16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Mach 1/GT350 has an OEM diff cooler that you can install which makes a massive difference. Engine cooling is another story, it takes a bit more work.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1/GT350 has an OEM diff cooler that you can install which makes a massive difference. Engine cooling is another story, it takes a bit more work.
Thanks. From the article: “Unlike the GT350, the PP2 doesn’t have differential- or transmission-oil coolers to allow for extended track time.”

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
There is a massive track cooling thread in the road course section. I recommend just going to the track and seeing what dies first. My brakes and tires stop working way before my diff gets hot.

Sponsored

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
There is a massive track cooling thread in the road course section. I recommend just going to the track and seeing what dies first. My brakes and tires stop working way before my diff gets hot.
Thank you.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I second the advice to go to the track first, especially if you're not yet a super experienced track driver. When I was novice-to-intermediate level, I was able to take my '15 GT PP to the track on mild days (70-85), and the oil temp would get to the upper part of the green, and I noticed no other issues.

... With some Cup 2s and more experience under my belt, I might have pushed temps further, especially on a warm day. But in an '18+ GT PP2, I imagine cooling would also be improved. The point is, there's too many variables to start throwing away money and time before you know what (if any) problems exist for you.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Diff cooler if needed after a good exhaust wrap. Do the wrap (first photo) and then when and if you need more cooling then buy or build a diff cooler. I put mine in the spare tire well (2nd photo) but many have put them under and behind the diff. (3rd photo) There is a How too in the DIY section of the forum. as far as oil they are several oil to air cooler out there at get the job for most HPDE runs.
20181223_143222.jpg
20210912_125305.jpg
20210310_085849.jpg

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I’ve run mine on the track in 100 degree temps and have never had any overheating issues. I upgraded my trans and diff fluid and triple wrapped the exhaust around the diff, which dropped the diff temp about 10 to 15 degrees.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I’ve run mine on the track in 100 degree temps and have never had any overheating issues. I upgraded my trans and diff fluid and triple wrapped the exhaust around the diff, which dropped the diff temp about 10 to 15 degrees.
That seems like a great answer. Did you DIY the wrap?

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Had overheating diff warning happen to me once at Thunderhill. It gets pretty hot there.

Since then I’ve upgraded all fluids to Red Line Oil products and have been fine ever since. I run her pretty hard too. You’ll find a dramatic reduction in MT-82 issues and while your at it, check out the Water Wetter.

If you run the car a lot I would change every season. Currently I do every other season because I run less now.

The cooling thread previously mentioned has great insight as well

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I've been doing this for 2 seasons and never had serious diff cooling issues. If it gets warm, I put a battery fan under car to blow air on the diff in between sessions, and start every session nice and chill. Finally got myself a set of heat wraps and swapped diff fluid for upcoming season, more as a precaution than a necessity.

Engine is completely different story though 🤪

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I've been doing this for 2 seasons and never had serious diff cooling issues. If it gets warm, I put a battery fan under car to blow air on the diff in between sessions, and start every session nice and chill. Finally got myself a set of heat wraps and swapped diff fluid for upcoming season, more as a precaution than a necessity.

Engine is completely different story though 🤪
Tell me about engine cooling mods…

Last edited: