Sponsored

Question regarding mode selection on a manual.

Geofft21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 M2467
I have now reached 1000 miles and started to play, in Sport+ throttle response is sharp and immediate, but when I flick up to Track the car slows and the throttle seems very unresponsive! Is there a restriction that needs lifting, or is there a problem, it's almost like the car is selecting Mud & Snow, but the dash changes to the track display and the traction control off light is coming on?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Throttle response is reduced in Track mode, as it should be. For track driving, you don't want an overly sensitive and touchy throttle, you want something linear and smooth. Compared to Sport+, that may seem unresponsive but that's on purpose.

OP
OP
Geofft21

Geofft21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 M2467
Throttle response is reduced in Track mode, as it should be. For track driving, you don't want an overly sensitive and touchy throttle, you want something linear and smooth. Compared to Sport+, that may seem unresponsive but that's on purpose.
Ok that's great, thank you! Yes it is far more progressive and all revs are available just with much longer peddle travel. Just felt strange as it's totally different to both my GT and Bullitt.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Interesting.... that is not the way it is for the GT350.
If true, I wonder why?

Reactions: dps

Sponsored

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
What modes do you have on the 350? Same as the Mach 1?
We have Normal, Sport, Track and Weather (in that order) - the first 3 ramp up all the parameters, throttle response, suspension, etc - very noticeable - especially if you toggle back to Normal (which is great) every once in a while. Earlier models had the same modes, but swapped Weather and Track in the toggle order. I learned that lesson on the slalom at TrackAttack!

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
We have Normal, Sport, Track and Weather (in that order) - the first 3 ramp up all the parameters, throttle response, suspension, etc - very noticeable - especially if you toggle back to Normal (which is great) every once in a while. Earlier models had the same modes, but swapped Weather and Track in the toggle order. I learned that lesson on the slalom at TrackAttack!
That’s good to hear. I was hoping that this would be covered at the Mach 1 track experience!

SeventhStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Bought a '21 Mach 1 with 6-spd a few months ago and soon noticed the sluggish throttle response when in "Track" mode. It feels the same as when in "Snow/Wet" mode. Some say this is intentional but I'm not so sure. The Mach 1 manual (pg. 27) says throttle response increases in Track mode. If Ford intended to provide a linear throttle response that would feel sluggish to the driver, I would think they would point that out in the manual to head off any concerns their customers may have. I've had other Mustangs with Track mode and throttle response increased in that mode. Does anybody else out there think this is a defect in the car?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Does anybody else out there think this is a defect in the car?
Nope. I've driven on track both in Sport+ and Track, and it's much smoother and controllable in the latter. For the street, Sport is more fun. But for track driving at 9/10ths, it's alot easier to control and be smooth without upsetting the car's balance or losing traction coming out of a coner in Track mode.

Also not sure how much more throttle response you can get from Sport+...that's already pretty darn responsive.

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
No, weather mode you want to avoid breaking traction, traction control on. In track mode tcs is off so you want to avoid breaking traction but now traction control is off, you do that with pedal control, IMO.

ChemEng44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2021 Mach 1 HP, 2021 F-Pace SVR
Bought a '21 Mach 1 with 6-spd a few months ago and soon noticed the sluggish throttle response when in "Track" mode. It feels the same as when in "Snow/Wet" mode. Some say this is intentional but I'm not so sure. The Mach 1 manual (pg. 27) says throttle response increases in Track mode. If Ford intended to provide a linear throttle response that would feel sluggish to the driver, I would think they would point that out in the manual to head off any concerns their customers may have. I've had other Mustangs with Track mode and throttle response increased in that mode. Does anybody else out there think this is a defect in the car?
Spend some time in 2nd and 3rd gears at 5000rpm and above in Track Mode, it makes much more sense, I had the same experience as efi, Track Mode really is phenomenal on the track, Sport is fun on the street and has that “response” your referring to, but disrupts the car on track and turned in lower lap times for me at least.
Sponsored