Quicker vs. faster

mbing25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Suggestions on what I can change to male my 2019 GT accelerate quicker?
Existing mods:
Carbon fiber drive shaft
Roush Super Charger
Lighter wheels
Carbon fiber hood

Aside from putting it on a strict diet (I like the comfy leather seats and need a passenger seat) what are some suggestions? I thought about replacing the flywheel and clutch plate but I do not want to increase NVH.
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
What's your tire situation? Are you hooking up with that Roush supercharger? If not, a sticky set of rear tires would help get to 60 mph a lot faster. Large diameter tires hook up better than a shorter diameter tire, assuming equal width (longer contact patch front to back). If you're hooking up, E85 can get good additional power over 93 octane gasoline on a supercharged Coyote. You could also change the pulley diameter to get more boost.

Other free ideas:
Remove back seats (you said you want to be able to carry "a" passenger)
Only fill up to 1/2 tank of gas unless you need the distance (full tank of gas is 100 lbs)
Empty your windshield wiper fluid reservoir (approx. 1 gallon capacity ~8lbs), or keep it less than 1/2 full
If you're overweight, lose weight

Other ideas that aren't free:
Lightweight front/rear brake rotors (Baer eradispeed+)
Borla S type catback exhaust sounds great, and is 23 lbs lighter than the 2018+ factory catback (if you still have the stock exhaust).
Lightweight front bumper bar (saves a few lbs but relatively insignificant)
If you're only concerned about acceleration, don't use big/wide front wheels and tires. Check tire weights from the manufacturer, not all weigh the same for a given size. Narrower tire = less contact patch (like a pseudo skinny) = less rolling friction and less air resistance. 305s on the front aren't necessary unless you're tracking it. The factory 255s do just fine for me on windy roads.
Lightweight water pump pulley (saves less than 1 lb, but due to rotational inertia it is like removing 3 lbs static weight from the car - negligible I know)

Check out my obscure mod list, there may be other minor things when all combined together, make a difference:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/less-common-or-obscure-bolt-ons.142025/

Rollin'

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
17 gt pp
Rear gear ratios will make a difference. I like the 3.73 in my car but I don’t know how well your boosted car would hook up. Cheers
Sponsored