Sponsored

POLL: Satisfaction with Ford Performance Power Pack 2

Are you satisfied with Ford Performance Power Pack 2? MT or AT ?

• Total voters

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Either way, Bullitt or not, it isn't the same as a FP/PP2.

I won't argue this any further, but call FP and ask; This has been covered a multitude of times and people always have rose colored glasses. The blurb above is the generic MM act disclaimer where it must be proved the part caused a failure.

The actual Warranty Language below:

Can't be any clearer; They don't hide this. Like I said, you likely won't have issues, but there is absolutely no guarantee and both Ford and Ford Performance have covered themselves via contract language freely available for everyone to read.
I talked to FP about the warranty before I bought the kit.
Sponsored

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That make sense about the parts. In a nutshell, if the part isn't one of those on page 2 here https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2017v2.pdf then you can throw your factory warranty out the window. So basically, Power Pack 2 = OK for full 5/60, Cobra Jet intake = not a chance.

However, I do see what JefferyDJ is saying about the potential difficulty trying to get powertrain related coverage past 3/36 even though FP says you're good.
Yeah, there's a point to be made on that but it's not really any different than saying a dealer could try to void your warranty because you didn't use Motorcraft oil.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
However, I do see what JefferyDJ is saying about the potential difficulty trying to get powertrain related coverage past 3/36 even though FP says you're good.
FP is saying enough to make you feel good, but go in knowing after 3/36 you may have some hassle.

And, I've had mine on since around 1200 miles on the odo, and have 6K now. No issues, and I don't expect to. I guess the only way to be sure is for someone over 3/36 to have a warranty request :lol:

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
FP is saying enough to make you feel good, but go in knowing after 3/36 you may have some hassle.

And, I've had mine on since around 1200 miles on the odo, and have 6K now. No issues, and I don't expect to. I guess the only way to be sure is for someone over 3/36 to have a warranty request :lol:
Yep. :cheers:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
How are people holding up with their Power pack 2s? I just got it installed about 500 miles ago and very very satisfied with the power, but its been raining like crazy and my paranoid ass is worried about water getting in.

I am trying to figure a way to prevent any water entering the intake...suggestions?
The best suggestion: don't worry about it.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2

I did at 40,500 miles. Valve cover gasket leaked. Replaced without hassle. Installed PP2 myself.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
The best suggestion: don't worry about it.
Agreed. I've driven in pouring down rain, had it parked outside in the rain, and it's never been an issue. Not an issue. Don't worry about it, or get the filter condom if you just can't let the worry go :)

I did at 40,500 miles. Valve cover gasket leaked. Replaced without hassle. Installed PP2 myself.
Awesome to hear. :thumbsup:
Sponsored