Sponsored

PP2 compared to c7 corvette

15_gtpp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB gt pp
Has anyone driven both and can compare I have driven a c7 but not a pp2 as no dealerships really have them sitting on the lot.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Not sure they are really comparable. To really know you should be asking if anyone has driven both on a track. I am only guessing, but they probably have entirely different characteristics. A more comparable duo would be a PP2 and Camaro ILE. I think there are some comparos on the web that may help you out.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
For the street, I preferred the the 18 pp1 a10 over 15 c7 lt2 a8. Vette is sold now btw. Not worth almost double the $ imo.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The 'vette is a lot lower and lighter. I would consider driving a PP2 year round (with a tire change), but IMO a Corvette is too impractical to do that with if you get snow where you live.

Your sig. says "USA", so I don't know whether weather is a consideration or not.

IMO the PP2 is a little gimmicky with tires that won't last very long to get faster track times. Do you really want to be replacing tires all the time for street driving when you don't need the capability?

Your post doesn't give much info. If you are looking for a track weapon you'd probably be better off with a C5 Z06, or at least something used. If you are looking for a good daily, IMO neither is the best choice. For a combination of street and track use I think a 2017/2018 GT350 would be a better choice than either of them. Just as quick or slightly faster than the PP2, but with tires that will last 3X longer. Cost probably close depending on options. Better resale. Better brakes, transmission, engine. And more practical than a Corvette IMO.

OP
OP

15_gtpp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB gt pp
Will mostly use it for street use I traded my 15 gt with pp for a grand sport c7 but now need a back seat and am considering a pp2 just wondering how much of a let down in performance it will be.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Will mostly use it for street use I traded my 15 gt with pp for a grand sport c7 but now need a back seat and am considering a pp2 just wondering how much of a let down in performance it will be.
I'm jealous of your C7 GS. Maybe give the kid up for adoption instead so you can get by without the back seat? ;-)

On the street you aren't going to notice much of a difference in performance in my opinion. Of course it depends on how much you flaunt the law.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
If you aren't tracking the car I'm not sure there would be any real noticeable difference on the street. I'm not saying the PP2 is going to keep up with the Vette but the PP2 has plenty of grip to make it an exceptional street car IMHO.

Even with the SC2's taken off the PP2 is VERY stout in "Track" mode. The magneride does an awesome job keeping the car sorted and 460 HP is more than enough to enjoy on the street.

I would say test drive one and see for yourself. I certainly wouldn't describe the PP2 as a gimmick car. It is a very well sorted "parts bin" car from Ford. I wish there was a power difference between it and the other GT's but it honestly isn't needed to have a fun street car.

I also wouldn't get held up over tires. If you want full grip yeah run the SC2's. If not take them off, sell them, and put some PS4S's on and enjoy the car.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If your into old men they will tend to waive at you constantly while in a Vette, no such problem in the Stang.

OP
OP

15_gtpp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB gt pp
Def not into old men waving at me. Found a dealership about 2 hrs away with a pp2. Not many out there at this time.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Def not into old men waving at me. Found a dealership about 2 hrs away with a pp2. Not many out there at this time.
I'm interested to know how you like it. Post up after your test drive.

Sponsored

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I drove two hours for mine. Word of caution, if you don't leave your ID and check book at home you you will likely buy it.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Dude, honestly, I had a c7 GS on order. Wife told me in November we are having a baby, so I needed something with a back seat, in case I have to haul the little one in a pinch. As soon as he's old enough to sit in the front, I'll be getting another vette. I love Mustangs, this is my 3rd one, including a boss 302, but they are no Corvette. Mustangs are sporty cars, the Corvette is a true sports car. That being said you can't go wrong with either. I just think the mustang is too heavy, and lacks the proper cooling to be a great track car. The Corvette, even without the p51 package, will hold up a lot better to track use.

OP
OP

15_gtpp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB gt pp
Driving one tomorrow will probably order since I’m looking for kona blue and there’s none out there. But nervous with the horror stories of it taking 7 months for some to get their pp2.

Mr.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 2019 Velocity Blue PP2
Just took delivery of mine today, waited 6 months. Drove it back to So Cal from Utah. I traded in a '13 Boss 302 to get it. More comfortable to drive.

OP
OP

15_gtpp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB gt pp
Went and drove the pp2 yesterday to be honest felt very sluggish compared to my gs. To be fair my gs has arh headers and mid pipe and intake makes a little over 500hp. My biggest mistake was driving a used gt350 they had m. That thing hauls from 3500 rpm to 8300. No way I’d be satisfied now with anything but the Shelby.
Sponsored