Exhaust mode selection not available.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
My modes work just fine (GT350). However, about every 10th start or so, I will get in the dash "Exhaust Mode Normal", or "Exhaust Mode Sport" flashing up about every 30 seconds to 5 minutes apart. I tried chasing it down, but after I climbed under the car, I realized I probably need to do what you are doing to isolate the issue. So now I just let it flash.

I look forward to resolution on yours, as I can start the search there on mine! Good luck!
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Next update: I went to my local ford dealer and asked them to lookup the part number in the picture above. It was explained to me that this is an engineering part number and not the actual part number. Engineering part number KR3V-14B599-DA, likely translates to ford part number KR3Z-14A411-G. Considering ordering one...

Functionality update: After I reinstalled original exhaust with steeda X pipe, the problem persisted, still occasionally throwing "Exhaust mode not available" and refusing to switch out of Normal mode. Last night, on a drive to the supermarket and back, it didn't mess up once (15 min one way). My drive to the local dearlership today went the same. No mess ups. I then sat in the ford parking lot changing modes while it worked as flawlessly as the day I picked it up.

I'm at a complete and total loss as to how to proceed. The problem followed, then fixed itself???? Next nice afternoon I get, I might try going back to the Corsa and see how it goes. ffs. lol.
How good did it sound with the X and corsas?! :)

OP
OP
tjwreds

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
How good did it sound with the X and corsas?! :)
Better than stock but not by a lot. Subjectively 110% of Stock. That seems fair.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
instead of throwing parts at it you need to very closely look at all you wiring harness going to the active exhaust. I'm sure you have a intermittent short which would revert the valves to normal constantly and might eventually blow a fuse. If you have had a blown fuse at all on your exhaust then it is certainly a short in the wiring

Sponsored

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Found this, this weekend after same warning you are seeing. Passenger side.

1643673829259.png

OP
OP
tjwreds

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1

1643673829259.png
Mine weren't exposed, but mashed a bit. They're currently working fine. If you're aren't shorting to anything they likely still work. I saw Bill from CJ Pony parts do an install with wires that looked just like that and it those still worked Check at about 5:52. Mine are for some reason, currently working properly. I don't think they're fixed yet...

SloppyTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 Race Red
So, I did it. I wasn't quite happy with the mach 1 exhaust even after I put a steeda x pipe in. Put the Corsa Extreme active exhaust in.

Are there any fitment issues with the Corsa exhaust fitting on the Mach 1?

OP
OP
tjwreds

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Are there any fitment issues with the Corsa exhaust fitting on the Mach 1?
It fits just fine, just that it seems to be the tips not wanting to work with the actuators for some reason. I still have the original exhaust back on it and it's been functioning just fine since I put it back. I'm really considering just selling the corsa at this point and moving on.

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
OP I hope you ended up finding the fix!

This old forum is still relevant sadly. My problem was adding a midpipe and lost connection 20 miles from the shop. Just for those wandering for a solution like me, attached is the Ford bulletin (Updated May 2023) and a quick fix video by Tony:

Attachments

Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It fits just fine, just that it seems to be the tips not wanting to work with the actuators for some reason. I still have the original exhaust back on it and it's been functioning just fine since I put it back. I'm really considering just selling the corsa at this point and moving on.
My Corsa active exhaust was throwing "Exhaust mode not available" errors on start. The valves were really hard to turn by hand. Corsa then sent me a 2nd set, and they had the same problem within a few days.

Here is how I fixed all 4 mufflers: I used a trim removal tool to very gently bend the top piece (where the spring engages) upwards. The valves can now turn freely with no effort.

OP
OP
tjwreds

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Long overdue update, sorry. I finally got new tips under warranty from Corsa. Also bought a code reader. Code reader pointed to drivers side tip error. Replaced the drivers side tip. No issues, problem solved. Everything is working as it should and sounds SO MUCH BETTER than stock.
Sponsored