WHICH IS QUICKER: 2021 MACH 1 A10 VS 2021 GT A10

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
20 more hp and a higher redline due to the 350 minifold and throttle body should do the trick.

IMO, a few hundred pounds more un-does that trick. The power won't make much difference with 10 gears.

It would be a very interesting race.
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Is there any real difference, besides a badge and aesthetics, between a GT PP1 and a Mach 1?

Can someone tell me what they are?

I will list my thoughts on the PP1 vs base Mach 1 differences that I believe they are in terms of functionality.

As a for example, the manual PP2, because of its better wider tires and tuning, was able to beat a PP1 A10 at the track (not drag strip) with a good driver. The 0-60 was PP1 3.8, PP2 4.1 so the PP2 beat the PP1 at the track because of handling improvements, grippier wider tires and stopping power (due to tires). This is what made the PP2 faster, not raw straight line acceleration in the link I posted. The difference at GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, Mich. was that the PP2 was 4.5 seconds faster on a 2.14 mile track even though it was .3 seconds slower in 0-60 than the PP1 and this was a 6 speed manual beating the A10.

I offer this because if the car is just a badged PP1 in terms of performance, the Mach 1 will not be much if any different in performance other than it will be able to handle the heat with the added cooling the Mach 1 offers over the PP1. With the heavier weight and slight bump in HP, I think straight line speed will be a wash. Now, if you plan on tracking / autocrossing the car, the Mach 1 will handle the heat caused by multiple runs better than a PP1 will. I think the Mach 1 is better suited to longer term harder driving and the increase in weight is the result. They used the Bullitt engine to add some ponies to offset the weight to bring it about back to the same 0-60 if not identical.

I think that is the real difference you will see between a PP1 and a Mach 1. The real difference lies in how much hard driving do you want to be capable of doing. The PP1 is a grand tourer with performance on the street but is limited in duration at the track. I feel the non -HP Mach 1 will have the same performance but give you more track time without overheating certain components due to the additional cooling.

Of course, I would not be surprised if the Mach -1 HP A10 is the real winner with faster speed (slightly - due to the smaller diameter tires resulting in a slight change of final drive ratio from a 3.73 -> 3.94 but very slight), grippier wider tires and all that cooling. I think of the Mach 1 HP as the endurance PP2 which is able to track for a longer time. With the extra weight of the HP, the final drive change due to tire diameter might not do much. But then again, the PP2 is faster by 0.2 sec than a PP1 6Sp (4.1 vs 4.3 if I recall). The same might occur with the Mach 1HP.

At least this is my understanding.

At the Nurburgring, the Mustang GT posted a time of 8:07 while the Mach 1 was 7:58 but this was a 6Sp.

Looking at Car and Driver Laguna Seca times, the Mach 1 HP ran a 2:51.4 while the PP2 ran a 2:53.8

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a38966053/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-lightning-lap/#:~:text=Lap Time: 2:51.4

https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...-gt-performance-package-2-lightning-lap-2018/

I believe it to be a Mach 1 HP b/c they have the wider tires listed.

I expect similar differences, at the track, to be seen between a base Mach 1 (non HP) and a PP1.
I know this last comparison is with a Mach 1 HP and a PP2 but I have yet to find track times for a base Mach 1 and a PP1 for comparison. Maybe someone else will.

IMHO
Canā€™t be Laguna Seca lap times
You could have faster lap times there with a truck towing a trailer šŸ˜‚

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
oops, you are right. It was the Virginia International Raceway.

I corrected it.

Last edited:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think there is another question to be asked of the OP.

Are you good enough to obtain a 2 -4 second improvement over a 2.5 - 3 min race?

If no, then the difference will be absorbed by your driving skill deviations and all you will have is the lighter pockets and bragging rights of the Mach 1 purchase. Who knows, if you do attain or have the skills to eek out reliably a 2 second improvement over 3 mins then the Mustang might no longer fit your needs and you might look elsewhere.

Of course, you might just prefer one's driving characteristics or look over the other and that is fine too but that is not what this threads seems to be about.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any real difference, besides a badge and aesthetics, between a GT PP1 and a Mach 1?

Can someone tell me what they are?

I will list my thoughts on the PP1 vs base Mach 1 differences that I believe they are in terms of functionality.

As a for example, the manual PP2, because of its better wider tires and tuning, was able to beat a PP1 A10 at the track (not drag strip) with a good driver. The 0-60 was PP1 3.8, PP2 4.1 so the PP2 beat the PP1 at the track because of handling improvements, grippier wider tires and stopping power (due to tires). This is what made the PP2 faster, not raw straight line acceleration in the link I posted. The difference at GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, Mich. was that the PP2 was 4.5 seconds faster on a 2.14 mile track even though it was .3 seconds slower in 0-60 than the PP1 and this was a 6 speed manual beating the A10.

I offer this because if the car is just a badged PP1 in terms of performance, the Mach 1 will not be much if any different in performance other than it will be able to handle the heat with the added cooling the Mach 1 offers over the PP1. With the heavier weight and slight bump in HP, I think straight line speed will be a wash. Now, if you plan on tracking / autocrossing the car, the Mach 1 will handle the heat caused by multiple runs better than a PP1 will. I think the Mach 1 is better suited to longer term harder driving and the increase in weight is the result. They used the Bullitt engine to add some ponies to offset the weight to bring it about back to the same 0-60 if not identical.

I think that is the real difference you will see between a PP1 and a Mach 1. The real difference lies in how much hard driving do you want to be capable of doing. The PP1 is a grand tourer with performance on the street but is limited in duration at the track. I feel the non -HP Mach 1 will have the same performance but give you more track time without overheating certain components due to the additional cooling.

Of course, I would not be surprised if the Mach -1 HP A10 is the real winner with faster speed (slightly - due to the smaller diameter tires resulting in a slight change of final drive ratio from a 3.73 -> 3.94 but very slight), grippier wider tires and all that cooling. I think of the Mach 1 HP as the endurance PP2 which is able to track for a longer time. With the extra weight of the HP, the final drive change due to tire diameter might not do much. But then again, the PP2 is faster by 0.2 sec than a PP1 6Sp (4.1 vs 4.3 if I recall). The same might occur with the Mach 1HP.

At least this is my understanding.

At the Nurburgring, the Mustang GT posted a time of 8:07 while the Mach 1 was 7:58 but this was a 6Sp.

Looking at Car and Driver Laguna Seca times, the Mach 1 HP ran a 2:51.4 while the PP2 ran a 2:53.8

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a38966053/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-lightning-lap/#:~:text=Lap Time: 2:51.4

https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...-gt-performance-package-2-lightning-lap-2018/

I believe it to be a Mach 1 HP b/c they have the wider tires listed.

I expect similar differences, at the track, to be seen between a base Mach 1 (non HP) and a PP1.
I know this last comparison is with a Mach 1 HP and a PP2 but I have yet to find track times for a base Mach 1 and a PP1 for comparison. Maybe someone else will.

IMHO
Difference between Pp1 and Mach 1?
Thereā€™s lotsā€¦.
Suspension
Chassis upgrades from Shelby 350&500
Cooling
Intake and tune
Exhaust
Seat stitching
Mach one limited production
Mach 1 looks
Transmissions

thereā€™s probably more Iā€™m missing and this is for then non-hp

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Ford completely wasted their time. The GT is faster. Mach 1 is a parts bin car. The engineers donā€™t know what the hell theyā€™re doing.
I saved you a ton. Enjoy your car. :cwl:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
To those that already chimed in, thank you. The Mach 1 is not a drag racing car. You're better off getting an A10 GT and modding everything else from there for that.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I fully understand your point of view, so well explained,
I am not looking for drag speed, simply I'd like to be sure the Mach 1 auto non HP will not be slower than the regular GT auto PP1
Thank you
To those that already chimed in, thank you. The Mach 1 is not a drag racing car. You're better off getting an A10 GT and modding everything else from there for that.
From the above quote, I do not think the OP is interested in drag strip performance.

I think the OP just wants to be quick enough at the stop light racing or round town fun.

OP, If you are neither drag racing nor tracking the car, you will not be able to tell the difference of a couple tenths of a second.

I think we clearly indicated that the GT PP1 is more suitable for the drag strip (or at least a foundation for it) and the MACH 1 is a good start for a track car.

They have different purposes in their specialization. At the stop light, you will not notice it. My point above about mentioning the PP2 was to point out that even though it is 0.3 sec slower 0-60, in the right conditions it can beat the PP1. And the reverse it true too. I am sure the same can be said about the Mach 1 vs PP1 that each can beat the other depending on the kind of race. One is not always better or faster than the other.

Last edited:
OP
OP

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 21 MACH 1
From the above quote, I do not think the OP is interested in drag strip performance.

I think the OP just wants to be quick enough at the stop light racing or round town fun.

OP, If you are neither drag racing nor tracking the car, you will not be able to tell the difference of a couple tenths of a second.

I think we clearly indicated that the GT PP1 is more suitable for the drag strip (or at least a foundation for it) and the MACH 1 is a good start for a track car.

They have different purposes in their specialization. At the stop light, you will not notice it. My point above about mentioning the PP2 was to point out that even though it is 0.3 sec slower 0-60, in the right conditions it can beat the PP1. And the reverse it true too. I am sure the same can be said about the Mach 1 vs PP1 that each can beat the other depending on the kind of race. One is not always better or faster than the other.
YES...
I WILL NOT DO ANY DRAG RACING AT ALL, NEITHER I WILL CHECK LAP TIMES OF ANY SORT.
MY USAGE IS SOME OCCASIONAL SPIRITED DRIVING IN THE STREET AND IN THE SIERRAS or ROUND TOWN FUN

THIS IS WHAT OCCURS:
HERE IN BRAZIL, FROM 2021 ON FORD IS O-N-L-Y SELLING THE MACH 1 NON HP A10.
NO MORE GT"s.
WHETHER I PURCHASE A BRAND NEW 2021 MACH 1 A10 OR A USED GT A10 LOW MILEAGE.
I DO FIND THE MACH 1 VERY BEAUTIFUL.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME IS:
I'D LIKE TO BE SURE THE MACH 1 NON HP A10 IS NOT SLOWER THAN THE GT's A10

seabee133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush RS3 Twister Orange

We took a mach one down the strip last year here at steeda

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I WILL NOT DO ANY DRAG RACING AT ALL, NEITHER I WILL CHECK LAP TIMES OF ANY SORT.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME IS:
I'D LIKE TO BE SURE THE MACH 1 NON HP A10 IS NOT SLOWER THAN THE GT's A10
Silly question.....Then how would you know? And why would you care? Just asking for a friend. :giggle: :like:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Silly question.....Then how would you know? And why would you care? Just asking for a friend. :giggle: :like:
Poor guy can only get a Mach 1. Really. :cwl: Donā€™t pick on him.:cwl:

OP
OP

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
[/QUOTE
I have 3 GT's: 18, 19, 19.
Even though I do not take them to race courses and I do not check lap times,
I can FEEL they perform differently.

As for my 2017 Camaro SS A8.
Even though we all know the GT A10 is quicker than the Camaro and there is a bunch of tests confirming it, ONE FEELS IT while driving each car.
No matter you take them to drag racing

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Buy the better looking car.... Mach 1
And if you are in the mountains you will love the way the Mach 1 is planted in the corners.

OP
OP

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
Buy the better looking car.... Mach 1
And if you are in the mountains you will love the way the Mach 1 is planted in the corners.
[/QUOTE
IT IS INDEED A VERY GOOD LOOKING CAR
AND I AM INCLINED TO GO FOR IT
TKS A LOT
Sponsored