Sponsored

Question for 2018+ Steeda Extreme G-trac brace users

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I've seen some people with 2018+ cars say they needed the front spacers, and others say they didn't need them.

Wondering who used them and if not why not?
Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I have this brace and used the supplied spacers. You will have to reach in the hole and pull out the pieces of stamped steel left attached there by Ford. Other than that it bolts right up.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I have this brace and used the supplied spacers. You will have to reach in the hole and pull out the pieces of stamped steel left attached there by Ford. Other than that it boots right up.
Are you talking about the rear ones that go in the member? I'm referring to the front ones.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Are you talking about the rear ones that go in the member? I'm referring to the front ones.
Thinking back, it must have been the rear ones. The front went together with no problems, I used the spacers and nut because my car didn't have the nut welded on at the factory.

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
I've seen some people with 2018+ cars say they needed the front spacers, and others say they didn't need them.

Wondering who used them and if not why not?
I've got an 18 gt pp a10 car I was a little confused what to do with the spacer at first as it's hard to see that the actual brace isn't contacting anything up front without the spacer. It installs seemingly fine without it but it was not right. If there isn't a nut up in that front hole toss on the spacer. The rear was also contacting my trans cooling lines so I just used a large washer to give it some clearance. Thought it was only an eco issue but oh well.

Sponsored

TireSlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I took mine off because no matter what I did to the front 2 points.. It was hitting the trans cooling lines no matter what I did. Complete waste of money

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the BMR bar and the same thing. Returned it and called Steeda and they told me that I may have to move the trans lines. I will just do without til someone fixes the issue with their bars.

TireSlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I bought the BMR bar and the same thing. Returned it and called Steeda and they told me that I may have to move the trans lines. I will just do without til someone fixes the issue with their bars.
I think they told me that not every mustang from the factory has the exact same measurements. the end user will have to make adjustments.. i get that part... a hair off.. etc. The end to end(left to right) k-member points do not allow it. Ive tried spacers... front.. rear. doubled up when i was trying to clear it. So was it not tested for the A10 GT folks.. besides the 2.3 liter variations and say they are not compatible with documentation. I work for a major tech company and troubleshoot things to the small attention to detail of things.. So how did this pass engineering for the GT or at least know that the bar may hit at the same point on the A10 lines of the 2.3 liter engine?

TireSlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
BTW front spacers per doc is for mustangs that did not have the threaded holes up front from factory. Mine was one of them.. I used the spacers provided

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I could not get either BMR or Steeda brace to work with my A10 even with spacers, always made contact with the cooling lines, I could tell that probably someone in the factory probably bent some of the lines a bit lower. Since I looked under another 18+ A10 and the lines were bent a little higher up.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The issue is with the 18+ Ecoboost with the a10 transmission. It sits lower than the coyote with the a10 so it doesn't fit. They came out with a regular brace for the eco with the a10 that does fit but it's a 2pt brace not a 4pt. If you have a coyote you should be good to go

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The issue is with the 18+ Ecoboost with the a10 transmission. It sits lower than the coyote with the a10 so it doesn't fit. They came out with a regular brace for the eco with the a10 that does fit but it's a 2pt brace not a 4pt. If you have a coyote you should be good to go
Well both 2 point braces did not work for me even with spacers for a GT A10

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe BMR and/or Steeda will read this post and come up with a fix or put in a disclaimer on their web site warning people of a possibility of a clearance issue.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe BMR and/or Steeda will read this post and come up with a fix or put in a disclaimer on their web site warning people of a possibility of a clearance issue.
Yeah well I already sent photos and how it did not work and sent both parts back and got fully refunded.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did the same thing with my BMR bar and even showed them a custom 1/2" spacer I had fabricated and it still interfered with the trans lines. That is when they gave me my money back. At least Steeda told me up front that it could be a interference issue with the trans lines when I asked them about it. They didnt get a sell on this product but they did on other items and kept a customer. Whereas BMR didnt and I had to fight if I didnt want to deduct a restocking fee.
Sponsored