Sponsored

Should I sell my Mustang and get a C7 Corvette ?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My definition of a sports car is a two seat roadster that doesn't weigh close to two tons. Unfortunately, that seems to be a dying breed.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Having owned a vet I say no Mustang a better deal, it not the cars its the owners.

vxer1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6 Spd Manual
Vehicle Showcase
1) The Mustang is a sports car whether people want to admit it or not. Unless you're still living in the 1980s. Sports cars used to be classified as 2 seaters only. That is no longer the case as both Mustangs and Camaros have stomped many legitimate, exotic sports cars.
2) The Mustang is a bit of a challenge to make fast compared to the Vette, but that is also where the reward is at. The S550 is a well engineered car from the ground up and can be made to go insanely fast with the right parts and still be a great daily driver.
3) The Coyote motor was made for the track. Plain and simple. The LS and LT motors are great, but the Coyote is ever greater. Rather than overpowering the wheels on every corner exit the like the Chevy's the Coyote has a perfectly linear power delivery that lets you scream out of corners with a tightened up rear end. I've put spherical bearings on the rear suspension rather than urethane bushings and all I can say is that it more than a match for everything that tries to take turns with me. I haven't even started on the front end yet, but that's coming.
4) Why piss money down the drain on the Vette when you already have a capable car?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have a GT convertible because it has a rear seat for my grand kids. If you need a rear seat, a Mustang is great bang for the buck. If I didn't need a rear seat, I'd be driving a Porsche or Z06 Vette.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I have a GT convertible because it has a rear seat for my grand kids. If you need a rear seat, a Mustang is great bang for the buck. If I didn't need a rear seat, I'd be driving a Porsche or Z06 Vette.
Doesn't 911 have rear seats ? Pretty sure it does. Panamera / Cayenne / Macan too ;-)

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, I love the "it isn't a sports car people".
Well, because it's being overly rigid about a term that's a very broad concept.

Like Wiki:

A sports car is designed to emphasise handling, performance, or thrill of driving.
That isn't a GT, or certainly a GT350 or GT500? Sounds like it.

This is one of their example cars:

220px-Renault_Fuego_Turbo_%28cropped%29.jpg

"But, but, the Mustang GT is really a Grand Tourer, it's right there in the name!"

It is, but what's a GT/Grand Touring automobile ... ?

A grand tourer (GT) is a type of sports car that is designed for high speed and long-distance driving, due to a combination of performance and luxury attributes.
Underlined emphasis mine.

Of course, if you want to go __way__ back the other way to a more purists definition, then we should be talking about manual only, lightweight roadsters, proper "sportscars" don't have a roof :D

Hell, I'd call a Tesla Model 3 Performance a sports car, and it's got 4 seats, 4 doors and doesn't even have an engine :D (well, it's got motors ...)

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
That your car in your avatar?
Yes... I assume your next step is going to be using that as a proof that it is a sports car... In class I used to compete with this car, car that dominated (and still does) was E92 M3, basically a sedan. So good luck :)
You really all have nothing better to do that this thread has 7 pages of completely pointless discussion.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Quite an authority that you quoted, lolol. Call it whatever makes you feel good. If you need to make yourself feel better by driving "sports" car, have at it.
oh boy we got a legend in his own mind person here. His definition of what a sports car is the only correct definition...follow the gt4 Racing series? Mustang’s Camaro's Lambo’s mclaren’sall racing each other. Its called a sports car challenge . I guess based your definition those cars don't belong there huh. The mustang has beaten those Lambo’s and mclarens regularly.. guess thats not good for them Pasta rockets since there getting beat by street cars!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
oh boy we got a legend in his own mind person here. His definition of what a sports car is the only correct definition...follow the gt4 Racing series? Mustang’s Camaro's Lambo’s mclaren’sall racing each other. Its called a sports car challenge . I guess based your definition those cars don't belong there huh. The mustang has beaten those Lambo’s and mclarens regularly.. guess thats not good for them Pasta rockets since there getting beat by street cars!
Yeah, same Mustangs as yours or mine. Next, you should totally bring up the Mustang that runs in Nascar, LOL.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Doesn't 911 have rear seats ? Pretty sure it does. Panamera / Cayenne / Macan too ;-)
In name only. The back seat is handy for packages, not people. I sold my 911 and bought the Mustang because I wanted a back seat.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, same Mustangs as yours or mine. Next, you should totally bring up the Mustang that runs in Nascar, LOL.
you ask for it you got it:
Current Nascar standings by Manufacturer:
Ford Mustang 13 wins
Toyota Camry 6-wins
Chevy Camaro 4 wins

what else you need???

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
you ask for it you got it:
Current Nascar standings by Manufacturer:
Ford Mustang 13 wins
Toyota Camry 6-wins
Chevy Camaro 4 wins

what else you need???
I seriously hope you are joking now. If not, spend about 60 second performing research on what Nascar cars actually are. You probably think that Nascar Camry is slightly modified one off the dealership.
Sponsored