Turrizm

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Coincidentally they are both a shade of green :)
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Ahh, you must have gone with the Lime Rock Green on the C7. Very sad to see that color go, as that was my favorite.

I do like the replacement orange color, so if I go C7 it will be the DSOM.

Now I'm just waiting a couple weeks to hear about what is hopefully the GT350 reveal on 11/17. Maybe once that is out of the bag I can finally decide which way to go for a new car.

Or maybe not....

-T

OP
OP
Turrizm

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ahh, you must have gone with the Lime Rock Green on the C7. Very sad to see that color go, as that was my favorite.

I do like the replacement orange color, so if I go C7 it will be the DSOM.

Now I'm just waiting a couple weeks to hear about what is hopefully the GT350 reveal on 11/17. Maybe once that is out of the bag I can finally decide which way to go for a new car.

Or maybe not....

-T
One thing I forgot to mention. The C7 has alot of CHEAP sounding creaks and squeeks when hitting bumps etc. The Mustang has none.
I might trade the C7 for an Audi RS5 next year... Not sure.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
And mine are both white. :)

Here's a nasty fast snap of both of them after I got home today. Both are dirty and the pic is terrible... sorry.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing I forgot to mention. The C7 has alot of CHEAP sounding creaks and squeeks when hitting bumps etc. The Mustang has none.
I might trade the C7 for an Audi RS5 next year... Not sure.
Interesting. Mine is solid, and I was expecting it not to be. My C5 and C6 were much, much noisier. My C7 after 8 months and ~8k miles is still so tight that I can't close the hatch unless I really slam it, or have a door or window cracked.

Drive the RS5 first. I almost bought one and am quite glad I didn't. I'd find a good local service dealer that knows C7's to look into your noise issues.

I drove the C7 today and man, it felt so good. The layout of a sports car vs sports coupe/pony car is night and day.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Turrizm

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yea... I was looking at some RS5 videos just now, and with a tune they only do 12.2s... Thats slow for the money...
I think I will take the car to get adjusted. It's way noisy on bumps. I don't think I can find another car that can compete with the C7 in speed/acceleration for the same price.

I'll tell you the truth... I REALLY WANT A 2015 HURACAN... But I have not hit the lotto yet :D

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll tell you the truth... I REALLY WANT A 2015 HURACAN... But I have not hit the lotto yet :D
You and me both, man. You and me both. :)

We have some pretty awesome cars at work, so I get to see a lot of crazy stuff up close and personal. I'm just waiting for the day my wife says we don't need to retire, what we need a Hypercar. :lol:

OP
OP
Turrizm

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You and me both, man. You and me both. :)

We have some pretty awesome cars at work, so I get to see a lot of crazy stuff up close and personal. I'm just waiting for the day my wife says we don't need to retire, what we need a Hypercar. :lol:
How old are you? There's time to make it happen! :D

What do you do for work? I started a little software company back in 1999 and quit my job in 2004 and have been working like a dog ever since, but it's worth it.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How old are you? There's time to make it happen! :D

What do you do for work? I started a little software company back in 1999 and quit my job in 2004 and have been working like a dog ever since, but it's worth it.
I'm 43 & I manage a software team at a pretty large SOC company. Working like a dog in this industry is the standard.. Vacation, weekends.... what's that?? :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Turrizm

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm 43 & I manage a software team at a pretty large SOC company. Working like a dog in this industry is the standard.. Vacation, weekends.... what's that?? :)
Well .... I have had some pretty awesome South American vacations,
But that would be for another forum somewhere hahaha... :lol:

I'm about to sell my house and build a cheaper house so I can keep my car fetish going, but not work as hard to pay a big mortgage/taxes.

We are about the same age (I'm 41 I think... Stopped counting at 28).
Have you taken any pics of both cars together yet?

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well .... I have had some pretty awesome South American vacations,
But that would be for another forum somewhere hahaha... :lol:

I'm about to sell my house and build a cheaper house so I can keep my car fetish going, but not work as hard to pay a big mortgage/taxes.

We are about the same age (I'm 41 I think... Stopped counting at 28).
Have you taken any pics of both cars together yet?
I've only taken the one snapshot I attached above. Was going to get some pics the other day when I was free, but it ended up raining all day. Maybe this weekend.

OP
OP
Turrizm

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ok just now seeing the foto up there! Nice... I have to take some of both of mine together... I like the Guard Green better than LimeRock but everyone says they like the LimeRock green in person and the car gets alot of attention. Especially now that I don't have headers and no cats :D

nutte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertible
Corvette! The only reason for me to pick the Mustang is the rear seat. With two kids, a two-seater doesn't cut it anymore, so now I do go with a Mustang again.

I did have a Corvette when we only had one kid, and that was just perfect. Huge trunk for the stroller, huge doors making it easy to seat the little guy in the car seat, got lots of attention (which can be both good and bad), and of course, fun to drive.

Interesting to read your comments though, on why you actually prefer the Mustang over the Corvette.

And... You can add me to the long list of guys that wants a Huracan, or actually any Lamborghini. Such awesome cars. Love them all! I do want manual though, so my first pick would probably be a Gallardo.
Sponsored