Sponsored

POLL: Satisfaction with Ford Performance Power Pack 2

Are you satisfied with Ford Performance Power Pack 2? MT or AT ?

• Total voters

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Thanks for the response. Other members have noted that the PP2/3 tune essentially "forces" you to no-lift shift above 5k otherwise the car will stumble. Just trying to get some clarification before I pull the trigger on this.
Sponsored

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for the response. Other members have noted that the PP2/3 tune essentially "forces" you to no-lift shift above 5k otherwise the car will stumble. Just trying to get some clarification before I pull the trigger on this.
You're not forced to no-lift shift if you're over 5k unless you leave your foot on the clutch between high RPM shifts.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
You're not forced to no-lift shift if you're over 5k unless you leave your foot on the clutch between high RPM shifts.
Which includes getting on the gas at the top of the clutch engagement point right?

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Which includes getting on the gas at the top of the clutch engagement point right?
It means not completely removing your foot from the clutch when you accelerate between shifts. I accelerate hard running through the gears sometimes, but never have any trouble with no lift because I completely disengage from the clutch so the sensor isn't triggered.

Wanka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt Convertible
Newb question.. Does removing the sound tube for the PP2 increase the sound level inside the car. Mine is stock and not interested in a whole pile of more noise...

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Newb question.. Does removing the sound tube for the PP2 increase the sound level inside the car. Mine is stock and not interested in a whole pile of more noise...
How would removing a pipe that connects the loud intake in to the cabin make it louder?

Wanka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt Convertible
I am asking because I heard that Ford with some vehicles will try to enhance or cancel sound through a means I am not familiar with. I thought that this sound tube may have something to do with a process like that. I do not know, that's why I am asking.

Blacktop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I am asking because I heard that Ford with some vehicles will try to enhance or cancel sound through a means I am not familiar with. I thought that this sound tube may have something to do with a process like that. I do not know, that's why I am asking.
Removing the sound tube makes for less sound in the cabin.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
The tube was used to pump some of the engine sound into the cabin. I didnt notice any difference
personally but I installed an aftermarket exhaust right after I bought the car.

However, After I installed the PP2 I noticed an increase in sound both exterior and interior.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase

The removal of the sound tube will not increase noise but the new tune will change the sound of your car exhuast especially if it has a aftermarket exhaust. Personally I think it makes it sound like the car is pissed off in a good way!:clap2:

Sponsored

LucaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I am so close to pull the trigger, but I have one question... If I install the kit myself am I going to void my warranty?

I don't like the idea of not doing it myself (I don't mind paying the installation cost...it's me wanting to enjoy the installation).

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I am so close to pull the trigger, but I have one question... If I install the kit myself am I going to void my warranty?

I don't like the idea of not doing it myself (I don't mind paying the installation cost...it's me wanting to enjoy the installation).
Take it in and have it done. Keep in mind it reduces the warranty from 5 year 60K to 3 year 36K

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Take it in and have it done. Keep in mind it reduces the warranty from 5 year 60K to 3 year 36K
Having the parts installed by the dealership does not affect the warranty at all. The new vehicle limited warranty remains 3/36k and the powertrain warranty remains 5/60k.

The power pack parts follow the 3/36k new vehicle limited warranty when installed by a dealer or an ASE.
Sponsored