roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I went the opposite direction last week... traded my C7 Z06 for a '19 Bullitt. I loved the Corvette.... but just didn't drive It enough to justify the loan... so for a lower loan and a car that I don't mind driving to work a little more often for now it works well, but I do miss the Z06. I'll get another Corvette in the next couple of years I'm sure, but for now... the Bullitt is great.
But you did not get the "ordinary" Mustang, you got at least an upgrade.
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The 1LT trim by itself doesn't have a any of handling bits. You want the Z51 and add Magneride to actually have a worthy car and get the eLSD. Granted the chassis alone is worth something but GM really cut corners on a supposed "sports car" to option what should be standard equipment. That's why I bought the SS 1LE - it has all the good parts at a fraction of the price.
Did you drive the ZL1, something tells me you didn't. If you would have you would not have bought the SS 1LE.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Did you drive the ZL1, something tells me you didn't. If you would have you would not have bought the SS 1LE.
You're looking at $20K difference if you option a 1SS with the 1LE package, that's not a trivial difference. Plus, the 1SS (I believe) gives you cloth seats which some people prefer (to the ZL1's standard leather, it's basically a 2SS trim).

(I can tell you I did NOT like the Alcantara parts in the ZL1, I had already looked into replacement them when I was still considering one)

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
You're looking at $20K difference if you option a 1SS with the 1LE package, that's not a trivial difference. Plus, the 1SS (I believe) gives you cloth seats which some people prefer (to the ZL1's standard leather, it's basically a 2SS trim).

(I can tell you I did NOT like the Alcantara parts in the ZL1, I had already looked into replacement them when I was still considering one)
I am also not a big fan of Alcantara. I would rather have nicer cloth seats instead of leather. Leather makes me sweat in summer. But the cooled seats makes up for it. But I bought it for the performance. The extra $20k did not phase me. The extra 200hp really pushes you back in the seat.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
But I bought it for the performance. The extra $20k did not phase me. The extra 200hp really pushes you back in the seat.
I'm not going to get into details about what I can/can't afford, but I didn't buy the GT simply because of price.

Honestly, in the 0-50mph, around town, which is where ~98% of driving my car (vs. the family ride) takes place, the GT feels just as quick. Gearing makes a __huge__ difference, the ZL1 A10 has a 2.85 to account for the extra torque and what I would assume is a higher top speed, but my GT with a 3.55 rear + the A10 is nuts - and with the Perf Package, Magride, Active Exhaust and running aftermarket wheels (with a 285/305 tire setup), it easily matched the ZL1 feature for feature.

I was shopping convertibles, so the ZL1 didn't even get the advantage of the eDiff (vs. the PP TORSEN rear end), and I've owned 600-800+ HP cars, so I had some decent perspective on performance and how usable it is for my typical use case.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I went the opposite direction last week... traded my C7 Z06 for a '19 Bullitt. I loved the Corvette.... but just didn't drive It enough to justify the loan... so for a lower loan and a car that I don't mind driving to work a little more often for now it works well, but I do miss the Z06. I'll get another Corvette in the next couple of years I'm sure, but for now... the Bullitt is great.
Welcome! I did something similar. I used to own a C7/Z51 and now have a GT350. For me I just wanted something more daily driver friendly, I found myself looking for reasons not to drive the Corvette (rain, snow, etc).

The GT350 is more comfortable and I have kids so it is fun taking them for rides and using the backseat. Could not do that in the Corvette.

They are both great cars with pros and cons, but the GT350 is more accessible and usable for me. So much so that I have winter tires and don't think twice about driving it in the winter.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Just curious have any of you guys thought of trading your stang for C7 Corvette?
I have been a Mustang owner most of my life and working on my 7th a 2019 GT PP2 just bought on Tuesday.
Just sold a 2017 Z51 2lt after owning for 1 year. Previous was a lightly modded 2015 GT PP that I owned for 3 years.

Loved the Corvette, a true luxury car and very refined but missed the GT , a brute with no manners and a raw sound.

A C7 Z06 might have been the only other car I would’ve considered but this spring when I bolt the Rousch blower on the 2019 I may have to rethink these thoughts. Lol.

Anyway both are great cars but in 2 different classes in my opinion.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You never know. I bought a brand new 2012 GS 'vert and after four years of OCDitis, I'm now a lot more relaxed in the 'stang. C7's are tits though.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
No way Jose. I never liked the slung back look of the Corvette and well to me at least...the "cheesy" look of them and the stereo typically image they've always had. Never could get into Vettes and I've tried.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just sold a 2017 Z51 2lt after owning for 1 year. Previous was a lightly modded 2015 GT PP that I owned for 3 years.

Loved the Corvette, a true luxury car and very refined but missed the GT , a brute with no manners and a raw sound.
Kind of depends on how you option up the GT. My '19 PP A10 convertible has the 401A, Magneride, B&O audio/nav/Sync 3, Active exhaust, heated and cooled seats, heated wheel, remote start with auto climate, I mean, it's roomy, pretty plush, quiet (with the top up), good visibility, headroom, can be quiet, the MR system makes the ride amazing on so-so roads - I think it does a pretty good job in this configuration as a real Grand Tourer :)

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I had both for a while. The 18 gt pp1 a10 with e85 tune made me “get over” the over $ piece of fiberglass (C7 a8) real fast...

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Gearing makes a __huge__ difference, the ZL1 A10 has a 2.85 to account for the extra torque and what I would assume is a higher top speed, but my GT with a 3.55 rear + the A10 is nuts - and with the Perf Package, Magride, Active Exhaust and running aftermarket wheels (with a 285/305 tire setup), it easily matched the ZL1 feature for feature.
I hear that brother!!
My A10 in Sport+ mode with traction control off, 3.73 gears and the shifts are violent. lol ESPECIALLY shifts 1-2-3. Nasty.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Yes. We traded in my wife's GT/CS for a c7 and there is no comparison. C7 is that much better.
20191118_164340.jpg

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would consider it, but I like the back seats of my Mustang. I like the C7 though. Some of the sales now are pretty good.
Sponsored