Sponsored

POLL: Satisfaction with Ford Performance Power Pack 2

Are you satisfied with Ford Performance Power Pack 2? MT or AT ?

• Total voters

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
What if I have my ASE buddy install it in my garage?
Sponsored

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The warranty info states that you have to have an invoice, so check with Ford Performance but I'd think if your ASE buddy invoices you for the work it'd be fine.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Keep in mind it reduces the warranty from 5 year 60K to 3 year 36K
That's not what FRPP said multiple times.

Just like any other tune or aftermarket modification, Ford does not instantly void your entire warranty on the spot. Your warranty remains and will cover any defective part that may happen that is not due to the original modification.

Will Ford most likely deny coverage if you blow your engine after the 3/36k warranty? Probably. But Ford will not automatically void your entire warranty after 3/36 expires.

FRPP again states that if installed by a dealership or ASE certified mechanic your warranty will work.

Sponsored

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
That's not what FRPP said multiple times.

Just like any other tune or aftermarket modification, Ford does not instantly void your entire warranty on the spot. Your warranty remains and will cover any defective part that may happen that is not due to the original modification.

Will Ford most likely deny coverage if you blow your engine after the 3/36k warranty? Probably. But Ford will not automatically void your entire warranty after 3/36 expires.

FRPP again states that if installed by a dealership or ASE certified mechanic your warranty will work.
Ford will void any tuned s550 right away and good luck fighting it. I'm thankful I never tuned, they couldn't find the cause of my block blowing up other than it happened in #8. If I were tuned I'd be out a motor

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Ford will void any tuned s550 right away and good luck fighting it. I'm thankful I never tuned, they couldn't find the cause of my block blowing up other than it happened in #8. If I were tuned I'd be out a motor
So if my radio broke or the headlights stopped working, they're going to deny and/or void my warranty because of a tune?

Sponsored

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Warranty is 100% dealer discretion. If you don't like, you can try another dealer but they don't have to do shit if they don't feel comfortable doing it. I have seen warranty denied for petty stuff and seen engines replaced that were obviously tuned.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I'm not sure of the following....
Concerning the Ford Power Pack Tunes...

In stock configuration the S550 POWERTRAIN comes with a 5 year/60,000 mile warranty.

If one has an ASE certified mechanic install a PP1, PP2 or PP3 tune the POWERTRAIN warranty drops to 3 years / 36,000 miles?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I'm not sure of the following....
Concerning the Ford Power Pack Tunes...

In stock configuration the S550 POWERTRAIN comes with a 5 year/60,000 mile warranty.

If one has an ASE certified mechanic install a PP1, PP2 or PP3 tune the POWERTRAIN warranty drops to 3 years / 36,000 miles?
no.
Sponsored