Sponsored

Can't Install Steeda S550 Mustang Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace

Saleen03247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Convertible, 2003 Saleen S-281 Coupe
S550 Owners,

Hello. I own a 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible with the PP. I am trying to bolt up the
Steeda S550 Mustang Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace
I checked and there is actually some kind of mount bolted on the passenger side of the K member. Pictures attached. Anybody else seen this? Can it be removed or is there a work around. I already have a Steeda RMA number but I wanted to see if the S550 community knows what this mount does or
could provide a workaround. I found out I still have to pay return shipping vs re stocking fees even if the part does not fit and Steeda does not have a note saying it doesn't fit Ecoboost Convertible.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
KD
S550_drivers_side.JPG
S550_passanger_side.JPG
S550_passanger_side_top.jpg
Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'm not familiar with Ecoboom convertibles but you should be able to get a return authorization number and shipping label from Steeda if the part doesn't fit your car. You'll have to call them though, not just do it through the website. That's odd there's a random brace there. Is that attached to the Rack?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That looks like a trans mount to me. My 2015 GT convertible certainly didn't have it. If Steeda can't figure it out for you, you might want to try BMR. They attach differently.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
S550 Owners,

Hello. I own a 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible with the PP. I am trying to bolt up the
Steeda S550 Mustang Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace
I checked and there is actually some kind of mount bolted on the passenger side of the K member. Pictures attached. Anybody else seen this? Can it be removed or is there a work around. I already have a Steeda RMA number but I wanted to see if the S550 community knows what this mount does or
could provide a workaround. I found out I still have to pay return shipping vs re stocking fees even if the part does not fit and Steeda does not have a note saying it doesn't fit Ecoboost Convertible.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
KD
S550_drivers_side.JPG
S550_passanger_side.JPG
S550_passanger_side_top.jpg

Sorry we missed this thread. You are correct it will not fit your application, but the two point brace will. i will make sure they will not charge you restocking fees and will provide you with a call tag. Please pm your info and i will have our team reach out to you.

Thank you,
Steeda Tech

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-ultralite-2-point-g-trac-brace-555-5533.html

555-5533--1.jpg

OP
OP
Saleen03247

Saleen03247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry we missed this thread. You are correct it will not fit your application, but the two point brace will. i will make sure they will not charge you restocking fees and will provide you with a call tag. Please pm your info and i will have our team reach out to you.

Thank you,
Steeda Tech

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-ultralite-2-point-g-trac-brace-555-5533.html

555-5533--1.jpg
Thanks for the follow up. But I am getting 2 answer. The one you posted but also Jiger at Steeda said I can remove that mount, then bolt up the brace. He said that mount was supposed to be used temporarily, and then removed from the factory. In this case the factory left it still in my EcoBoost. Please verify with Jiger. Also according to the Steeda website, I can't use the 2 point G track brace. It says will not work with convertibles.

Please let me know what you discover.

Thanks
KD.

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
My Steeda 2 point brace works great on my GT Vert, 2015. No problems fitting it on mine.

I recommend it for any vert owner. Note: I am not a professional actor receiving a fee for this endorsement, but I am an amateur musician.

CVCashmere

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
That doesn't look like a temporary mount. That looks like a mount for the steering rack or something.

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
The bracket shown in the picture was utilized by Ford on the 15-16 year model convertible cars. In the 17 model year, they completely got rid of that bracket and no longer use it. Hence, why I mentioned if you do plan to run the extreme g-trac brace you may remove that bracket and install with confidence. If not, you may purchase and install the 2-point g-trac brace with no issues whatsoever. Thank you for reaching out and allowing me to clarify what was said. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me.

OP
OP
Saleen03247

Saleen03247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bracket shown in the picture was utilized by Ford on the 15-16 year model convertible cars. In the 17 model year, they completely got rid of that bracket and no longer use it. Hence, why I mentioned if you do plan to run the extreme g-trac brace you may remove that bracket and install with confidence. If not, you may purchase and install the 2-point g-trac brace with no issues whatsoever. Thank you for reaching out and allowing me to clarify what was said. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me.
Jigar, I have the Extreme G-trac brace installed but we could not install the "Sub Frame Spacers." Again It appears my 2016 Ecoboost Convertible is unique. I have weight on my K-member (on top) with bolts that are blocking me from installing the Spacers. What is different about this is that the Bolts go through the top of the K Member and they have like some type of fastener holding inside the K member.. The installer did not want to unbolt the weights because, we would be having problems reinstalling them in such a tight space, inside the K member (Picture Attached). Does anybody else have these weights on their K-Member?

Please let me know if the Sub Frame Spacers are required for the installation? I am currently driving the car around without the sub frame spacers installed.

Thanks,
Kevin D.
IMG_2907.jpg

Last edited:

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Jigar, I have the Extreme G-trac brace installed but we could not install the "Sub Frame Spacers." Again It appears my 2016 Ecoboost Convertible is unique. I have weight on my K-member (on top) with bolts that are blocking me from installing the Spacers. What is different about this is that the Bolts go through the top of the K Member and they have like some type of fastener holding inside the K member.. The installer did not want to unbolt the weights because, we would be having problems reinstalling them in such a tight space, inside the K member (Picture Attached). Does anybody else have these weights on their K-Member?

Please let me know if the Sub Frame Spacers are required for the installation? I am currently driving the car around without the sub frame spacers installed.

Thanks,
Kevin D.
IMG_2907.jpg
I will show these to our tech and see what he has to say about those weights.
Sponsored