Sponsored

POLL: Satisfaction with Ford Performance Power Pack 2

Are you satisfied with Ford Performance Power Pack 2? MT or AT ?

• Total voters

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
For you was this a side effect of the pp2? It took me a while to get the shifting down because it seems to be either I’m banging through the gears or waiting for the car to rev match with no in between and that is stock. I don’t have a pp yet but I’m interested in getting one and it’ll have to be ford since I’m from California
Yes. I never felt the car stumble before installing PP2. To be honest it only has happened once or twice and it's just a very odd sensation when it does happen. I drove the car to work today so perhaps on the way home I'll take the long way so I can bang it through the gears and see if I can get the technique worked out. Other that this one little issue I'm extremely pleased with PP2 and would highly recommend it.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Thinkin on buying this kit for my 17. Still undecided at this point. I do like the aspect of it being very smooth and reliable tune.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So does anyone with the new PP2 update (since June) still have any driveability problems?

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anyone have any before/after pp2 1/4 mile times?

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Best place to buy Ford Performance Pack 2

Looking to purchase soon, want to get the best deal. ;)

Going to try this first because it will maintain my factory warranty and looks like they worked out all the bugs with the new tune. :headbang:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any before/after pp2 1/4 mile times?
With similar weather and 60 ft times I picked up almost 5 mph and dropped over .5 seconds. Now that I have upgraded axles and suspension I can launch it alot harder and I'm now running 11.86 @ 115 mph!:headbang: I think with some cooler weather I could even do a little better!

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
With similar weather and 60 ft times I picked up almost 5 mph and dropped over .5 seconds. Now that I have upgraded axles and suspension I can launch it alot harder and I'm now running 11.86 @ 115 mph!:headbang: I think with some cooler weather I could even do a little better!
Where are you shifting? It seems the midrange is really stout with this tune, have you raced any aftermarket tuned cars? :cheers:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you shifting? It seems the midrange is really stout with this tune, have you raced any aftermarket tuned cars? :cheers:
I'm shifting @ just over 7k. The PP2 tune wakes the car up down low and sets her free up top, I love it @ any rpm! I've raced several tuned cars and the PP2 holds it own. I think most after market tuned cars with similar mods aren't going to see much more than 1 or 2 mph than what I'm running. With that said I've seen plenty of tuned cars that are running slower than me. My 60ft times are gonna make up the difference in most cases. As long as I stay away from a auto with drag radials and I converter I have a chance.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nice! I'm torn between the PP2 & PP3. Kind of leaning towards the higher redline and peak power of the PP3. Do no rev hang or driveability issues?

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I'm torn between the PP2 & PP3. Kind of leaning towards the higher redline and peak power of the PP3. Do no rev hang or driveability issues?
Nope, car drives perfect. I'm working on a deal to upgrade to pp3 just to show the difference on this forum. Eventually I plan on going with a aftermarket guy or 2 if there up for comparing tunes.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nope, car drives perfect. I'm working on a deal to upgrade to pp3 just to show the difference on this forum. Eventually I plan on going with a aftermarket guy or 2 if there up for comparing tunes.
Great to hear the problems are fixed. Subscribed! :cheers:

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
I'm shifting @ just over 7k. The PP2 tune wakes the car up down low and sets her free up top, I love it @ any rpm! I've raced several tuned cars and the PP2 holds it own. I think most after market tuned cars with similar mods aren't going to see much more than 1 or 2 mph than what I'm running. With that said I've seen plenty of tuned cars that are running slower than me. My 60ft times are gonna make up the difference in most cases. As long as I stay away from a auto with drag radials and I converter I have a chance.
When shifting that high, are you having to change the way you clutch in because of NLS to prevent stumbling?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When shifting that high, are you having to change the way you clutch in because of NLS to prevent stumbling?
I never had any issues with stumbling. I shift this car just like every other car I had.
Sponsored