Sponsored

Ford performance power pack 2

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Good morning all,

Is the ford performance power pack 2 worth it? Thinking about getting it before I go FI within the next year... any insight/opinions would be appreciative. Thanks
Sponsored

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Worth it? I'd say yeah. the Motor is hangstrung from the factory to run on 87. PPII adds up to 50 ft/lbs of torque right where you want it, down low and up to 40 hp in the band. It requires 91+, but so do the Chevy and Dodge form the factory. 720 for it plus 400 for a dealer to install it, if your still under warranty. Install it yourself, if your out of the 5/60 powertrain. Really woke the car up. could never go back. Get it.

Small advice, turn on, or have to installer turn on the advance adapt by checking that box when you do the programming, otherwise the tune will force the spark map even with bad gas- ie: it won't retard for pinging.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Small advice, turn on, or have to installer turn on the advance adapt by checking that box when you do the programming, otherwise the tune will force the spark map even with bad gas- ie: it won't retard for pinging.
Can this be done after the tune was flashed by dealer?

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Good morning all,

Is the ford performance power pack 2 worth it? Thinking about getting it before I go FI within the next year... any insight/opinions would be appreciative. Thanks
If you are going FI within a year, you are throwing away your money and can't sell it as a PP2, only intake and TB after you are done because the tune is locked to your car.

I got the PP1 for my car and I am very happy with it, but I have no plans on doing any additional power modifications as long as I still have factory warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If you are going FI within a year, you are throwing away your money and can't sell it as a PP2, only intake and TB after you are done because the tune is locked to your car.

I got the PP1 for my car and I am very happy with it, but I have no plans on doing any additional power modifications as long as I still have factory warranty.
Did you notice a decent power gain from the PP1?

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Yes. It pulls harder overall. I probably gained 2-3/10s in the 1/8 mile, but its hard to compare because prior to my PP1 install I only had 1 track day where I was at an unprepped track. If I compare those time slips I actually gained 5-6/10s in the 1/8 compared to when I went back to another track with drag radials. But if I take into account the gains from the drag radials the PP1 seems to be good for the 2-3/10s.

I am hoping to go later this month and actually see the real gains, because I'll be able to compare MPH trap speed from before and after. Prior I only trapped 108-110 MPH and now I estimate 112-115

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
There's SO much information on this already.. There's a little magnifying glass in the corner, if you click it you can search and see the 50+ threads already that have the information your looking for

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
If you order from Levittown ford, it costs $608 + shipping. My local dealership usually charges around $250 for install.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I found it very worth it on my '15 AT. Felt like it added good power down-low and it had a little better throttle response. It also made a significant sound difference coming out of my cat-back exhaust, especially on cold starts. Cost a little more to install it since Long Island, but it gave the car a "this is how it should have driven from the factory" feel to it.

Sponsored

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
There's SO much information on this already.. There's a little magnifying glass in the corner, if you click it you can search and see the 50+ threads already that have the information your looking for
If the guy wanted to do a search, he would of done it. Why people post stating the obvious.. 'Search' when the OP wants an'Answer' is stupid.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If the guy wanted to do a search, he would of done it. Why people post stating the obvious.. 'Search' when the OP wants an'Answer' is stupid.
Lol because OP has 4 posts and maybe he/she doesn't know??
This question has a thread with 100k+ views on it that has every question answered

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Help the guy out. That thread is 226 pages long and the search function on this new platform leaves much to be desired.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2015-17-mustang-gt-ford-performance-power-packs.60467/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...k-2-m-9603-m8a-install-lessons-learned.80128/

I bought mine last Christmas, but have not had the time to install it. Looks like a lot of bang for the buck, much like the car it's going into. From True Blue Racing Parts it was $603 shipped, but it looks like now they charge shipping. It was a hell of a steal deal.

OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I talked to my local dealer and I am just going to install the Power Package 1 this Saturday... makes more sense since I plan on supercharging the car in the next 10 months and save the extra $350-$400 total. Just hope that the power pack 1 gives a decent increase and don’t feel like I wasted my money.