Phoenix PX6 Review...

Oxfordwhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Has anyone had a problem with no sound volume button can’t turn up or down when you put it on Bluetooth or CarPlay you can see the music playing but there’s no sound coming out radio you touch the dial and you can’t change the station
6F623CE6-096A-42BD-9751-878C3BBC21BD.jpeg
View attachment 491128
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost, 2013 Focus ST, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Has anyone had a problem with no sound volume button can’t turn up or down when you put it on Bluetooth or CarPlay you can see the music playing but there’s no sound coming out radio you touch the dial and you can’t change the station
6F623CE6-096A-42BD-9751-878C3BBC21BD.jpeg
View attachment 491128
Bluetooth thru sync or thru the android unit?

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Sync is like frozen sometimes so how’s up blank and others usb 1 but can’t change it to usb 2 or Bluetooth
Can you voice command sync to do things?

Sponsored

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to guess the jumper cables from the sync unit to the speakers and the android unit are disconnected. Did you try putting the oem face plate back in to see if the sync radio works?

Oxfordwhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I'm going to guess the jumper cables from the sync unit to the speakers and the android unit are disconnected. Did you try putting the oem face plate back in to see if the sync radio works?
No was going to try and hat next when I can get to it.

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So I'm considering buying this thing for some very specific purposes… Has anyone tried Amazon music with this? How about the 360 camera system? I’d love to have a “blackbox” built in that records 360 video as well as metrics. Anyone tried something like this?

Also, has anyone figured out how to reprogram the dials to control other functions like AC temp and fan speed?

Sponsored

dougal19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
So I'm considering buying this thing for some very specific purposes… Has anyone tried Amazon music with this? How about the 360 camera system? I’d love to have a “blackbox” built in that records 360 video as well as metrics. Anyone tried something like this?

Also, has anyone figured out how to reprogram the dials to control other functions like AC temp and fan speed?
I've not figured out how to reprogram the dials, but you can reprogram the 6 touch buttons for other uses. I have the top two on the left (A/C and defroster) changed to temp up and down, so I can adjust the AC temp without the screen popping up. I just leave the AC on auto 90% of the time now and adjust the temperature as needed. There's an option to reprogram in the settings, you just need to save/reboot after making a change for it to take effect.

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)

I use amazon echo auto with mine, which I highly recommend if you subscribe it amazon music.

You can use amazon music in 2 other ways. 1 download the playlist to the unit while on Wi-Fi. Amazon music auto deletes all downloaded music at some interval. Or 2 use your phones hotspot/ mobile hotspot.

I created a button on the touchscreen to trigger alexia voice prompt. I also was able to use the rotary home button trigger alexia. I now have that button trigger torques data screen.

It would be nice if the 6 buttons on the side on the screen were unlabeled.

dougal19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
I've just posted a thread on how to hide the A/C controls and nav bar on the screen, it's pretty easy to do and only requires a laptop and WiFi hotspot.

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've just posted a thread on how to hide the A/C controls and nav bar on the screen, it's pretty easy to do and only requires a laptop and WiFi hotspot.
I have this PX6 Unit....

What I want to know, is how to Program the two main dials to control Temperature and Fan Speed respectively, instead of only the radio volume and station/song advance.

Not only to program the dials, but ensure the steering wheel radio control buttons for radio volume and station advance, stay the same.That way, I can control the radio with the steering wheel, and the dials on the unit itself to control the A/C temp and speed.

Is there a way to do this?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I was gonna start another thread but figured I would ask here first. I want to know about this unit but specifically for the 2019 gt premium with drive modes. I see lots of gts and eco boosts and all but I want to know specifically if anyone has installed this on their 18-20 gt premium and does everything work? ON the web site is says MOST oem functions retained... what does it not retain? do they toggles work as intended on premiums or do they still just change radio functions like on none premium ones? ( I heard mode just changes audio function on non premium cars) I want to retain drive modes and all.

Nut shell. do premium features still work and what features specifically have you found not to work on premium cars. its my only hesitation on buying this. I have emailed the seller but have gotten no answer.

OH and can you change the color of the car shown on the screen or is it always orange?

well and not so much netshel anymore LOL what about heated and cooled seats since I loose those buttons. I dont see heated cooled seats options in the menus Ive seen...
Sponsored