Sponsored

Pros and Cons: Engine Options?

tslim

Ya, I used to be one of the people that considered the 6cyl mustangs as the "girl's model". However, now that we have a v6 that puts out as much hp as the v8's up to a few years ago, I don't see it that way anymore. From my viewpoint, as a non-racing, daily driver, there's not a lot I can't do with the v6. There's nothing I'll need the extra 150hp the v8 gives me.

I'm more than happy to use the extra savings for comfort options.
This.

V6's and even 4 bangers aren't what they used to be. They give older V8's a run for their money.

That said I'll buy a V8 for as long as it's offered. Not just for the power and sound but so long as there's design separation I'll take the meaner looking one. Not a fan of trying to make the base model look like more than it really is IMO.
Sponsored

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Ya, I used to be one of the people that considered the 6cyl mustangs as the "girl's model". However, now that we have a v6 that puts out as much hp as the v8's up to a few years ago, I don't see it that way anymore. From my viewpoint, as a non-racing, daily driver, there's not a lot I can't do with the v6. There's nothing I'll need the extra 150hp the v8 gives me.

I'm more than happy to use the extra savings for comfort options.
bhp without torque + gears= nothing.

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Good open mind attitude about the various models that will be available. The way I look at it is the lower end models (like the turbo 4 cyl) will sell the largest numbers and the profit from that allows us to keep getting high-performance models like the Boss / GT350/500.

Unfortunately, other 'muscle car' communities see lots of hating on V6 models by V8 owners. Can't imagine how bad it'll be between V8 and 4 Cylinder owners. But, M6G has a real mature community so far so hopefully it won't happen much.
I'm willing to bet the tuner market will be huge for the 4 cyl. Whereas the V6 community can sometimes be (maybe wrongfully so) thought of as not as "enthusiast" since forums are usually filled with GT owners, I think that will change soon. We're likely to get a big EB4 aftermarket and I'm sure there will be a very active section here for those owners.

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
I'm willing to bet the tuner market will be huge for the 4 cyl. Whereas the V6 community can sometimes be (maybe wrongfully so) thought of as not as "enthusiast" since forums are usually filled with GT owners, I think that will change soon. We're likely to get a big EB4 aftermarket and I'm sure there will be a very active section here for those owners.
+1

Without a doubt the aftermarket for the EB4 will be massive. I salivate at the idea of an easily tunable engine, and even the prospect of a 350-400ish hp, light mustang

OP
OP
Justin

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Justin, I think this will help in your decision on which engine to get.............add this to the pros list...........

11224826273_a6ce14ce0a_h.jpg

LOL
LOL
Thread closed, I don't need to see any thing else.
JKing, but yeah, I feel like if I can afford a GT when the time comes that's what i'll be getting. Just gonna be conflicted if it comes down to the I4 or V6. Though it almost seems as if the I4 might be in a price range closer to the GT :/ and just try to compete on the marketing of lighter/better fuel economy. Ah well, I don't care as long as I get a '15 :D though it's bothersome to see that some people still hate on people who drive V6's and not GT's(other threads and such). If anything, we all still share the same love for the Mustang regardless of whats under the hood.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I have a GTI and like some things about that engine, but strongly dislike other things. It has great torque for going up hills or pulling in a low gear, but the lad and throttle response is very annoying to me. For an autoX or track car I would not want a turbo, but for a street car the low end might make the tradeoff acceptable. Overall I'd probably still choose the v6 over the 4, and the 8 over both.

-T
Sponsored