Sponsored

WHICH IS QUICKER: 2021 MACH 1 A10 VS 2021 GT A10

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know this last comparison is with a Mach 1 HP and a PP2 but I have yet to find track times for a base Mach 1 and a PP1 for comparison. Maybe someone else will.
Based on a euro (therefore non HP), but pretty much a level playing field with :
  • Same test team and track.
  • Same tyres and same widths.
  • No Torsen, but equal across all three.
  • All euros - so a little down on power, but with the same engine changes as the USDM (Euro GT = 449ps & Euro Bullitt / Mach = 459ps)
  • Euro GT and Bullitt = Essentially PP1 under the skin.
  • The euro Mach is a USDM non HP under the skin, just without a Torsen as noted above.
  • All cars manuals.
  • All cars 3.55.
Admittedly the tests were on different days, but I think it demonstrates that it’s pretty much even and driver skill would be a much more influencing factor (especially as the Bullitt ‘won’ when technically / on paper it should have been the Mach) :like:

Time around Hockenheim
EEAF0FC2-02C8-4803-B750-C2613098D08E.jpeg
So the Mach was 2:00.6

The Bullitt lapped that course with them in 2:00.1 :

And GT was 2:01.2 :

All manuals, all on same tyres.

Conclusion : Not much to pick between the euro spec V8’s … ?

Just choose your favourite badge and and colour :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 21 MACH 1
Based on a euro (therefore non HP), but pretty much a level playing field with :
  • All euros - so a little down on power, but with the same engine changes as the USDM (Euro GT = 449ps & Euro Bullitt / Mach = 459ps)
  • The euro Mach is a USDM non HP under the skin, just without a Torsen as noted above.
  • All cars manuals.
  • All cars 3.55.
Admittedly the tests were on different days, but I think it demonstrates that it’s pretty much even and driver skill would be a much more influencing factor (especially as the Bullitt ‘won’ when technically / on paper it should have been the Mach) :like:

I AGREE.
THE BULLITT WON THANKS TO THE DRIVER

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
  • All cars manuals.
  • All cars 3.55.

I believe the Mach 1 has a half inch wider wheel than the GT PP1. The tire size is the same, but Mach’s are the only 5.0’s that still get Michelin PS4S.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
300A pretty much takes the cake as the fastest GT made.

So many other arguments to why the other cars are better and I agree. But from light to light the base wins tires being equal.
Wait so my 301A with the 8" screen adds that much weight to the car that makes it lose?

What about those that optioned the 3.55 gears, should make for a better launch then the 3.15s.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
What about those that optioned the 3.55 gears, should make for a better launch then the 3.15s.
It does make it snappier. I have driven both.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the Mach 1 has a half inch wider wheel than the GT PP1. The tire size is the same, but Mach’s are the only 5.0’s that still get Michelin PS4S.
Correct on the wheels, but that’s not quite true when it comes to euro spec tyres though :like:

Euro Bullitts defo got PS4S as did (and still do) Euro spec GT’s (PP1). Here’s a brand new cyber orange on the showroom floor :

1656568797058.jpeg

It makes the comparisons I quoted above a little more ‘apples to apples’ compared to most I see - it ‘should’ help to highlight the benefits of the extra power and chassis tuning (and 0.5" wider wheels lol) compared to the benchmark GT :

Euro GT = benchmark (2:01.2)
Euro Bullitt = Euro GT + power (2:00.1)
Euro Mach = Euro Bullitt + suspension / chassis tuning (2:00.6)

Magneride is standard on the euro Mach, but it was an option on the euro Bullitt and GT. Judging by the times I suspect they all had it, for sure on the Bullitt, unless Magneride also makes bugger all difference to track times ...

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
My A10 Mach 1 non-HP is FAF!
I Put an h-pipe on and an air filter… it’s a beast!
3 extra coolers onboard and a beefier torque converter.
Mach 1 for the win straight or twisty’s!
2 new-er mach 1's at my last track night 2 weeks ago, pocono raceway. Neither of them could catch my base '21 6sp, on 255 all seasons. all depends who's behind the wheel.

OP
OP

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
2 new-er mach 1's at my last track night 2 weeks ago, pocono raceway. Neither of them could catch my base '21 6sp, on 255 all seasons. all depends who's behind the wheel.
iS YOURS EQUIPPED WITH THE GETRAG GEARBOX?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
OP,
Faster how?

Stop light/ drag strip - basically a dead heat and more driver dependent. Might be a tiny sliver going to the PP1 but barely.

Track or twisty roads - Mach 1 all the time. Better planted feel/ride.

No one car is fast at everything.

Think of it like this. a drag car and a formula 1 or Enduro car are all fast but they are fast in their event against like cars. The Formula 1 or Enduro car will not beat a drag car at the drag strip and a drag car has no business on a track. PP1 is more akin to a drag setup with light track use and the Mach 1 is more a track car with some drag tendencies.

You need to pick your poison. The car is just a tool. You can hand the best tools to a guy but that doesn't make him a master mechanic.

Besides,:
1. In a year, the S650 will probably beat both of them anyway.
2. Any who has tuned or modified a car will beat you too.
3. There is always someone faster than you like just about all the Camaros and several Euro and Japanese cars.
4. The driver with the better skill will just about always beat the guy in the faster car who is less skilled. Cars do not win races, skill does.

Sponsored
OP
OP

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
OP,
Faster how?

Stop light/ drag strip - basically a dead heat and more driver dependent. Might be a tiny sliver going to the PP1 but barely.

Think of it like this. a drag car and a formula 1 or Enduro car are all fast but they are fast in their event against like cars. The Formula 1 or Enduro car will not beat a drag car at the drag strip and a drag car has no business on a track. PP1 is more akin to a drag setup with light track use and the Mach 1 is more a track car with some drag tendencies.

You need to pick your poison. The car is just a tool. You can hand the best tools to a guy but that doesn't make him a master mechanic.

Besides,:
3. There is always someone faster than you like just about all the Camaros and several Euro and Japanese cars.
4. The driver with the better skill will just about always beat the guy in the faster car who is less skilled. Cars do not win races, skill does.
THANK YOU

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
OP,
Faster how?

Besides,:
Skill is absolutely the greater factor. A skilled pilot in a F-15 will smoke a mediocre pilot in a F-35.
Sponsored