Sponsored

Poll: Where do you get your oil changed?

Where do you get your oil changed?

• Total voters

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem, VB, Pony Pkg, 201A, 13 RR F150 Lariat
Do it myself in the driveway on ramps.
I was 80 in July. Can't remember not changing it myself. Strongly agree with post #2. My 5.0 F150 is a pain getting the filter runoff out. EB Mustang not bad at all.
No more than I drive anymore, it's most often once a year for each one. Motorcraft filter & full synthetic oil.

Aerodaves

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost (kid's)
Have done it on all my and my family's cars myself for all time. Dad taught me how to do it on my 1980 Capri in the backyard when I started driving in 1987 and I never looked back. It's so easy, takes only an hour or two, saves me a ton of money, and it's the only way to know to know for sure it's done right. I had a cousin lose an engine in her Mustang by getting her oil changed at Walmart, when the drain plug wasn't on tight, backed out, and ran the engine dry on her 20 mile drive home. This will never happen to me.

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
diy. the tech's a little sketch tho.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Mine is kind've a mix between doing it myself and having a buddy(tech at the dealer I work at) do it for me. I supply the oil and filter which I typically run royal purple and then use an oem filter.

I will say that anyone who is leery about a dealer doing it, they will pay for their mistake if they fuck up. The quick lube kids at the dealer I work at have screwed up a couple of times and we always take care of the repair(s) needed if that happens. Have never had a main shop tech screw anything up before

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
In the driveway on ramps. Only paid to have oil changed once in my life because I was out of town working.

Twall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium [FBO]
DYI and save over $100 per change vs. going to a dealership.
ford dealer in Oklahoma charges me $15 labor for the oil change when I bring all my supplies, and it’s just another opportunity for them to look under the car and keep an eye on things that I may miss. Or…. It’s a young lube guy that doesn’t even know what to look for but point is after I created a massive mess all over me and my garage floor I don’t see the “glory” in doing it yourself anymore.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
[...] after I created a massive mess all over me and my garage floor I don’t see the “glory” in doing it yourself anymore.
To each is own but making mistakes is usually (one of) the path to learning. The first time you make it that way, the next time will be better.
Cheers!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0883.jpeg

I like to Bar B Q also

Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
So far, I've either used dealer service or done it myself and both are really poor utilizations of my time.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
So far, I've either used dealer service or done it myself and both are really poor utilizations of my time.
So sell the car, more time for face book and cell phone, a better way to spend your time I am sure.

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
So sell the car, more time for face book and cell phone, a better way to spend your time I am sure.
......or working ......or sitting on my couch watching 70s Kung Fu movies. It's my time.

Sitting around a dealership for half a day takes my professional time away (which is valuable). Changing my own oil takes my leisure time away (which is even more valuable). Some people enjoy it. I totally get that, but to me it's just a menial task like cleaning the toilet.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Sitting around a dealership for half a day takes my professional time away (which is valuable). Changing my own oil takes my leisure time away (which is even more valuable). Some people enjoy it. I totally get that, but to me it's just a menial task like cleaning the toilet.
[Joke]
And here comes the customary welcome to the forum: "so sell the car and get a used Prius!!!".
[/Joke]

Pk64f100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium California Special
What oil and filter are you DIY bros using. My 1st horse, it’s 2019 GT. I have used KN filters in my ‘11 Raptor with Motorcraft syn.
Sponsored