt with AE and a Steeda H Pipe Res Delete. On a cold start, it barks and cracks, so much so that when first heard by the neighbours, they thought that their House Air Conditioner had exploded and went to check. I will try the noodles for early cold starts. Thanks for the tip.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What if I want my cold start to be louder? :p Hehe. I love the ridiculous bark the car has on a cold start. This is with only a Steeda H-pipe on an otherwise completely stock car with 200 miles on it.

I took this video a few days ago.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hard to beat the italians when it comes to engine noise. The F133 V12 is another glorious engine to hear in person. And the Busso V6. And dozens of others. Lol
For me, the motorcycle sound I love is a DOHC inline 4. My dream bike (before I was prohibited from buying one) was a Kawasaki ZX14r. It's just a difference in ear, I guess, just never liked how V-twins sounded. I think they exist mostly for nostalgia rather than function.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
interesting, i did not know that. i recall reading something about being able to set active exhaust to start in quiet mode at certain times or day, or something like that, to allow you to start the vehicle quietly if it's early, late, or whenever you dont want it loud. i never read into it as much as you explained, however. i can understand the purpose of warming the cats up quickly via adding timing and fuel, but i am unsure how leaving the active exhaust valves open during this process helps.

Thanks for the clarification though and explaining that :rockon:

but yea, bottom line, if the car is still louder than desired even with active exhaust/quiet mode, the noodles will still work. i paid a whopping 8 bucks for 2 of them haha.
I can on my 350...but you do it by holding the clutch in a couple seconds before start up and it closes all the baffles

Sponsored
OP
OP
331GT

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
What if I want my cold start to be louder? :p Hehe. I love the ridiculous bark the car has on a cold start. This is with only a Steeda H-pipe on an otherwise completely stock car with 200 miles on it.

I took this video a few days ago.

your car sounds great! i like it.

dont get me wrong, i love the loud bark on the cold starts, i scared the hell out of a work buddy who was walking behind my car and i used the remote to start it after it had been sitting 9 hours. but there's a time and a place, and 4 am every day aint it, ha!!

i helped a buddy put long tubes on his 21gt, already had an X pipe and factory active exhaust. christ that thing sounded wicked when we first fired it up.

OP
OP
331GT

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Just a comment from Australia "down-under". I have a 2019 Bullitt with AE and a Steeda H Pipe Res Delete. On a cold start, it barks and cracks, so much so that when first heard by the neighbours, they thought that their House Air Conditioner had exploded and went to check. I will try the noodles for early cold starts. Thanks for the tip.
:cwl::cwl: good luck, hope you have some luck with it.

Blu_stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1, 2018 F150 FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Great write up! I'm sure many neighbors (and wives) will be pleased with the sound reduction from those of us who make a point to do this during early morning cold starts.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
A little late to this thread... My PP1 is not a daily driver... I have Kooks 1 7/8 headers, 3" from the collector all the way through to a Borla ATAK cat back. And mine is A/E... I start mine in quiet mode before 9am with the garage door closed for the first 45 seconds. I leave the neighborhood in quiet mode (again before 9am). That's about the only curtesy I give my neighbors. As far as my HD VTwin... I let it rip (zombie mufflers with V&H headers) regardless of the time. My neighbors don't say a word... but they need me more than I need them... I fix everyones cars, remove snow for most of them... basically the first person they call when they have car, bike or home issue.

OP
OP
331GT

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
A little late to this thread... My PP1 is not a daily driver... I have Kooks 1 7/8 headers, 3" from the collector all the way through to a Borla ATAK cat back. And mine is A/E... I start mine in quiet mode before 9am with the garage door closed for the first 45 seconds. I leave the neighborhood in quiet mode (again before 9am). That's about the only curtesy I give my neighbors. As far as my HD VTwin... I let it rip (zombie mufflers with V&H headers) regardless of the time. My neighbors don't say a word... but they need me more than I need them... I fix everyones cars, remove snow for most of them... basically the first person they call when they have car, bike or home issue.
that's good! mine have been pretty cool about it overall.

how is yours with headers and AE, quieter than the HD im sure, but what about the mustang if you cold start it in sport or track, rather than quiet mode? i assume catless LTs??
Sponsored