Sponsored

Anyone install PX6 Tesla Style Screen on 2019 base?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Posting this as a new thread because official tesla style thread seems to be dead.
Bought a PX6 tesla style android screen/radio from phoenix and having a little trouble on the installation
Neither of my USB ports work (the one on the unit that you switch over from factory console, or the one in the armrest). My 2019 4 inch base with Sync 2 seems to have different factory connections for the radio than installation guides on youtube and here of installs on earlier model years.
Anyone have any insight on something I could have done wrong or insight on how they installed (particularly the usb connections)?
Here is how I have it done
unnamed.jpg

The large latching type plug on the left connecting to tesla harness for rear backup cam connection, middle is the mini usb male from factory connecting to mini usb female on tesla usb harness, and the right blue plug doesn't connect to anything. Is the blue plug the power for the USBs?
The armrest usb blue LED light surrounding it is not lit up indicating to me there is no power to the usbs.
unnamed.jpg
Sponsored

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Is this same install as yours:

Start at 3:50 mark. Doesn't show a lot. Just wondering if same you have.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Is this same install as yours:

Start at 3:50 mark. Doesn't show a lot. Just wondering if same you have.
No, my car has large latch type connector as well as a male mini usb from factory that comes down from the top section that would usually go into the sync 2 module.

carter242000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford mustang ecoboost base model
Just did the install. No fing sound. Everything else works
Sponsored